Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Also, did I miss a scene but HOW DID the rest of TEAM CAPT get caught after the airport fight??? :patrice:

I thought it was obvious. After Cap and Bucky managed to escape, the rest were outnumbered and probably even unwilling to continue to struggle. They knew Cap would come back to break them out of jail anyway, so they played their part.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Not reading the thread yet but for those of you that have seen it, Best Superhero Trilogy ever?

:jbhmm:

Cap 1 is lacking, but it's probably pound for pound the best trilogy, yes. They also have done a good job with the Cap movies by making sure heroes that aren't TOO strong are in it so that it becomes somewhat grounded by reality. Anything going forward with Dr. Strange and Fantastic 4 will break that mold soon though

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i love how on the internet every movie discussion is broken down to plot elements and motivations, yet if you talk to your friends about a movie you're like "that one scene was fukkin cool as hell!" "Yo! remember when dude said this?! shyt was funny!"

everyone's a fukkin film major online. I do it too, I'm calling myself out along with everyone else. the internet made me this way. there are probably 100 movies i like from the past that i can barely give a synopsis on b/c i don't give a fukk about the story. what the hell is the plot of Anchorman? idon't even remember. Ron Burgundy being anti-female newscaster? who fukkin cares, no one ever talks about that.

BvS had one or 2 really cool scenes, and cringeworthy lines. this one had a bunch of cool scenes, and some funny lines(few cornball lines too.) That is ultimately what I'll take away. I don't really give half a fukk about Zemo's motivations deep down.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Thank you. Not sure why ppl wanted to see them hurt each other here. People forget(or haven't read the comic arc) that Civil War pit heroes AND villians against each other, so of course they'd try to take off each other's heads there.

Them nikkaz idiots.

They couldn't tell they wasn't going for blood when Tony and Rhodey was using sound waves instead of tha guns in their armor. nikkaz retarded.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The jokes were absolutely perfect:
Tony Stark: "I'm wearing a 3-piece Tom Ford, I'll get my other suit"
"FedEx Guy" - "Mr. Stank"
Captain America riding a VW
Bucky: "Can you move your seat up?"
Falcon: "No"
[Bucky moves over to the other side of the backseat]
Ant-Man: "I'm ready Arrow Guy!"

Spiderman: "Remember that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?"
War Machine: "Where'd you find this guy?"
Iron Man: "He's like youngish, young guy"
Spiderman: "And they were like on that snow planet and they wrapped the legs of those walker things?"
Iron Man: "The kid may have a point"

The nod of approval by Falcon and Bucky after Cap and Sharon kissed:
tumblr_inline_nczbgvIlBo1qk1op9.gif

Props to Sebastian Stan being able to turn off the WS and Bucky pretty convincingly.

I really like how they demonstrated Black Panther can still give WS and CA the work in and out of the suit if need be, we haven't had this strong of a Black live-action comic hero since Blade imho. The personalities of the heroes have really meshed well together into an organic chemistry (no Hydra) which made the split much more believable as it was built up since the Avengers.

In spite of all the characters thrown into the film, it felt natural and still and really about Cap's story which is he will not compromise in the face of overwhelming odds.

Definitely one of the stronger showings of the Marvel Franchise and will probably age fairly well.

Once Spiderman gets used to his powers :demonic:.