Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
A few things that really stuck out as odd or curious:

1. The utter lack of emotion from Cap about Bucky choosing to go back into cryo. He spent 2 years searching for this guy, pulled a helicopter back, breaks all sorts of laws to stick by him, but then looks almost bored when Bucky tells him he's going back to sleep. It was bizarre.

I do hope this means Bucky will reappear in the BP movie.

2. How did Zemo know Sam would lead Tony to Steve & Bucky? That seems unlikely.

3. Where was the video camera used to record the Starks' murders set up at? It seemed a bit too convenient.

4. Did Vision have a crush on Wanda? He told Tony he accidentally hit Rhoadey because he was distracted (Wanda was in his arms). I wonder where they're going with that.

5. Is Crossbones really dead? Because that would be such a waste.

6. Also, it struck how similar Peter's motivations for superheroing were to Cap's, and I wonder if Cap had found him first if he could have been swayed to his side. But then again Peter is a science geek, he may not have ever been able to get past his worship of Tony.

7. I would fully support a Winter Soldier movie as long as Sam was featured in it to give Bucky shyt. Their comedic scenes in CW were gold.
Vision and Wanda get married in the comics so yeah he pretty much has a crush on her.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

1. The utter lack of emotion from Cap about Bucky choosing to go back into cryo. He spent 2 years searching for this guy, pulled a helicopter back, breaks all sorts of laws to stick by him, but then looks almost bored when Bucky tells him he's going back to sleep. It was bizarre.

3. Where was the video camera used to record the Starks' murders set up at? It seemed a bit too convenient.

4. Did Vision have a crush on Wanda? He told Tony he accidentally hit Rhoadey because he was distracted (Wanda was in his arms). I wonder where they're going with that.

6. Also, it struck how similar Peter's motivations for superheroing were to Cap's, and I wonder if Cap had found him first if he could have been swayed to his side. But then again Peter is a science geek, he may not have ever been able to get past his worship of Tony.

7. I would fully support a Winter Soldier movie as long as Sam was featured in it to give Bucky shyt. Their comedic scenes in CW were gold.
Peter is a Tony fanboy because theyre both geniuses and likes Stark for his engineering advancements besides the ironman suit, which the showed in Peters apartment scene so I think Tony knew and went to him first

you can see how inspired Cap was in Peter Parker as once they fought more Cap saw the huge flaws in the way Peter fights and his inexperience but at one point he was smiling almost as if he was proud of something especially when Peter was lifting that container and asked what part of New York Peter's from

in the comics, mainly the Ultimate comics, Peter is trained by Captain America so that Peter can mature and become more ready while fighting for Avengers so I can see Feige spinning it this way since Cap is the most skillfull in martial arts, next to T'Challa

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Vision hit home with this: "Our Very Strength Incites Challenge. Challenge Incites Conflict. And Conflict Breeds Catastrophe."

There were many great, often simple, lines like that in this flick. When Peter starts talking about the responsibility of his power, it felt so real...and I applaud them for trusting the audience to know exactly what he was referring to.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Stark also isn't in a great frame of mind when the movie takes place.

Feels guilty cause of Ultron.
pepper's gone
having to fight his friends
Has his best friend get severely injured
pretty much managed to piss off just about every one of the avengers
and then when you finally realize that the guy you've been chasing is innocent of the un bombing. You find out he killed your parents and your other good friend knew about and kept it from you.

I'd flip out too.

Breh, the fact that Bucky killed his parents alone was worth him flipping out. Any of the characters would. Hell, T'Challa basically was doing just that.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
If anyone remembers in Winter Solider they showed his potential list of hits Bucky committed during his time under HYDRA control and they showed Howard Starks face. So I figured if they made a Civil War movie they'd use that for the conflict between Captain Americca and Iron Man. shyt was obvious to me the minute the flashback said 1991.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Well it was the street going to the Stark's property, which is why Tony was like hey I know that street. I am sure Hydra was doing surveillance, since they wanted Howard Stark dead for a long time. They had to show their Hydra Superiors that the deed was done so they recorded the event. In The Winter Soldier movie Zola implied that Hydra would change the events if history didn't cooperate then accidents would happen. The Starks' death was viewed to be looked at as a car accident.

If anyone remembers in Winter Solider they showed his potential list of hits Bucky committed during his time under HYDRA control and they showed Howard Starks face. So I figured if they made a Civil War movie they'd use that for the conflict between Captain Americca and Iron Man. shyt was obvious to me the minute the flashback said 1991.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Black Panther- LOVED how furious and onpar/even better fighting skills he had against Cap. They did his character beautifully and almost made him into a Batman-esque kinda character with how intuitive of a situation he was and playing as an investigator
especially following Cap and Bucky to Russia which shows he wanted the real answers to his fathers death
that scene of him sitting with Zemo listening to Zemo's pain in life hise :wow:

Spiderman- :wow: :wow: hilarious kid and loved the constant quips and laughed when Falcon called attention to it

"this isn't how fighting happens kid " :birdman:

Bucky- same dude from WS with ferocity and was great on screen with more dialogue

Antman- :russ: although the writers jumped the gun a little in making Paul Rudd make too many jokes

Black Panther and Spiderman did steal the show BUT Cap equally had his influence on the movie near the end by beating Tony's ass and having more of "i dont give a fukk anymore attitude"

Tony low key stole the show tho and they played on his fears and emotions ALOT this movie, something they were trying Age of Ultron
-Pepper breaking up with him so hes using the Sokovia Accord to prove hes a changed dude and win her back
-the black woman mad that he killed her son in the Sokovia incident
-his parents death
-Rodhey becoming disabled

they Steelers blitz the fukk outta Tony's emotions this movie and he crumbled :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
fukk comic book movies......this is one of
my favorite movies ever made.
the shyt was fukkin dope!!!!!!
wat6rr.jpg

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I learned my lesson from when watching The Dark Knight/Rises, The Avengers, Force Awakens, DOFP, Age of Ultron, and Man of Steel with a woman. They'll ruin your experience if they don't know anything about comics or science fiction. Not trying to sound sexist but that's my experience. I saw Dawn of Justice the first time solo and Civil War solo and was able to enjoy them. I'll watch Civil War again today with my girl so she won't be as much of a distraction.

Bullshyt.