Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I knew it :wow:

pKuUPTw.jpg

i think it's classless and irresponsible tbh. :manny:

and yea you're right i'm definitely more old fashioned. i don't very much like the fact that these movie continue to strive for more and more realism. these movies should be over the top imo.

you did not fall in love with these characters because of how real they seemed.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i think it's classless and irresponsible tbh. :manny:

and yea you're right i'm definitely more old fashioned. i don't very much like the fact that these movie continue to strive for more and more realism. these movies should be over the top imo.

you did not fall in love with these characters because of how real they seemed.

To be fair I feel like most people fell in love with Peter because of how relatable he is

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The first act hell maybe even first hour with all the accord talk was Phantom menace politics level of slow and boring.

But i loved just about everything after.

Spidey and black Panther were as good as advertised

And @MartyMcFly i appreciated the cursing.

Not as good as winter soldier but definitely gonna preorder

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just got back from it, and I was sort of underwhelmed. Maybe I'm just sick of super hero movies, but I didn't find it revolutionary or anything. I thought it was alright, but I probably won't bother watching it again :manny:
Well it is definitely not a revolutionary film in any way, shape or form so its likely not that you are suffering from CBM fatigue.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The first act hell maybe even first hour with all the accord talk was Phantom menace politics level of slow and boring.

But i loved just about everything after.

Spidey and black Panther were as good as advertised

And @MartyMcFly i appreciated the cursing.

Not as good as winter soldier but definitely gonna preorder

First act definitely could've been better paced out.

Yeah I appreciated it too

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'd say it's as good if not maybe a few notches below. The highway chase had the advantage of constant forward motion and the combat in close quarters which is always dope when done right. Especially in a freaking car with a sword. And it doesn't have that emotional pay off of Neo rescuing them followed by Lync doing exactly what the audience does...YES!:wow:

Matrix reloaded gets a lot of crap but there are moments of brilliance in that shyt
I would say that the airport battle was more fun but definitely not better than the highway chase. That highway chase was an awesome display of directing by them wacky Wachowskis.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I would say that the airport battle was more fun but definitely not better than the highway chase. That highway chase was an awesome display of directing by them wacky Wachowskis.

Yeah. More fun because it's a comic book splash page come to life. But that matrix scene is just something you didn't know you wanted and now it's all you want lol

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
random question yall..

what makes a regular kung fu movie better in martial arts than civil war and winter soldier?

imo the acrobatic and athletic armed forces fighting style trumps alot of these current martial arts movies and the cap vs tony scene was what convinced me since they used less editing between blows.

i aint saying Marvel is better than crouching tiger and Ip man joints :whoa:

but yaw can get the entire fukk outta here thinking John fukking Wick is better than Steve Rogers :dahell:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: Three hours left before I reach heaven, smokin at 8:30 then getting there by 9 and coppin a good seat. Trynna see if I shld sneak some chinaman in to eat :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the biggest knock against the airport fight is that the stakes don't feel very high. everyone just seems like they're having fun out there, which they are. it's definitely a 'fun' and amazing scene, but i'd hesitate to call it the best ever because i think the stakes just aren't there.

like i think about batman/bane, which was comparatively simple but so much more memorable. from the moment the door behind batman shuts and you see bane standing there in the distance... wow. i didn't even like that movie but i knew i was in for some classic shyt.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
the biggest knock against the airport fight is that the stakes don't feel very high. everyone just seems like they're having fun out there, which they are. it's definitely a 'fun' and amazing scene, but i'd hesitate to call it the best ever because i think the stakes just aren't there.

like i think about batman/bane, which was comparatively simple but so much more memorable. from the moment the door behind batman shuts and you see bane standing there in the distance... wow. i didn't even like that movie but i knew i was in for some classic shyt.

i agree but at the end of the movie the band is clearly broke the fukk up