Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He admitted himself that he was wrong for keeping it secret, to the point he even admitted he told himself it was to protect Tony but really he just did it to protect himself from having to deal with it.

It isn't a plot hole how he knew Bucky killed Tony's parents (that's what he knew, not that there might've been a tape of it) because he asked Bucky what Zemo wanted from him and that was the details of everything involving the mission where he killed Tony's parents.

Zemo literally said he didn't want more superhumans because the very existence of unaccountable superhumans is what led to the death of his family. And he was only willing to kill himself because he set out what he intended, to divide the Avengers indefinitely.

Zemo would of have control just like he was able to brainwash Winter Soldier again. Also, again.... it is stupid to so-called kill yourself after an assumption of dividing the Avengers when the Avengers were already divided by the Registration Act. Which again he should of JUST sent the tape at the beginning to Stark.... it made the stakes for the entire film more impactful. The fact that he somehow KNEW that Stark will show up in Siberia is terrible writing because there's no rhyme or reason for it...or anything else regarding this film.

If anything, it should of been about Zemo sending the tape to Stark.... Zemo then brainwashing Winter Soldier...and THEN the Civil War to include the airport scene making everything at stake FOR REAL rather than the last ten minutes of the movie wasting our time the whole other 2hrs of the film of mostly filler scenes.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
No... you assumed that's how he knew. It didn't explicitly say that or even IMPLIED which makes it a plot hole. He could of just as easily known because Bucky told him. Either way... for THIS film...it is a plot hole.
I'm just glad Stark got that letter from Cap. Otherwise he might have went back after him when Ross called in two minutes later :whew:

Sometimes its better to send...

an email
SuO9kSy.png

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
I still can't get over Black Panther's screen presence.

That nikka's speed :damn:

giphy.gif

Black Excellence on film :mjcry:

Bruh this dude was getting his Usain Bolt on :damn:

And cap america was chucking that shield faster than an MLB pitcher can pitch a baseball

These dudes athletic :heh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
-Falcoln with the precision grenades while his wings take bullets like it's nothing. :smugbiden:
- Cap breaking down Crossbones with the hands and no shield. :banderas:
Black Widow taking out those dudes with the biological weapon. :ohlawd:
- Bucky stealing the motorcycle going full speed tho. :ooh:
- Black Panther giving Bucky that work on the roof. :myman:

The action y'all was just. :wow: Thanks to everyone involved seriously. Movie magic. This just the first couple of action scenes. We were blessed.:blessed:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No... you assumed that's how he knew. It didn't explicitly say that or even IMPLIED which makes it a plot hole. He could of just as easily known because Bucky told him. Either way... for THIS film...it is a plot hole.
What information do you think is in Bucky's espionage type file? His favorite cooking recipes? :what:
You are just looking for a pothole. Sorry, it's not there if you are paying attention.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn dude you are passionate about this stuff. Respect. Do you have a blog or youtube channel? You can take these movie reviews next level.

Lol not as passionate as a lot of cats in here. I write reviews every now and then on my site but since I started writing for the smoking section, I've had less and less time for the site.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What information do you think is in Bucky's espionage type file? His favorite cooking recipes? :what:
You are just looking for a pothole. Sorry, it's not there if you are paying attention.

Tell me one part of CIVIL WAR where it was remotely implied that Captain America knew about the VHS tape? OR that he knew about Bucky killing Stark's parents? There is none... don't use a WEAK example from a film between several MCU films to include an Avengers film. Something THAT significant should of been foreshadowed or implied in THIS movie.... there was nothing hinting Rogers knowing this important information... and yet for all that time and the number of years that had passed... going against everything that he himself stood for...he kept it in secrecy... the very thing he chastised Nick Fury for. It is BS... it was a forced written plot device to find an EXCUSE for one final battle.... nothing more.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I still can't get over Black Panther's screen presence.

That nikka's speed :damn:

giphy.gif

Black Excellence on film :mjcry:

Such an amazing intro of him in the suit..

however, the airport scene he was kinda :patrice: status for me.

Not cause he did something wrong. Just his character seemed outta place (which I guess makes sense cause he's the only one trying to kill somebody)

All these jokers and then there's Panther like :ld::stopitslime:

Sort of how I feel about Batman though. Keep his character in the dark and in a serious setting.

He's about to kill it in Coogler's film :banderas:

Although Coogler might need to make sure those John Wick directors work on his film as well for the action scenes. :lupe: