Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I liked that they weren't trying to kill each other at the airport:yeshrug:. They were friends and co-workers with ideological differences and they wanted to stop the other side from destroying everything they have built together. It fit their characters, made sense in the context of the story, and didn't take away from the personal drama between Bucky, T'Challa, Tony, and Steve. It was the perfect mix of drama and levity. I guess some people need someone to get murdered for it to be "real" or have stakes. Lost friendships and characters at crossroads with their ethos are high enough stakes for super hero films, imo. shyt like Steve dropping his shield at Tony's feet works far more than someone dying and having a long drawn out funeral, when everyone knows heroes don't stay dead.

And tbh, what Tony saw on that screen, with Bucky right there was far "darker" than most of the things I've seen in a comic book movie. shyt was visceral, and RDJ acted his ass off to bring that home. When the Winter Solider started bashing Howard's face in:bryan:. When he went over to Tony's mom:damn:. I left the movie even more undecided on who was right and who was wrong. I sympathized to an extent with everyone's side, even Zemo, and in the end I thought it was cool having the movie end without a clear bad guy or malevolent character. One of my fav small moments was when Rhody, even paralyzed, affirms his decision to sign the accords. I appreciated that character moment and that the film wasn't interested in saying one side was clearly right, or that the paralyzed guy would realize the error of his ways and regret what they did. Each of these characters come out feeling like stronger characters, with clearer motivations going forward, and interesting relationship dynamics with various characters.

I was pleasantly surprised at the restraint that was shown in the last act. Most Marvel Movies all end in big booms and bangs, but the more intimate, personal finale is why I think this has the best ending of any MCU movie.

I thought some of the shaky cam and editing was a little weak. Some of the CGI was funky looking. The movie could have worked, and been tighter without Zemo, but I did like how Zemo was important in completing T'Challa's arc. I'm growing increasingly more and more disappointed at the lack of memorable scores from these films. I don't remember one bit of the music from the entire movie. How much better would these films be if they had a memorable score like Terminator or Star Wars or Batman does.

Overall I'm feeling a strong 8.5 or 9/10 or a full price on the double toasted scale. Def one of the best comic book movies I have seen. Too early to definitively say where it places at the top, specifically.
If they weren't trying to kill each other is it really a war? I haven't seen it yet

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
This was one of my biggest questions.

Are they trying to kill each other during the fight ?
ok on some real shyt WHY IN THE fukk WOULD U EVEN ASK THIS? :mindblown: they are HEROES! they dont even try to kill their villains so why the fukk would they kill each other :what: even if u havent read the comic (which clearly u havent) u should know this. This aint BvS where they completely throw heroism out the fukking window and change characters completely from their comic counterpart :francis: u should just peep the bootleg cuz i can already tell this not "dark" enough for u :aicmon:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iron Man has been "following" cap since he doesn't want general ross to get involved.

His plan was to "break" the avengers from the inside; to create discord, dysfunction beyond repair. At the very least he knew that Tony was going to at least try to turn bucky in after seeing him murdering his parents; and considering what we've seen before when it comes to cap, cap isn't just going to let that happen, which creates an even bigger divide between the two "heads" of the avengers on top of all their other differences.

I think them brawling to the death was just an added benefit for him.:yeshrug:

The Avengers were already splintered by the registration act.

The whole friendly Civil War was entertaining, action - wise, but pointless as a plot. Zemo feeling some kind of way could of sent Stark the video and let the dominos fall. Plus it didn't set up anything at all. The movie ended pretty much the was get started with Capt. and hIs crew back (but now fugitives) and Stark on his own working with the government with his people's.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
ok on some real shyt WHY IN THE fukk WOULD U EVEN ASK THIS? :mindblown: they are HEROES! they dont even try to kill their villains so why the fukk would they kill each other :what: even if u havent read the comic (which clearly u havent) u should know this. This aint BvS where they completely throw heroism out the fukking window and change characters completely from their comic counterpart :francis: u should just peep the bootleg cuz i can already tell this not "dark" enough for u :aicmon:
Nikka calm your stanning ass down :mjlol:

WS killed Starks parents right? BP family got killed right?
The film is called Civil war. :dwillhuh:

It's not out of the question that there would be deaths.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
And the Heros in the MCU have killed plenty of their villains:what:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, did I miss a scene but HOW DID the rest of TEAM CAPT get caught after the airport fight??? :patrice:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The CGi on panther was whack???
Come on now breh
the CGI on him was arguably the best in the film. His suit and SE was top notch. Hard to tell cg from real almost

Now I'll admit the effects on spiderman in some shots was kinda cartoony looking. The scene where he's holding the shield talking to Tony he looked like a ps2 video game cut scene
:mjlol:
And when he caught buckeys punch he looked unfinished
Nah I didn't like the cgi on Black Panthers suit while he was running and in action. Looked super fake at some points.

Yeah spiderman looked pretty awful IMO. The costume is so fake looking

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
...but how did ZEMO EVEN KNEW STARK WAS GOING TO SHOW UP TO THE SPOT??????? I mean how'd he knew ANY OF THEM was going to show? That's one convenient lucky guess.
THAT Is the biggest thing I was like "Boy this is the type of shyt they were KILLING BvS for in that thread." Guarantee they'll cop pleas for this though. And I don't even mind the nitpicks, I just hate the double standards I saw from Marvel fans (that I'm sure we'll see from DC fans too). It's annoying.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Avengers were already splintered by the registration act.

The whole friendly Civil War was entertaining, action - wise, but pointless as a plot. Zemo feeling some kind of way could of sent Stark the video and let the dominos fall. Plus it didn't set up anything at all. The movie ended pretty much the was get started with Capt. and hIs crew back (but now fugitives) and Stark on his own working with the government with his people's.

There's a difference between being splintered, and basically being irreconcilable. One guy's best friend murdering the other guy's parents creates a huge schism beyond the registration act. This is what Zemo wants, for revenge of his family dying he wants to tear them apart.

Also, up until that reveal Tony was willing to believe that Cap was right regarding Bucky, but nah. The true plot was essentially Tony and Cap relationship, and the progression/disintegration of that.:yeshrug:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Dude had some of the best quips "Who the hell is that guy" "Everybody has got a gimmick now" "so you got a thing for cats or something" "I hate you" stick out. When he and winter soldier were in the car cracked me up too

when he said the quote bout the cats i burst out laughing like damn this nikka got jokes now looooooooool