Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seeing it 1130 tonight :wow:

That airport scene better be as good as the highway chase in Matrix 2:ufdup:

The way guys are talking about it

I'd say it's as good if not maybe a few notches below. The highway chase had the advantage of constant forward motion and the combat in close quarters which is always dope when done right. Especially in a freaking car with a sword. And it doesn't have that emotional pay off of Neo rescuing them followed by Lync doing exactly what the audience does...YES!:wow:

Matrix reloaded gets a lot of crap but there are moments of brilliance in that shyt

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cap got a file at the end of the last movie from the Black Widow on The Winter Soldier. You don't remember that or is that not good enough?

And still wasn't going to tell Tony.... which is precisely the point of my argument....

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'd say it's as good if not maybe a few notches below. The highway chase had the advantage of constant forward motion and the combat in close quarters which is always dope when done right. Especially in a freaking car with a sword. And it doesn't have that emotional pay off of Neo rescuing them followed by Lync doing exactly what the audience does...YES!:wow:

Matrix reloaded gets a lot of crap but there are moments of brilliance in that shyt
I feel you. What about the story though?

On screen rant they basically said the action is top notch but the story is good but kinda :patrice:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When I saw the movie Thursday night with a younger crowd nobody got that joke. I bursted out laughing. They wasn't old enough at the time to know about all that.
:russ:

Yeah Hawkeye was on fire the whole movie.

Not going to front, I was a little in my feelings when Spidey referred to Empire as "that old star wars movie"

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't really care that much about how Spidey makes his webs, but I always thought it was kinda odd how he's given all these other powers cause of the spiderbite, but not the ability to spin webs.

I agree that the OG spidey trilogy got this right, but it also gives the character a flaw that can make his fights more interesting in the comics. Spidey with limited/no webbing is a fun character to watch because a lot of times he finds more clever ways to beat his opponent.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you. What about the story though?

On screen rant they basically said the action is top notch but the story is good but kinda :patrice:

Story works if you're involved emotionally. If not, then there's some stuff you probably won't be able to stomach. Just coincidences and even character stuff that may make you scratch your head in the 3rd act. It's not a perfect flick by any means but it does a whole hell of a lot more right than wrong. The way it introduces new characters, reintroduces old characters, establishes the conflict and actually provides stakes to them, along with a couple gut punches? Yeah dope shyt. But I really do feel the enjoyment level is based on how invested you are in the characters.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah Hawkeye was on fire the whole movie.

Not going to front, I was a little in my feelings when Spidey referred to Empire as "that old star wars movie"

ROFLMFAO.... :mjlol:

I was like that nikka never even saw the second star wars... :wtf:

:mjcry: old star wars movie....

Tony should have been like The empire strikes back is a classic, PETE!!!! :ufdup: