Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel's Black Panther 2018 = C.A.C.S. IN WAKANDA
bucky-barnes-and-captain-america-bucky-barnes-winter-soldier-31049254-500-280.gif
bffs.jpg
:francis:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
pros:

- was entertained the whole way through, my attention was always held. some boring subplots that the film could have done without but i was never taken out of the movie too long.

- iron man. out of all the characters i feel he came off the best. once again RDJ gives a godly performance and more often than not the scenes with him in it were the best. although i will admit his sarcasm and wit can be inappropriate at times.

- the airport fight was pretty great, really had a good time watching that. not the greatest action scene in history (it was lacking the stakes)... but in terms of pure fun it delivered. ant-man fukking around with iron man from inside his suit was lols.

- there was about 20 seconds of black widow kicking ass early in the film that blew my fukking mind, and if that's what they have in store for that character then absolutely sign me up for a solo movie. after seeing that i'm convinced she could beat ANYONE'S ass!

cons:

- the biggest con of all for me was captain america. not saying chris evans is a bad cap, but this movie confirmed for me that he definitely isn't a GREAT cap. for one he simply cannot measure up to RDJ who outshines him in every scene together. second, i don't think the movie did a good enough of job of selling me on his position. usually i expect cap to always take the moral high ground, but here i feel he came off stubborn at times. dare i say this movie was close to being anti-cap, which felt weird. he even partakes in a 2 on 1 beatdown as if he were a heel.

- spiderman. i hate to say it, and i know everyone's gonna neg me... but he felt really tacked on. maybe as an entry in the larger marvel universe this movie succeeds in introducing new characters and setting them up for future installments, but as a standalone movie the inclusion of these characters only waters down the story and blurs the focus. it was at this point where the studio said "hey guys this is a toy commercial first, movie second"... and that bummed me out just a little. (although if i were 5 years old, i'm sure i would be in heaven).

- winter soldier. get this guy the fukk outta here already. he's boring, he doesn't look cool and there's just nothing to him. i can't believe they devoted so much time to him. also cap's devotion to him is jarring. please, stay frozen.

3.5 / 5

Spoiler your obvious shyt dog!

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
you're right about the comic, but this was nothing like the comic....adding civil war to the title adds hype, but this is far from an adaption of that comic...say that cause unlike the comic, the initiative wasn't the driving force that split them up...

It pretty much followed the main beats of the comic with some parts merged together and occurring earlier like the big battle.

Stark, Vision, Black Widow and Rhodes all split because of the initiative/accords which was why Captain America and Falcon were on their own:wtf:.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Glad cap didn't die. He's the perfect actor for cap and we NEED him for infinity wars!!(Maybe even in BP since IM is in Spidey and Hulk is in Thor :wow:)

Why you posting spoilers for other movies? This is a Civil War spoiler thread. Not every MCU movie spoiler thread.

My main problem was Zemo, or rather his plan. His motivations were good, but his plan to break up the Avengers relies quite a bit on chance, or him just being able to predict the future. I mean, what was he gonna do if Iron Man didn't follow Bucky and Cap, or didn't rage when he found out Bucky killed his mom and dad?

He did say he studied them for an entire year. He made sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs and he made sure that the maid found that doc's body at just the right time. Obviously, there was some chance involved but I think he deserves more credit than some are giving him.

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I saw enough of this Spiderman to say it's better than Garfield's (the character itself) but what they undeniably got right was the physicality. I don't think I've seen the strength and movement of this Spiderman displayed accurately until now.

In relation to the plot, I kind of felt his character was kinda just tacked on. Though I didn't mind it because it was nice to finally see him in this universe.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It pretty much followed the main beats of the comic with some parts merged together and occurring earlier like the big battle.

Stark, Vision, Black Widow and Rhodes all split because of the initiative/accords which was why Captain America and Falcon were on their own:wtf:.

naw, it didn't....the driving force in the comic was the initiative...the driving force in this movie was capt's feelings for bucky...everyone wanted to catch bucky, but capt wanted to help him, while others wanted to kill him, which was the splitting force....also, even the teams were decided not on what they thought of the initiative, but more so on who you were cool with....falcon & hawkeye were gonna ride with capt no matter what....the same goes for war machine and vision riding with stark no matter what...and it trickled down from there like ant-man being cool with falcon, so he rode with him; iron man 'finding' spidey, so he rode with him; hawkeye being a father like figure for scarlet, so she rode with; and so on...what side they fell on in regards to the initiative was an afterthought and a coincidence....

which I understand cause they already have shyt planned for the future that we the fans know about, so they couldn't go all out like the comic and really fracture the team like the comic....hell, they especially couldn't have tony be the a$$hole he was in the comic since he's the center of the mcu...

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cap 1 is lacking, but it's probably pound for pound the best trilogy, yes. They also have done a good job with the Cap movies by making sure heroes that aren't TOO strong are in it so that it becomes somewhat grounded by reality. Anything going forward with Dr. Strange and Fantastic 4 will break that mold soon though
Interesting :jbhmm:
No, that still belong to Nolan.

Batman Begins > The First Avenger
The Dark Knight > Winter Soldier
The Dark Knight Rises < Civil War

Hmm...
Better than the Blade and Iron Man Trilogies....

Nolan
:whoa:

I hated IM2 :francis: and Blade Trinity was :chrissy:

Another question, are any of the fight scenes better than Capt. America v. Winter Soldier, that I claimed (shameless plug) was the last great fight scene? :jbhmm: :jbhmm: