Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Nikka calm your stanning ass down :mjlol:

It's not out of the question that there would be deaths.
breh if u just spoiled a part of the movie for me im gonna neg u and get u fukking banned for being a piece of shyt and imma put u on ignore til i see it just to make sure u dont spoil anymore.....and you're talking bout heroes vs heroes u dumbass :what: they not trying to kill each other because neither side is trying to destroy the world or some shyt....why u really expected to see heroes murdering other heroes is beyond me and quite possibly the dumbest shyt ever to think going into a comic book flick

Last edited by a moderator:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Thats what I been saying too... to the cats that keep whining about "consequences" or mad that someone aint die. Why the fukk does someone have to die and what purpose does that serve if you're trying to build a universe? I'm still mad they killed buddy in AoU and hope somehow he's revived down the line.

I'm not mad at Rhodey getting fukked up cuz lets be real, in war there are always gonna be some injuries...... but again with the death thing.... if they are not currently dead in the cartoons or comics or have NEVER died in any medium, why kill them on the big screen just because?

If cats want characters to die so bad, I'd rather then Marvel just start creating random never been in comics characters for the movies, build them up and make them take the sacrificial bullet down the line.... but dont kill someone that dont need to be killed.... shyt is stupid.... villains included

dawg shut up and take marvels dikk out your mouth... they took a story called civil war and that shyt was some domestic dispute foh..

nikkas died in the comis, fukk a contract, black widow somehow survives EVERY fight against powerhouses now :dahell:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ok on some real shyt WHY IN THE fukk WOULD U EVEN ASK THIS? :mindblown: they are HEROES! they dont even try to kill their villains so why the fukk would they kill each other :what: even if u havent read the comic (which clearly u havent) u should know this. This aint BvS where they completely throw heroism out the fukking window and change characters completely from their comic counterpart :francis: u should just peep the bootleg cuz i can already tell this not "dark" enough for u :aicmon:

Well said. :deadrose::dead: @ the bold! If only your fighting game "knowledge" was this poignant. :lolbron:

Cats that ask those sort of questions tho and some other comments in why they may slight some of these movies is just why I can't take some folks commentary with any serious weight to it. While there are some comic book characters that kill, the majority that are acclaimed as 'Superheroes' generally don't. And why some folks figure that they need to be on that tip are pretty much missing the point.

Tho by all rights, Bats should have killed the Joker by now.:pachaha:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Spidey looked and sounded as if he was 5 yrs old ..cute. the cartoonish tone was down to a t.

Yeah, his reference to another big franchise film was perfect. I'd never thought I'd say this, but I like his spin (pun intended) more than Garfield or Macguire.

I will save most of my detailed comments for the spoiler thread, but this thing was pure fire, solid B+. Black Panther was perfect and a worthy addition to the MCU, I couldn't be happier with his role in the film, he is what Storm should have been in the X-Men series, strong and powerful and not a gimmick.

Cap is a monster, that is all I have to say and he gave suckas the work, big time.

Will be seeing again before Memorial Day!

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not reading the thread yet but for those of you that have seen it, Best Superhero Trilogy ever?

:jbhmm:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
tumblr_mlru9m7HoA1s8uospo9_500_zpsfaham0qv.gif
Top Notch Stuff
Mr. Stank :troll:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Saw it last night, its a solid 9.5. Its a little slow after I would say the first 20minutes of the movie...a lot of dialogue(which I didn't mind I was real into it), but it was essential to moving the plot forward. But black panther/spiderman and ant man stole the show. Spidey n panther are fukking PERFECT, and the two post credit scenes we get are a little glimpse into what we gonna see in their solo movies.

I for one loved zemos character

I like how he says "stronger men than me have tried to beat the avengers and failed so I knew I had to sabotage them from inside and make them fight each other" and also how he kinda insinuated in the end there was more to the plan and I took it as hydra returning. He was a great character and had some great scenes particularly the bathtub scene, and at the end when BP caught up to him. I guess ppl wanted the purple helmet but I won't be surprised if we see it down the line

As far as my personal ranking for it in the Mcu, these are my top 5

1. Guardians (best soundtrack ever,hard to top)
2. Civil War
3. TWS
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man 1

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I liked that they weren't trying to kill each other at the airport:yeshrug:. They were friends and co-workers with ideological differences and they wanted to stop the other side from destroying everything they have built together. It fit their characters, made sense in the context of the story, and didn't take away from the personal drama between Bucky, T'Challa, Tony, and Steve. It was the perfect mix of drama and levity. I guess some people need someone to get murdered for it to be "real" or have stakes. Lost friendships and characters at crossroads with their ethos are high enough stakes for super hero films, imo. shyt like Steve dropping his shield at Tony's feet works far more than someone dying and having a long drawn out funeral, when everyone knows heroes don't stay dead.

And tbh, what Tony saw on that screen, with Bucky right there was far "darker" than most of the things I've seen in a comic book movie. shyt was visceral, and RDJ acted his ass off to bring that home. When the Winter Solider started bashing Howard's face in:bryan:. When he went over to Tony's mom:damn:. I left the movie even more undecided on who was right and who was wrong. I sympathized to an extent with everyone's side, even Zemo, and in the end I thought it was cool having the movie end without a clear bad guy or malevolent character. One of my fav small moments was when Rhody, even paralyzed, affirms his decision to sign the accords. I appreciated that character moment and that the film wasn't interested in saying one side was clearly right, or that the paralyzed guy would realize the error of his ways and regret what they did. Each of these characters come out feeling like stronger characters, with clearer motivations going forward, and interesting relationship dynamics with various characters.

I was pleasantly surprised at the restraint that was shown in the last act. Most Marvel Movies all end in big booms and bangs, but the more intimate, personal finale is why I think this has the best ending of any MCU movie.

I thought some of the shaky cam and editing was a little weak. Some of the CGI was funky looking. The movie could have worked, and been tighter without Zemo, but I did like how Zemo was important in completing T'Challa's arc. I'm growing increasingly more and more disappointed at the lack of memorable scores from these films. I don't remember one bit of the music from the entire movie. How much better would these films be if they had a memorable score like Terminator or Star Wars or Batman does.

Overall I'm feeling a strong 8.5 or 9/10 or a full price on the double toasted scale. Def one of the best comic book movies I have seen. Too early to definitively say where it places at the top, specifically.

They weren't even trying to kill each other in the comic:dead:, they were trying to arrest them like in the movie.

Watch the ones saying they should have say they read the comic :pachaha:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
when he said the quote bout the cats i burst out laughing like damn this nikka got jokes now looooooooool
Understandably. He's from New Orleans. It's that southern humor.

LOL but dude is just as funny in real life. He was cracking jokes left and right at the Comic Con I went to in New Orleans this Jan.

I like DC's gritty take on the superhero world, but I think it'll serve them well to have at least Flash or Green Lantern (when/if he debuts) provide some comic banter in the JL movies.