Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Understandably. He's from New Orleans. It's that southern humor.

LOL but dude is just as funny in real life. He was cracking jokes left and right at the Comic Con I went to in New Orleans this Jan.

I like DC's gritty take on the superhero world, but I think it'll serve them well to have at least Flash or Green Lantern (when/if he debuts) provide some comic banter in the JL movies.

Nothings wrong with banter here and there but some scenes marvel goes overboard with the quips they try to fit in ..

i love DC's take on their universe, it gives the comic genre a whole lotta range and differenciates and gives the fans variety, I dont doubt that Flash & Hal will have jokes but it wont be on the level of Avengers cringeworthy levels, maybe Winter Soldier levels

Daps
Reppin
NYC
pros:

- was entertained the whole way through, my attention was always held. some boring subplots that the film could have done without but i was never taken out of the movie too long.

- iron man. out of all the characters i feel he came off the best. once again RDJ gives a godly performance and more often than not the scenes with him in it were the best. although i will admit his sarcasm and wit can be inappropriate at times.

- the airport fight was pretty great, really had a good time watching that. not the greatest action scene in history (it was lacking the stakes)... but in terms of pure fun it delivered. ant-man fukking around with iron man from inside his suit was lols.

- there was about 20 seconds of black widow kicking ass early in the film that blew my fukking mind, and if that's what they have in store for that character then absolutely sign me up for a solo movie. after seeing that i'm convinced she could beat ANYONE'S ass!

cons:

- the biggest con of all for me was captain america. not saying chris evans is a bad cap, but this movie confirmed for me that he definitely isn't a GREAT cap. for one he simply cannot measure up to RDJ who outshines him in every scene together. second, i don't think the movie did a good enough of job of selling me on his position. usually i expect cap to always take the moral high ground, but here i feel he came off stubborn at times. dare i say this movie was close to being anti-cap, which felt weird. he even partakes in a 2 on 1 beatdown as if he were a heel.

- spiderman. i hate to say it, and i know everyone's gonna neg me... but he felt really tacked on. maybe as an entry in the larger marvel universe this movie succeeds in introducing new characters and setting them up for future installments, but as a standalone movie the inclusion of these characters only waters down the story and blurs the focus. it was at this point where the studio said "hey guys this is a toy commercial first, movie second"... and that bummed me out just a little. (although if i were 5 years old, i'm sure i would be in heaven).

- winter soldier. get this guy the fukk outta here already. he's boring, he doesn't look cool and there's just nothing to him. i can't believe they devoted so much time to him. also cap's devotion to him is jarring. please, stay frozen.

3.5 / 5

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Zemo pretty much had the same motivation as Loki in Avengers, which was to turn them against each other. It's a credit to Marvel that they are doing such a great job with the heros that the horrible villains have not taken too much away from these movies.

One point that Marvel does not get enough credit for is their de-aging technology. Young Tony Stark and Young Hank Pim in Antman was amazing. Seems like by the time RDJ is ready to retire, they would have mastered the technology where they probably wouldn't need the real him to play Tony Stark in these movies...

his motivation was revenge, blaming the avengers for killing his fam....which again is a cop out from a villain side point...he wasn't doing bad shyt cause he wanted to, it was cause he was wronged....hell, he even though hydra deserved to be fukked up which is just , smh....zemo was a complete waste in this film...he was just used as a pawn to keep the heroes from looking 'bad' while fighting each other.....

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else thought it was cool how Iron Man and Cap went against their initial ideals at the end? Iron Man didn't allow his personal desires to be placed in check and let his emotions dictate his actions when he attacked Bucky. Cap realized Bucky's power had to be placed in check when he put him in that freezing chamber.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They weren't even trying to kill each other in the comic:dead:, they were trying to arrest them like in the movie.

Watch the ones saying they should have say they read the comic :pachaha:

you're right about the comic, but this was nothing like the comic....adding civil war to the title adds hype, but this is far from an adaption of that comic...say that cause unlike the comic, the initiative wasn't the driving force that split them up...

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Someone brought a good point up on Twitter. Team Cap is right because of agendas. What if the U.N. sent the avengers to a dictatorship to fight the rebels and defend the dictator?

That's the problem with the accords tbh.
[\SPOILER]

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing: if you read the comic, don't go in thinking this will be like the comic....besides the name, this movie barely does anything like the comic, including the initiative...

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Robert killed it in the flick as well. We get used to him killing it so he's not getting his due praise.

His emotion really sold the whole movie. If it wasn't for him there would be no conflict. You could feel dudes pain. That's why I never questioned why he didn't just let Bucky go. Iron man was amazing

Best acting performance of any of these movies by far.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robert killed it in the flick as well. We get used to him killing it so he's not getting his due praise.

His emotion really sold the whole movie. If it wasn't for him there would be no conflict. You could feel dudes pain. That's why I never questioned why he didn't just let Bucky go. Iron man was amazing

Probably his best performance in a Marvel movie. Just the look on his face when he was watching the surveillance video :mjcry:The whole movie I thought Tony was being an a$$hole but that moment right there, even knowing that it wasn't really Bucky's fault, had me like, "nah Iron Man, KILL THAT NYGGA HE MURKED YOUR PARENTS!" :damn:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he did kill it, but I don't think he's not getting his due praise....he gets that every time people go see these marvel movies...I say that cause to me this whole universe is built on his performances from the first 2 films...while iron man is known, he's more a b-list character, so marvel went with a-list talent, and he delivered...so much so that he was used to follow up marvel's mis-step with an a-list character, the hulk...people forget the hulk movie was the second movie in the universe...they tend to think it was 3rd or just conveniently 'forget' it exists when talking about the marvel universe...naw, it exist....and while I enjoyed it, it seems the masses didn't, so marvel used rdj to help sweep that under the rug/clean it up so to speak with iron man 2....