Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Maybe because I didn't see Winter Soldier in theaters, but I enjoyed this a lot more than it and thought it was just as good if not better.
The villain was better imo and felt like more of a constant figure for me, they had more characters to juggle and still gave each of them solid arcs/emotional moments.
I sincerely don't understand how anyone could claim that the action wasn't at least on par, with content like the chase, hell even the stairway fight not even being the best in the movie you know it's greatness.
God the airport scene had me jumping out of my seat and the final fight was BRUTAL.
The only thing I could give Winter Soldier over this is that the helicarrier breaking down was the perfect single climax moment this movie doesn't have as the goal in it wasn't as singular, but it had many moments on par imo so who gives a fukk?
Spiderman and Iron Man (who's side I wasn't even on going into the movie) stole the show for me, Cap and the rest were great though there's no denying that, Black Panthers ending was super emotional.
Special shout-out to Wanda's legs :salute:

:what: He was terrible

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Only thing I didn't like was:

how T'Challa forgave Zemo in the end, after vowing to murk his father's killer My lady said, "He vowed revenge, but in the end he forgives Massa Zemo like a good lil' T'Challa....when he wanted to die and be with his family, anyway!"

:laff:
He saw on the dude's anger was making him act irrationally and decided not to go that route, Tony had a similar choice and went the other way.

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Just got back from peeping the film............... and :whew: .......... all I'll say for now is shyt is all fukked up..... ITS ALL fukkED UP NOW!! :damn:

my theater was doing some unheard of shyt.... they open up extra theaters and were selling tickets to whoever wanted to see the flick.... and if they got more tickets than they had seats then they would just open up another theater and throw the moving it was showing in that room in the bushes. :wow:

EDIT: oh yeah @Ironman put in WORK!!!!
More like he got that work:mjlol:

Tony took philosophical and physical L's throughout this movie

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
@Tasha And :damn: this is not the spoiler thread

And ya'll (Americans) wonder why you got this last as opposed to first:mjlol:

Marvel know ya'll don't observe or respect spoiler etiquette:martin:

We (International audience) had this for over a week and for the most part, this thread remained clean:sas2:

Ya'll have this for one day, now there's spoilers everywhere:mjlol:

Same goes for Youtube, twitter etc. I was actually amazed at how spoiler free the youtube comment sections were for Civil War videos:ohhh:

Movie studios need to keep blessing us with these "early" releases:blessed:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I never said he was good, just better than rehashed Hydra personally.
Overall he was okay imo, aside from the drowning part and the excellent final scene with him and Panther.

I totally agree with your point on Zemo. Dude was underwhelming for me the first time watching and the 2nd time, his scenes were straight up unbearable, cause I knew how useless to the plot he really was:scust:.

In my opinion, he is worse, overall, than Lex in BvS (Lex is still more annoying though)

His plan too was just overly contrived, watching it the 2nd time I just sat there thinking, "There is no ways he could have planned for and predicted an outcome like this:rudy:"

Like, how could he have known for sure that Captain would turn on Ironman, in favour of Bucky?

Also, when he "washed" Bucky's mind, how was he so sure that Captain would manage to stop him and extract that info about the Siberian base/5 super assasins from him, thus leading Cap and Bucky there?

Also how could he have known that Falcon (or anybody) would give this information to Tony Stark, thus leading Ironman there too?:mindblown:

It's like without leaving any bread crumbs, he just somehow knew that Cap, Bucky and Iron Man would follow him to that secret base, where he just conveniently had the video of Winter Soldier killing Tony Parents on deck, ready to be played:dahell:

In fact, why go through all that bullshyt if his only goal was to divide the Avengers? Why not just mail the video to Stark Industries?:mindblown:

Maybe I'm missing/overlooking a few points in my analysis but he was a fukking awful villian (plot-device) for me:scust:

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
ME and my girl enjoyed the film, we saw it in 3D which wasn't bad actually, I normally can't stand it.
Falcon was so cool in this movie:banderas: Spider man was my favorite part, they translated his character so well from the comics, the little kid voice I hated at first is actually appropriate.

Last fight was some bullshyt, you tellin me he suddenly knew cap's whole style then just lost?:beli: Tony got robbed

Story was good, the movie was long and some parts are unnecessary but they did do the character's justice.

They better put some respek on tic-tac's name though :birdman:

The story twist was so good though, all the while you think Tony and Rogers are fighting for one thing then in the end you realize there's a deeper fight beneath the surface

Can Marvel actually lose:mindblown:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I'm disappointed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as The Winter Soldier, and I blame Disney and Hollywood's yellow belly spine which favors marketing feel-good formulaic fairytales that can sell action figures over honest storytelling. Waiting for Marvel to grow a pair. War my ass. There were many good scenes, and it was entertaining but this wasn't war. Too much humor in inappropriate places and too many copouts. I'll review tommorow. The 11 hour marathon kinda fried my brain.

You saw what the t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ critics did to BvS.:beli:

You really think Marvel is gonna ditch this formula, when you got people saying this was the "perfect movie":beli:

Nah, the people need their quirky one-liners/jokes. Who cares if the heros are engaged in a battle over the fate of the earth or universe? NO JOKES=DULL:beli:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was okay. The STORY itself and the twist near the end was COMPLETELY WACK. The villain is worse even by Marvel standards, makes me at least appreciate the unexpected twist with the Mandarin. What saved this film was BLACK PANTHER'S black excellence throughout the entire film and the airport scene which was tonally different from the rest of the film. But overall, it was okay... unnecessarily long for a plot that thin.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie was good overall, it had more pros than cons, but it's far from marvel's best....i'll drop more thoughts in the spoiler thread....

edit - after posting in more detail in the spoiler thread, I had more cons than pros lol...with that said, I still stand by the movie was overall good/entertaining...it falls in line with avengers 2 to me...

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was okay. The STORY itself and the twist near the end was COMPLETELY WACK. The villain is worse even by Marvel standards, makes me at least appreciate the unexpected twist with the Mandarin. What saved this film was BLACK PANTHER'S black excellence throughout the entire film and the airport scene which was tonally different from the rest of the film. But overall, it was okay... unnecessarily long for a plot that thin.
movie was good overall, it had more pros than cons, but it's far from marvel's best....i'll drop more thoughts in the spoiler thread....
:ehh:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight, i'll drop my thoughts on it:

pros:

- black panther: did him justice showing his abilities, power(talking influence, not physical), able to hold his own, and wealth.....also dug the panther statue at the end

- scarlet witch: let her tease how powerful she really is

- capt hand to hand skills: they let him fukk tony up, which is how it should be....hell, they let him fukk the majority of people up, which is how it should be

- capt and ws vs iron man: that fight was good as hell...that was a hell scene...

cons:

- the story/plot: fukking sucked...they built it up as them fighting cause of the initiative, but that's not why they were fighting...they were fighting cause capt picked bucky as his best friend over tony, that's it...the ending fight between capt/ws vs iron man showed this.....the rest were fighting cause they sided with the one they were coolest with.....seriously, that's it lol...

- nemo: again, marvel cant get a villain right...instead of getting a bad guy that just wants to be a bad guy, they went with the cop out of 'he's doing bad cause he was wrong'd, he doesn't really mean it', smh....hell, they didn't even need a villain in this movie, but they tried to make it look like they were being manipulated instead of fighting over being capt's best friend....

- gen ross: they built him and the initiative up as a secondary villain, and that fell flat...he was more in the way than anything....didn't have to be in the story at all

- the airport scene: it looked cool as hell at first, but that excitement wore off quickly...it never really felt like the epic fight it was supposed to be/they built it up to be....by that I don't mean they should've been trying to kill each other, but it should've been more engaging than it was....it seemed like a missed opportunity to me....another thing: didn't like how they were shytting on Rhodes the whole fight....not only that, didn't like how iron man blasted falcon when the fight was over, even though it was vision that fukked Rhodes up....when he did that, I was like 'but it was your boy that did it, what the fukk?'...

...the obvious thing that's missing from the list: spiderman...to me, he wasn't a pro nor a con...yea, it was cool to see him on screen with the other characters, but all his shyt felt tacked on...like they forced ways to get him in the movie just to say he was in the movie....which kinda explains the after credit scene....just wanted to say 'hi, look, we got spidey'....to me, the movie would've been the same without him, and that's not how it should be....not only that, another high school spidey? come the fukk on...

...overall to me the movie was entertaining, but it's far from marvel's best...it falls in line with avengers 2 to me....

Last edited: