Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Saw it last night, its a solid 9.5. Its a little slow after I would say the first 20minutes of the movie...a lot of dialogue(which I didn't mind I was real into it), but it was essential to moving the plot forward. But black panther/spiderman and ant man stole the show. Spidey n panther are fukking PERFECT, and the two post credit scenes we get are a little glimpse into what we gonna see in their solo movies.

I for one loved zemos character

I like how he says "stronger men than me have tried to beat the avengers and failed so I knew I had to sabotage them from inside and make them fight each other" and also how he kinda insinuated in the end there was more to the plan and I took it as hydra returning. He was a great character and had some great scenes particularly the bathtub scene, and at the end when BP caught up to him. I guess ppl wanted the purple helmet but I won't be surprised if we see it down the line

EDIT: I posted this in the uppded thread but i figured i post this here also. But yea some gripes with what some of you are saying in here about zemo so i wanted to adress it.

-Lokis plan was nothing like zemo. Loki made a deal with thanos to be king of earth and in return thanos would get the cosmic cube,.all he was trying to do was open the portal to bring the chitiari to earth so they can invade. He simply just used hulk against them so i really dont see the Baron Zemo/Loki comparisons
-Zemos planned worked, he completely fractured the avengers aliiance. Going into the infinity wars, the team is still gonna be split and torn, loki accomplished none of that, he just used banner/hulk to his advantage
-Seems like we gonna get more of Zemo, idk in which future movie or who knows maybe just Agents of shield, but he clearly insinuated to the return of HYDRA so who know what we gonna see

As far as my personal ranking for it in the Mcu, these are my top 5

1. Guardians (best soundtrack ever,hard to top)
2. Civil War
3. TWS
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man 1

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i love how on the internet every movie discussion is broken down to plot elements and motivations, yet if you talk to your friends about a movie you're like "that one scene was fukkin cool as hell!" "Yo! remember when dude said this?! shyt was funny!"

everyone's a fukkin film major online. I do it too, I'm calling myself out along with everyone else. the internet made me this way.

that's nothing to be shameful about. it means you're looking at the movie through a different lens and have higher standards to meet.

the "oh wow that was cool" people don't understand film the same way we do. we might not be film majors or film experts but i bet most of us have watched wayyyy more movies than the average joe and learned what makes them work and what doesn't.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So the avengers are bad because people die when they save the world
Reminds me of all the people shytting on Man of Steel
I wanted Cap to basically say well we could do nothing and everyone would die how about that

No shame for stuffing Iron Man in this movie as much as possible. I like the ending fight but bruh Tony if Wanda can forgive you for your weapon selling ish that got her parents killed than I think you can forgive Bucky for his work that killed your parents.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The Avengers were already splintered by the registration act.

The whole friendly Civil War was entertaining, action - wise, but pointless as a plot. Zemo feeling some kind of way could of sent Stark the video and let the dominos fall. Plus it didn't set up anything at all. The movie ended pretty much the was get started with Capt. and hIs crew back (but now fugitives) and Stark on his own working with the government with his people's.
Um, how did the movie end the way it started? There were no secret underground avengers before the movie, now there is. That's a huge difference from the movie beginning with The Avengers being an out in the open group with nearly unlimited support from billionaire Tony Stark.

You can say you didn't like the being but it doesn't make sense to say it was pointless or didn't set anything up.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
In the reviews I read and watched, a lot of people complained about the villain but I had no problem with him. He actually accomplished his goal, which is more than any other MCU villain can say.
Yeah, I had no problem with him either. He had the same gripes with the Avengers that the rest of the world did (they killed innocent civilians), and rather than try to control them like the UN did, he wanted to destroy them. The movie ends with the Avengers fractured and hurt, a lot of that is due to Zemo's actions.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
In the reviews I read and watched, a lot of people complained about the villain but I had no problem with him. He actually accomplished his goal, which is more than any other MCU villain can say.

He's supposed to be Baron Zemo right?
They did him no favors in this movie
Such a waste of a good actor but then again Tony and Cap's clashing ideologies coming down to him manipulating them is kinda similar to BvS

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like how streamlined the plot for this movie was. Not a ton of exposition(by Marvel standards at least) Really enjoyable movie. Very excited about the Russo Brothers take on The Avengers.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe its because I'm not familiar with the comic book character but I thought Zemo was a GREAT villain and a great subversion of the typical "I'm gonna destroy the world" type. What he said about how an empire can be rebuilt if its destroyed by another but would be destroyed if it crumbled from within basically summed up his whole plan. Throughout the whole movie I expected Cap and Iron Man to eventually team up against the Winter Soldiers but the twist at the end and learning that Zemo merely used those as Red Herrings and ultimately just wanted to turn Iron Man and Cap against each other was brilliant. Then having the one thing that defeats him being Black Panther's willingness to NOT give in to vengeance was brilliant. That was easily the most emotionally complex ending to a Marvel movie.