Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
First of all, how would of Rogers KNEW when there's nothing hinting he could of known. And 2nd of all, it is against his CHARACTER to hold secrets! So, he did know all this time, whether it's from SHIELD or by Bucky whenever they somehow had this so-called conversation (because it surely wasn't mentioned when he mentioned about the OTHER Winter Soldiers)....he WOULD HAD TOLD TONY... it is against everything that defines Captain America. Everything that he stood for in the previous films.

2nd of all, Tony was coming there because he KNEW THE TRUTH...only to disregard everything just because of a twist, seen a miles ahead, twist.....Even Black Panther, who saw his own pops blown up, was more understanding and he even he wasn't trying to go after everyone. Stark was willing to kill Rogers just because he knew about WS despite knowing WS wasn't himself at all.

And if this was the overall goal... then Zemo should of just SENT THE TAPE in the very beginning and made the entire film about about that and the stakes being higher than a so-called play "Civil War" 2/3ths of the film over a so-called misunderstanding that gets ignored anyway because Tony suddenly loses all reason. You may fucck with it, I DON'T.... especially how it was SET UP with Zemo just sitting there waiting and oddly KNOWING that Stark was going to show up to Siberia so he can show him the tape. It is HORRIFIC WRITING that people want to suddenly give a pass or cop pleas.
Yeah Zemo not sending the tape in the first place is weird :patrice:

That's like Lex not sending Bruce the bounced checks in the beginning :mjlol:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really in the three movies Steve Rogers has been very consistent in regards to his boy Bucky. In the First Avenger he went on his own Rogue mission to save him and the other POWs, even through Tommy Lee Jones character said they will not go in to save them. In the Winter Soldier once he found out it was him, Cap wanted to save him. Basically the same thing follows into Civil War. Steve's Rodgers breaking point is his best friend regardless. As for what's the point of the movie Civil War is? It's about the perspective of Steve's knowing his best friend is safe, someone who did the same thing for him when he was little Steve.

I actually like some of the X-men movies but them films are all over the place, X2 and First Class were the best ones. So I am not sh!tting on the whole franchise, just saying from my opinion they ran out of ideas. I feel like it hurts the series when Matt Vaughn walked away from the movies. To me he is a way better director than Singer is.

I'm not talking about Rogers and his relationship with Bucky. I am talking about Rogers and his moral belief in not holding secrets.

Case in point:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not talking about Rogers and his relationship with Bucky. I am talking about Rogers and his moral belief in not holding secrets.

Case in point:

Uh he's a human being. Everyone has their ideals and everyone falls short of those same ideals. Especially in an emotional situation. Learn human nature.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uh he's a human being. Everyone has their ideals and everyone falls short of those same ideals. Especially in an emotional situation. Learn human nature.

Plea cop all you want... it is still a CLEAR contradiction in his character. Also, a glaring plot hole since we do not even know HOW he knew about the tape... we can only guess it's either by SHIELD or Bucky. But either way, it doesn't hint you in that he known all along. It's a forced written in part JUST to suddenly have one final fight. That entire last part of the film made no sense. Especially Zemo going through all that trouble to kill himself. Dude had access to the remaining Winter Soldiers in his control to tear up the Avengers which was ALREADY divided because of the registration act.... and was going to KILL HIMSELF anyway.

The whole thing is purely ignorant in how it was written.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Seeing it 1130 tonight :wow:

That airport scene better be as good as the highway chase in Matrix 2:ufdup:

The way guys are talking about it

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Screenrants review podcast got my hype more realistic. I'm expecting to like it not love it but we'll see

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Plea cop all you want... it is still a CLEAR contradiction in his character. Also, a glaring plot hole since we do not even know HOW he knew about the tape... we can only guess it's either by SHIELD or Bucky. But either way, it doesn't hint you in that he known all along. It's a forced written in part JUST to suddenly have one final fight. That entire last part of the film made no sense. Especially Zemo going through all that trouble to kill himself. Dude had access to the remaining Winter Soldiers in his control to tear up the Avengers which was ALREADY divided because of the registration act.... and was going to KILL HIMSELF anyway.

The whole thing is purely ignorant in how it was written.
Cap got a file at the end of the last movie from the Black Widow on The Winter Soldier. You don't remember that or is that not good enough?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
That's a L for you Marvel stans.

I'm sorry but all the shyt I seen some of yall giving BvS, and so far even with all the hate BvS is on pace for a bigger opening weekend than this "critically acclaimed" movie. :mjlol:

Again I've got no horse in this race, I love both movies, but some of yall was talking MAD shyt in the BvS and in this thread about BvS opening weekend and the flack it got and how this movie was gonna easily demolish it. Y'all better hope for a big Sat/Sun after all that shyt YALL was talking.
Yeah the stans were saying this will do Jurrassic world numbers not looking good with that regard. Still huge though.

What's interesting is that in Marvel's big team ups, the money has dropped each time. Assuming this does less than AoU

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I don't get the hate for that scene.

Like, if someone says "Save *insert your dead mom's name here*", that's gonna stop ANYONE with a heart in their tracks if they weren't expecting it. I liked the scene. I sometimes feel like an outcast when I see that I'm one of the few who liked that it initiated the truce between Bat and Supes. But whatever. I'm just a general fan who doesn't have much stake in either world.
Im always weirded out by how much people make fun of that scene. Everyone is Simplifying it like it was just because "their moms had the same name so they're friends" to me shows the point went right over their head.

Not a BvS fan, it had many problems but that wasn't one of them.

Who's that in your avi? :jbhmm:
Mari McCabe aka Vixen. DC Comics character.

What did you think of the King and sample of the Dora Milaje?:lupe:
I was
:noah::noah::noah:

King T'Chaka wasn't on screen long but you could feel the strong emotion between him and Chadwick. I was pretty close to crying. Simply incredible.

Last edited: