Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Opinions DO NOT equal facts:mjlol:

Captain America trilogy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dark Knight trilogy imo
:mjpls:

latest

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iron Man vs Cap, the big team battle, a superhero taking out another, a mission failure with a Villain blowing himself up, the initiative coming into effect, Stark getting scolded by a grieving mother, Stark going to the superhero prison and being called out, Iron Man's team ambushing Caps, a hero unmasking etc. They were there but just adapted to fit the current MCU timeline and characters.

Black Widows tells Captain America during the church scene (which is before Bucky shows up in the present) that she, Stark, Vision and Rhodes are all on board for The Accords and have signed. She then tells him to come with her to the official signing and to reconsider but he says no that he can't sign up for it.

the only major point you listed that translated to this movie was iron man vs capt, and even that wasn't really cause of the initiative, it was over bucky....the others were either not major points and/or didn't translate to this movie....exs: the unmasking of a major hero in the comic was to show support for the initiative (spidey), that didn't happen in this movie...a superhero didn't 'take out' another superhero in this movie...

as for widow/capt: at that point, the majority were still thinking about it, the teams hadn't been decided...that didn't happen until the bombing...and even then, capt was still about to sign cause tony said they'd help bucky, not kill him...capt's main motivation this movie was bucky, not the initiative, like in the comic...

...I get and understand why marvel put civil war on the title, but no, this is far from an adaption of that comic...most of the shyt in this movie was driven by capt's feelings for bucky, not the initiative...which is what the comic was about...

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Anyone that seen it find it weird that good ol' all American clean cut captain america....

..tried to strait up murder spiderman in that airport fight scenes. This was his first time meeting spidey, he had no idea spidey had super strength. Yep he tried smashing a sipping container that had to way at least a couple tons right on spiders head. (Right at that I'm from queens... im from Brooklyn part)

Without that super strength spiderman would have been a red smear on the pavement, but Captain America didn't seem to give a fukk. The fact he heard spidey's voice and it obviously sounded like a kid made the attempted murder much much worse

He kinda prooves Tony's point, that enhanced people need to be put in check:manny:
He figured if he's old enough to cross the street, he's old enough to get hit :yeshrug:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Numbers update. I still think it'll do more than BvS

Friday AM Update: Captain America: Civil War brought in $25 million from Thursday night previews, the tenth largest Thursday night number of all-time (including midnight-only screenings). This Thursday number is just behind the $27.6 million posted by Avengers: Age of Ultron last year and $27.7 million brought in by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earlier this year. Both films went on to gross over $80 million on Friday, the question as to whether Civil War will be able to top $200 million for the weekend depends on audience response and how well it ultimately plays on Saturday and Sunday.

Additionally, updated international figures for Civil War bring the international total to $291.2 million and that's not including early reports from China where it's being reported the film brought in $30.6 million on its opening day. For a larger breakdown of its international performance so far click here and stay tuned as we'll have Friday estimates for you tomorrow morning.

Updated: 'Captain America: Civil War' Hauls in $25M from Thursday Night Previews - Box Office Mojo

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All hail Black Panther :myman: :blessed: this movie sets up the conflict cool. BvS why you let me down so much :mjcry:

Movie didn't really stick to the comics at all tho :patrice:

Movie felt long tho and cap had more of a cape for buck than superman does for Lois

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup

when he said

I don't care he killed my mom ...

you can hear all the hurt '

and not the over dramatic MARTHA WHY DID YOU SAY MARTHA

what about capt freezing cause he hears the name bucky and letting crossbones set the bomb off? lol.....i'm not in yall dc vs marvel shyt, but if yall gonna call one out about bullshyt, do the same for the other....'BUCKY?!?!? what did he tell you?!?!?!?' lol...

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
One thing that has made me :ohhh:about BP was the fact that the mantle isn't tied to the crown. He says it's passed from "warrior to warrior" At the very least, in the Hudlin/Romita run - it was the title given to the chief. The way they flipped it here makes the role of Black Panther seem like a National Superhero, instead of ceremonial title given to the head of state.

So T'challa was Black Panther who happened to become king ("And now I am both :birdman:"). Could set up some interesting conflicts in his solo joint. :leon: