Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Tony's acting in the later parts of this was :wow:

Downey came outta nowhere with award winning performance in the Bucky, Cap Tony fight scene. Pure emotion and anger :banderas: :salute: to Russo Bros for tapping into such a performance from Downey

I wanted to give this movie a straight 10 if imma be honest because there's no better word to describe this movie except for spectacular

Not one movie recently has actually wanted me for it not to end and I checked my phone hoping I had another 30 minutes at least once the cap Bucky and Tony scene ended :mjcry:

The ending left a liiiiiitle unanswered questions tho but I think there's a reason they did that but overall...

Solid 9/10

Started out great and got amazing from middle to end. Marvel gotta just say fukk everyone else on staff and keep Russo brothers for the rest of these Marvel movies :damn: :damn:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Yall fukkING BUGGIN tho the complete trickey, underhanded shyt and complexity of a master plan Zemo had :damn: this was NOT some 1-dimensional villain this was a dude with a past, someone who took their time and really put efrt into their plot ..unllike Jesse Eisenberg in BvsS:mjpls:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i guess, but the dude can kick your ass when he's the size of an ant, so i thought he would be able to be just as nimble when he was big. who knows. it didn't ruin anything

"something just flew in me!" got me :russ:

Scott said he only tried turning big once before in a lab and he passed out, so clearly he is still learning to deal with the increased size and mass change.:jbhmm:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh, and regarding Zemo, I assume/hope this is just his "origin" movie. Like you saw what this guy can accomplish entirely on his own, so once he gets a bunch of (superpowered) followers, the Thunderbolts are gonna happen. Matter of fact, in one of the last incarnations of the team General "Thunderbolt" Ross was the team's leader, so with Ross now the Secretary of State, perhaps he'll create the Thunderbolts with Zemo as the tactical field leader? There's a lot of potential there if Marvel opens their eyes to the opportunities.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Oh, and regarding Zemo, I assume/hope this is just his "origin" movie. Like you saw what this guy can accomplish entirely on his own, so once he gets a bunch of (superpowered) followers, the Thunderbolts are gonna happen. Matter of fact, in one of the last incarnations of the team General "Thunderbolt" Ross was the team's leader, so with Ross now the Secretary of State, perhaps he'll create the Thunderbolts with Zemo as the tactical field leader? There's a lot of potential there if Marvel opens their eyes to the opportunities.
Could be the plot for Black Panther. Ross is gonna want Bucky.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
remember he's "Helmut" :why: Zemo not "Baron" there has to be a reason for that :francis:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Movie was iight, its funny how the winter soldier was so :banderas: in captain America winter soldier yet in this film dude is getting that work from everyone.
I must have missed those bits if anything they made him so strong that I felt it hurt black panther, that freeway chase scene where he catches panther with 1 hand and sends him flying 100 yds with 1 kick was disgusting

When black panther Bucky and captain America were running :mindblown:

Falcon was killing it, spiderman was so unnecessary.

Wasn't really feeling the "villian"

All that for a tape that captain America already saw

Would have been more interesting to me those six super soldiers plot and captain America, iron man, Bucky and black panther teaming up and merking em :ehh:
and have ppl complain about another comic book movie where the heroes band together to defeat a group that are just jobbers in the end? The super soldiers were still essentially human so how would you have liked those battles to end? With the avengers just beating them down and then putting them back on ice? :beli:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
remember he's "Helmut" :why: Zemo not "Baron" there has to be a reason for that :francis:

Helmut Zemo is the his real name though.:manny:

Anyway, the original Baron Zemo was his father, Heinrich. They could easily play up that their family lost their privileges after WWII and Helmut simply reclaims the title "Baron" as a legacy.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Helmut Zemo is the his real name though.:manny:

Anyway, the original Baron Zemo was his father, Heinrich. They could easily play up that their family lost their privileges after WWII and Helmut simply reclaims the title "Baron" as a legacy.
:gladbron:word? Ok

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

I like the theory, but Marvel made him so one dimensional with his motivations and goals that he achieved everything he wanted to do in that one flick and he was ready to commit that. I mean if they give him any new motivations in a later film then it'll seem completely forced.