Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm disappointed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as The Winter Soldier, and I blame Disney and Hollywood's yellow belly spine which favors marketing feel-good formulaic fairytales that can sell action figures over honest storytelling. Waiting for Marvel to grow a pair. War my ass. There were many good scenes, and it was entertaining but this wasn't war. Too much humor in inappropriate places and too many copouts. I'll review tommorow. The 11 hour marathon kinda fried my brain.

I agree with this, especially at the airport when Widow and Hawkeye were going at it and she stopped him and said "We're still best friends right?!!" - I was like are you fukking serious :comeon:

Honestly I feel Clint's entire involvement in this fukkkery was completely asinine and nonsensical , I would of told Cap to kick rocks I'm with my babies.:stopitslime: Now he a fugitive and his fam I'd at risk

Strick_9

Living the dream...
Daps
Reppin
Oahu
Movie was excellent. Went in on Team Cap but both sides had compelling arugments. It makes you ask yourself how far you're willing to go to back up your ideals...and people you consider true friends.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
Just got back from seeing it. Damn good movie. The Russo's did a great job having all the characters shine. Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther especially. I loved how great Bucky and Cap worked together, too. 8/10.

I agree with this, especially at the airport when Widow and Hawkeye were going at it and she stopped him and said "We're still best friends right?!!" - I was like are you fukking serious :comeon:

Honestly I feel Clint's entire involvement in this fukkkery was completely asinine and nonsensical , I would of told Cap to kick rocks I'm with my babies.:stopitslime: Now he a fugitive and his fam I'd at risk

That moment between Hawkeye and Black Widow was the only "humor in inappropriate place", I felt. I don't see any other humor that takes you out of the movie. Spider-Man and Ant-Man's humor were great, not corny, and fit their characters

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The action was on point.... although there was too much close-up Paul Greengrass type of shaky-cams. Black Panther was PERFECT. Spider-Man was a bit TOO annoying. I mean I get it, it is what he supposed to be like, but it is something I may have to accept soon. I still fuccks with Andrew Garfield's take on the character. My biggest issue is to the people who WROTE THIS shyt.... This movie is ENTIRELY TOO GOTDAMN LONG FOR A PLOT THIS FUCCKIN' THIN!! Baron Zemo was a completely useless antagonist. Lets start with the final fight between Captain America, IM & Winter Soldier. All of it due to Remo putting WS on the summerjam screen. Never mind how a formally UNDERSTANDING Tony Stark suddenly become in blind rage because he learned that WS killed his parents (I can reason with that, even though he knew he was brainwashed, Stark and almost all of the Avengers at one point been brainwashed before and whatnot), never mind that Steve Rogers known about this and not tell him (I can reason with that because he didn't want to hurt Tony, ALTHOUGH it goes against everything about who Captain America is, which is withholding secrets and tell the truth by any means necessary, even chastising Fury for his habit of holding onto secrets. Plus how'd he known about this anyway?), but how did ZEMO EVEN KNEW STARK WAS GOING TO SHOW UP TO THE SPOT??????? I mean how'd he knew ANY OF THEM was going to show? That's one convenient lucky guess.

Then this reveal turns out being the heart of the story and all that pre-Civil War was just fun and games and NOW it is serious. The whole 2hrs of this film was completely POINTLESS and nothing but FILLER. They could of ran with Zemo sending a videotape to Stark showing Bucky killing his parents and automatically making it Stark's own personal agenda alongside Black Panther's after Zemo framed WS for the United Nations bombing. And then have sides pick and choose to side with. I would of even respect it if Bucky was truly a rogue character that's ambiguous as to if he was truly a GOOD GUY or still a bad guy.... but the story really suffered in this film. What saved it was the dope action.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Movie was excellent. Went in on Team Cap but both sides had compelling arugments. It makes you ask yourself how far you're willing to go to back up your ideals...and people you consider true friends.
:wow: marvel really took it to a level we never even knew existed....

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Zemo wasn't even trash I thought his character was good n the story arc
My main problem was Zemo, or rather his plan. His motivations were good, but his plan to break up the Avengers relies quite a bit on chance, or him just being able to predict the future. I mean, what was he gonna do if Iron Man didn't follow Bucky and Cap, or didn't rage when he found out Bucky killed his mom and dad?

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
When Scott became GiantMan I was
200w_d-1_zpsvezwdgg6.gif

I thought maybe they'd save it 4 Antman and the Wasp but FCK it

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
yeah I thought it was cool how they wouldn't let them 2 officially hook up til Peggy was officially taking a dirt nap

It was classy on caps part but her dime days were gone

And she couldn't remember sht anyway I wuda smashed her daughter in winter solider.
:yeshrug:
#HOH new year same pimpin :pacspit: