Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
It's also a strategic move by Marvel to get people to see the Black Panther movie. He's a fan favorite of the comic book fans, but he's not that popular to the general audience. Civil War did a good job introducing the character, now we have to wait two years before the solo flick. So they will have to really push the BP movie with cameos from other characters for the general audience to see the film.

All I know is he better show back up in the MCU before his debut solo flick.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the big moments in the comic were in the film.

They split before Bucky even showed up in the present, the scene with Black Widow and Captain America in the church even explicitly tells you that.

no they weren't...name a big moment from the comic that was in the film?...there was no hero death splitting the community, no thor clone, vision didn't sabotage iron man's armor, spidey wasn't double crossed/hell no one was double crossed to the level spidey was in the comic, etc....

as for the spilt: they hadn't split at that point...the initiative was just introduced to them and most of them were thinking about it...it wasn't until bucky got accused of the bombing and capt's feelings towards him, that split the team...

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Now that you reminded me of that scene. fukk Marvel for making "so was I" in the trailer seem so sad when Tony said it in the most angry way possible.

This, so much this. The trailer made it look like Tony was sad when he said that but he was definitely angry when he said.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I will speak at length regarding my feelings on Black Panther later.

But for now all I'll say is Tony Stark had every right to snatch Bucky's soul from his body and F-U-C-K Steve for thinking he has any moral high ground to stop him. "But he's my friend":wtf: fukk outta here.

The movie did a great job getting to that point and RDJ completely sold that scene.
Well, its quite obvious since Bucky was being mind controlled Cap wasnt just going to allow Tony to Kill him?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like that scene in the trailer where Tony was like "you just started a war!"

Realized that line was never uttered in the entire film.

also "sometimes i just wanna punch you in your perfect teeth"

the line remained intact, but it was delivered much differently and with much less gravitas than it was in the trailer.

but if they had used that take in the trailer as opposed to the one they used, it wouldn't have packed the same punch. so i'm cool with them re-shooting certain scenes and tailoring them just for the trailer for greater dramatic effect.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
some of the line deliveries were different in the final cut, which means they specifically shot moments differently just for the trailer.

Yes, the Russo's have said they do many scenes doing multiple takes of the scenes. I actually liked some of the action scenes from the trailers and tv spots better then the movie version.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just seen it and I enjoyed it.

Black Panther :banderas:

Spider-Man :banderas:I was against Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic universe and the whole teenager bs but he nailed it! Aunt May:takedat:. I don't like white women but she can get it!

Baron Zemo :scust:. He's in my top 5 comic villains and they fukked him up! fukk you Marvel for ruining another villain :pacspit:

Sharon Carter :takedat:. Not into white women but she can get it

Jokes kept to a minimum :obama:

I rate this 8/10

Much better than Dawn of Justice which I loved.

Marvel did it again!

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
tumblr_o3vlp3uaML1u4aex3o1_500.gif

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

WE OUTCHEA'
:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

8.5/10

BP, Spidey, Ant - New Goat Avengers flow

Robert DowGOAT Junior BASED LAWD:whoo::whoo:

:pacspit: - Rhoadie with the jobber status

NEW FOUND RESPEK' for SAM WILSON, I would want him as FULL CAP in MCU Phase 4

THE BIGGEST L goes to

STEVER RODGERS :trash:

:camby::camby::camby::camby::camby:

GET HIM ATTA HERE, in his own MOVIE

Nolan Trill over CAP trill all day

IMAX FLEX with the KEY SURROUND had webbings flying past my earholes:whew::whew:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just seen it and I enjoyed it.

Black Panther :banderas:

Spider-Man :banderas:I was against Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic universe and the whole teenager bs but he nailed it! Aunt May:takedat:. I don't like white women but she can get it!

Baron Zemo :scust:. He's in my top 5 comic villains and they fukked him up! fukk you Marvel for ruining another villain :pacspit:

Sharon Carter :takedat:. Not into white women but she can get it

Jokes kept to a minimum :obama:

I rate this 8/10

Much better than Dawn of Justice which I loved.

Marvel did it again!

But you gave BvS higher than an 8,:patrice: unless it didn't hold up on repeated viewings. :manny: or you meant to give this a 9. :ehh: