Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don't think he did....I think that was his hero moment
Exactly

It was self-explanatory. Rage and revenge was consuming
Tony, T'challa, and Zemo
if not all of them. Revenge was tearing them up inside...

And
Zemo wanted to die so BP killing him wasn't going to be the punishment he deserved. T'challa saved him so he could continue doing what he didn't want to do and that live. There was no point in killing Zemo for his revenge but letting him sit in a box for X amount of years (or the rest of his life) while being totured by a nerd sounded like a worse fate than death for Zemo

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Naw it wasn't. It wouldn't have fitted in the story + Tom Holland had about 3 scenes including his Post Credits teaser
cmon.gif
Knew i shoulda stayed till after all the credits.

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
Yo that was dope. 8.5/10

Pros: A lot so I'll just say my cons

Cons: spiderman intro. I feel like they could've done it better. Felt shallow. No ones asking for the origin story again but I wanted more.

End credits was ass.

The Cgi on spiderman and Black panther/ their costume designs are wack IMO

Other than that I was very satisfied
The CGi on panther was whack???
Come on now breh
the CGI on him was arguably the best in the film. His suit and SE was top notch. Hard to tell cg from real almost

Now I'll admit the effects on spiderman in some shots was kinda cartoony looking. The scene where he's holding the shield talking to Tony he looked like a ps2 video game cut scene
:mjlol:
And when he caught buckeys punch he looked unfinished

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
The CGi on panther was whack???
Come on now breh
the CGI on him was arguably the best in the film. His suit and SE was top notch. Hard to tell cg from real almost

Now I'll admit the effects on spiderman in some shots was kinda cartoony looking. The scene where he's holding the shield talking to Tony he looked like a ps2 video game cut scene
:mjlol:
And when he caught buckeys punch he looked unfinished
Yeah Spiderman looked too cartoony at times, but once he was in action :whoo:. Plus his reaction Giant Man had me :dead:

:russ:
Yeah come on now breh you know what it is. Always stay for after the credits lol
See I did stay till the BP scene, but it was 2 am and i was hella hungry, my mind was on finding a gas station to get food.

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
Man this shyt was overrated, the stan levels are off the charts.

Wasn't complete trash like batman v.s superman, but it was very average.

Main problem with the superhero movies are the villains. Besides Batman, none of these superheroes have any type of compelling villains that can transfer to the big screen. That's why you have to make them fight each other because they have no one interesting who can stand up to their powers blow for blow. After all these marvel movies that have been released, there basically is no story being developed, no character motivations, no character development. Hyrda been popping up in all these movies, but there's no hints to their agenda, no red skull, nothing it's not even an after thought.

The superheros fight each other for no reason, these Russo Brothers get credit for being good writers but they aren't. This movie had zero tension, war machine beat paralyzed was already in the trailer, the airport fight scene had zero tension because you knew nobody was going to die. If you like the heroes on Iron Man's side, they were suppose to easily mopped up captain america and his team. Iron man's armor becomes less durable with every movie to the point where a gust of wind will cause damage to it

Black panther's suit looks like some shyt outta power rangers, I was waiting for this nikka to teleport to the command center or something. He barely had any speaking lines at all, he really didn't do anything. His father being killed was just a rush job, terrible scene terrible transitions. Him not killing the murderer of his father lets me know they will water down the character.

The Spider man shyt was too rushed it made zero sense why Tony would need to recruit spiderman, everything down to his dialogue was just forced they will never get it right, he even looks out of place with the rest of the superheroes.
With the Uncle Ben setup the spider-man character doesn't work. There is a reason why everytime Batman is introduced to a film series they revisit the scene of his parents murder, because it's the catalyst to the character's existence. Spiderman in this is just fan service to the stans who have bad taste.

Zemo was just an after thought, just a weak villain, all of his plans relied on too many events outside of his control to make it even plausible that a person could've masterminded it.

All in all just another entry in this era of hollywood cash grabs with nonsensical plots, anti-climatic third acts, zero character development, and praise from blinded adults channeling their inner child.

There's over 24 hours worth of marvel movies, and very little has happened story wise in this so called Universe.

Came in here to shyt on our Marvel Parade
:camby:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
So Zemo pretty much had the same motivation as Loki in Avengers, which was to turn them against each other. It's a credit to Marvel that they are doing such a great job with the heros that the horrible villains have not taken too much away from these movies.

One point that Marvel does not get enough credit for is their de-aging technology. Young Tony Stark and Young Hank Pim in Antman was amazing. Seems like by the time RDJ is ready to retire, they would have mastered the technology where they probably wouldn't need the real him to play Tony Stark in these movies...

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
i feel the same way. the movie sets up this very earnest conflict and never really delivers on it. in the end they're fighting over something totally different.

and the airport scene, as great as it was, felt like everyone was just trying not to hurt each other.
This was one of my biggest questions.

Are they trying to kill each other during the fight ?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My main problem was Zemo, or rather his plan. His motivations were good, but his plan to break up the Avengers relies quite a bit on chance, or him just being able to predict the future. I mean, what was he gonna do if Iron Man didn't follow Bucky and Cap, or didn't rage when he found out Bucky killed his mom and dad?

Iron Man has been "following" cap since he doesn't want general ross to get involved.

His plan was to "break" the avengers from the inside; to create discord, dysfunction beyond repair. At the very least he knew that Tony was going to at least try to turn bucky in after seeing him murdering his parents; and considering what we've seen before when it comes to cap, cap isn't just going to let that happen, which creates an even bigger divide between the two "heads" of the avengers on top of all their other differences.

I think them brawling to the death was just an added benefit for him.:yeshrug: