Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not reading the thread yet but for those of you that have seen it, Best Superhero Trilogy ever?

:jbhmm:

it's one of the better ones cause all the movies are solid....is it the best?..that all boils down to opinion...to me, it isn't....but that doesn't mean it's not good, cause like I original said: it's one of the better ones....

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Why so much hate tho... :heh: I liked the first cap movie so it really fits that it's a solid trilogy for me...

IT's all subjective, alot of people thought that the TDKR was kinda wack, doesn't mean it isnt a solid trilogy. correct? :troll:
it's not even hate. Yaw nikkas in here feeding pigeons and shooting eagles. The movie was cool and entertaining but it wasn't "great", 3/5 at best. I agree with you that it's "solid" but thats a synonym for average, which is my point. Even with the drop off dark knight trilogy is an above average trilogy.

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
2015-11-25_05_20_29.0.gif

WHEN YOU SAY MY NAME THROW SOME RESPEK' ON IT, PHLEIGHBOI !!

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
But you gave BvS higher than an 8,:patrice: unless it didn't hold up on repeated viewings. :manny: or you meant to give this a 9. :ehh:
I saw Dawn of Justice a third time and I reduced my score to a 7. I still like it but a lot of the problems people pointed out I was able to see clearly. I admit the first two times seeing it my judgment was clouded because I was so hyped to see the trinity.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the reviews I read and watched, a lot of people complained about the villain but I had no problem with him. He actually accomplished his goal, which is more than any other MCU villain can say.

The Avengers were already splintered by the registration and how Zemo knew Capt. would go rogue for Bucky AFTER brainwashing him again? It just random rolls of convenience.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Not the best comic book movie ever, but if it isnt a homerun of a movie :banderas:.

Very hard for me to go see the same movie in the theaters multiple times but godamn imma have to see this afew more times

T'Challa = Black Excellence :blessed:

Spider man and Ant-Man were perfect :mjlol::wow:

Everyone did their fukkin thing :obama:

I thought Zemo was cool af:ld:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is he better show back up in the MCU before his debut solo flick.

I doubt it...just think about the movies coming out before his and whether you think he'll be in it...the 2 i know coming out before his: dr strange? nope....thor? nope...

...what other movies are coming out before his?...gotg 2? if so, nope....spidey? if so, nope.....ant-man 2? he could possibly be in that....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
no they weren't...name a big moment from the comic that was in the film?...there was no death, no thor clone, vision didn't sabotage iron man's armor, spidey wasn't double crossed/hell no one was double crossed to the level spidey was in the comic, etc....

as for the spilt: they hadn't split at that point...the initiative was just introduced to them and most of them were thinking about it...it wasn't until bucky got accused of the bombing and capt's feelings towards him, that split the team...

Iron Man vs Cap, the big team battle, a superhero taking out another, a mission failure with a Villain blowing himself up, the initiative coming into effect, Stark getting scolded by a grieving mother, Stark going to the superhero prison and being called out, Iron Man's team ambushing Caps, a hero unmasking etc. They were there but just adapted to fit the current MCU timeline and characters.

Black Widows tells Captain America during the church scene (which is before Bucky shows up in the present) that she, Stark, Vision and Rhodes are all on board for The Accords and have signed. She then tells him to come with her to the official signing and to reconsider but he says no that he can't sign up for it.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
This way of comparing these series doesn't work, IMO. I can easily switch things around to Cap's side by doing this:

Winter Soldier>Batman Begins
First Avenger<Dark Knight
Civil War>Dark Knight Rises

You have to compare the each series as a whole. That being said, I agree that the Dark Knight series is above this one (just barely, though), mainly because The Dark Knight is such a great movie.
True, each trilogy has one weak film (TDKR and First Avenger) and if someone asked me which one I'd rather rewatch I'd have to really think about it.