Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
St louis
saw it again and it's even better the second time.
i'll be back tomorrow to witness this
brilliant peice of cinematic genius again.
:ohlawd:

wat6rr.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Tell me one part of CIVIL WAR where it was remotely implied that Captain America knew about the VHS tape? OR that he knew about Bucky killing Stark's parents? There is none... don't use a WEAK example from a film between several MCU films to include an Avengers film. Something THAT significant should of been foreshadowed or implied in THIS movie.... there was nothing hinting Rogers knowing this important information... and yet for all that time and the number of years that had passed... going against everything that he himself stood for...he kept it in secrecy... the very thing he chastised Nick Fury for. It is BS... it was a forced written plot device to find an EXCUSE for one final battle.... nothing more.
Psst. Just because you capitalize something doesn't make it true. lol
I never said it was in this movie but this movie is part of a cinematic universe or nah?! :jbhmm:
You playing by old rules, you need to catch up. :pachaha:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tell me one part of CIVIL WAR where it was remotely implied that Captain America knew about the VHS tape? OR that he knew about Bucky killing Stark's parents? There is none... don't use a WEAK example from a film between several MCU films to include an Avengers film. Something THAT significant should of been foreshadowed or implied in THIS movie.... there was nothing hinting Rogers knowing this important information... and yet for all that time and the number of years that had passed... going against everything that he himself stood for...he kept it in secrecy... the very thing he chastised Nick Fury for. It is BS... it was a forced written plot device to find an EXCUSE for one final battle.... nothing more.

The gall of Steve to always remind him of knowing Tony's pops. :wow:

Tony:why didn't you tell me. :mjcry:

Steve: Thats my boy for almost a 100 years breh, what you want from me :yeshrug:

Tony: We've been battling side by side for years though:stopitslime:

Steve: Breh I just met you 4 years ago :dame:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So if this makes less than a billion is it a disappointment and a flop? :jbhmm:

I see the predictions were off and it ain't touching 200 million :jbhmm:

Made less than bvs in its first day :jbhmm:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Fun is the biggest crutch I've ever seen in film making I've witnessed in a long time.

Who cares if it's good,just have them spew quips and make it light hearted that way nobody takes anything serious and these neckbeards that still watch wrestling won't be harsh on it :lolbron:

Every time I see someone write fun in their impressions I :russ: because I know they're acknowledgin shyt ain't to be taken serious and they just don't want to admit they're over grown children that get wowed by kiddy shyt

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
random question yall..

what makes a regular kung fu movie better in martial arts than civil war and winter soldier?

imo the acrobatic and athletic armed forces fighting style trumps alot of these current martial arts movies and the cap vs tony scene was what convinced me since they used less editing between blows.

i aint saying Marvel is better than crouching tiger and Ip man joints :whoa:

but yaw can get the entire fukk outta here thinking John fukking Wick is better than Steve Rogers :dahell:

They have a hard on around here for John Wick, I saw it and was like eh. to be honest I thought "Death Sentence" was better.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
the biggest knock against the airport fight is that the stakes don't feel very high. everyone just seems like they're having fun out there, which they are. it's definitely a 'fun' and amazing scene, but i'd hesitate to call it the best ever because i think the stakes just aren't there.

like i think about batman/bane, which was comparatively simple but so much more memorable. from the moment the door behind batman shuts and you see bane standing there in the distance... wow. i didn't even like that movie but i knew i was in for some classic shyt.

You know what I can give you that. Now be real do you think either Batman/Bane fights were better than Iron Man/Winter Soldier/Captain America??

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You know what I can give you that. Now be real do you think either Batman/Bane fights were better than Iron Man/Winter Soldier/Captain America??

in some ways yes, in some ways no.

pound for pound the action in winter soldier shyts on anything in TDKR. from the hand to hand fights, the opening sequence on the tanker... everything. but at the same time i also found the winter soldier to be a pretty weak character and saw him as nothing more than a faceless bad guy.

whereas bane's presence and dialogue in that first fight makes it unforgettable.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Fun is the biggest crutch I've ever seen in film making I've witnessed in a long time.

Who cares if it's good,just have them spew quips and make it light hearted that way nobody takes anything serious and these neckbeards that still watch wrestling won't be harsh on it :lolbron:

Every time I see someone write fun in their impressions I :russ: because I know they're acknowledgin shyt ain't to be taken serious and they just don't want to admit they're over grown children that get wowed by kiddy shyt

Breh this was a legit good movie that happened to be fun.
Having said that it did seem like they wanted to keep reminding us just how fun it was throughout the movie. It almost happened on cue.

Fun :obama:

Fun :ooh:

Fun :ohlawd:

Fun :mjcry:

Fun :youngsabo: