Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
it was a good movie. not going to say too much about it since most people haven't seen it yet. Black panther definitely held his own. lot of brehs were worried about how he would be portrayed; no need to worry, just enjoy the movie. enjoyed Spipey's appearance. His youth, inexperience and snarkiness made for an interesting contrast with the other characters. look forward to both the Black Panther and Spiderman movies coming out

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Movie was good. I wasn't blown away or anything, and I guess I expected too much when some of yall were in the BvS thread throwing a party at the bad reviews and talking like this movie would be a classic, but I don't think it was.

It was a good movie though. I was entertained. I'm surprised they didn't mention Uncle Ben for Spiderman. I'm sure that'll be in his solo movie but I figured they'd let him mention that to give his character some perspective on why he's choosing to fight instead of simply saying he shouldn't let his powers go to waste and his stanning of Stark.

It's almost 3 am I'll post more thoughts later but yeah, good movie.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Movie was good. I wasn't blown away or anything, and I guess I expected too much when some of yall were in the BvS thread throwing a party at the bad reviews and talking like this movie would be a classic, but I don't think it was.

It was a good movie though. I was entertained. I'm surprised they didn't mention Uncle Ben for Spiderman. I'm sure that'll be in his solo movie but I figured they'd let him mention that to give his character some perspective on why he's choosing to fight instead of simply saying he shouldn't let his powers go to waste and his stanning of Stark.

It's almost 3 am I'll post more thoughts later but yeah, good movie.
He told stark why he was doing what he was doing and alluded to uncle ben

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
I liked that they weren't trying to kill each other at the airport:yeshrug:. They were friends and co-workers with ideological differences and they wanted to stop the other side from destroying everything they have built together.

Thank you. Not sure why ppl wanted to see them hurt each other here. People forget(or haven't read the comic arc) that Civil War pits heroes AND villians against each other, so of course they'd try to take off each other's heads there.

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Only thing I didn't like was:

how T'Challa forgave Zemo in the end, after vowing to murk his father's killer My lady said, "He vowed revenge, but in the end he forgives Massa Zemo like a good lil' T'Challa....when he wanted to die and be with his family, anyway!"

:laff:
I don't think he did....I think that was his hero moment

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Maybe because I didn't see Winter Soldier in theaters, but I enjoyed this a lot more than it and thought it was just as good if not better.
The villain was better imo and felt like more of a constant figure for me, they had more characters to juggle and still gave each of them solid arcs/emotional moments.
I sincerely don't understand how anyone could claim that the action wasn't at least on par, with content like the chase, hell even the stairway fight not even being the best in the movie you know it's greatness.
God the airport scene had me jumping out of my seat and the final fight was BRUTAL.
The only thing I could give Winter Soldier over this is that the helicarrier breaking down was the perfect single climax moment this movie doesn't have as the goal in it wasn't as singular, but it had many moments on par imo so who gives a fukk?
Spiderman and Iron Man (who's side I wasn't even on going into the movie) stole the show for me, Cap and the rest were great though there's no denying that, Black Panthers ending was super emotional.
Special shout-out to Wanda's legs :salute:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Only thing I didn't like was:

how T'Challa forgave Zemo in the end, after vowing to murk his father's killer My lady said, "He vowed revenge, but in the end he forgives Massa Zemo like a good lil' T'Challa....when he wanted to die and be with his family, anyway!"

:laff:
"Massa Zemo" why does everything that involves black and white characters with certain people have to turn into some racial quagmire?
That's a fukking ridiculous comment to make, they're just two characters interacting but people will always find something to complain about.
And the ending was much better than then whatever the alternative would have been, which is no growth as a character/leader and an incredibly unheroic scene/action.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
@Ziggiy @TheGodling pretty much laid it all out

Let me add that this is definitely not on some FINN shyt
, one of the first things he says is that he understands the Sokovian accords but that he's not a fan of the politics. There is not a single scene of c00ning, in fact even though he indirectly gets Bucky and Cap arrested the cops arrest him too (:mjpls:) and he doesn't give them shyt because he didn't do it to get them arrested. He literally doesn't talk to anyone unless he has to and the only time he jokes is when he says it would be amusing to see Black Widow fight his guard.

Everybody addresses him as "your highness" (he reveals himself pretty much immediately) and not on some mockery shyt.

He's A1 from beginning to end, he's the only one who sees through everyone's plans start to finish and is the only character who redeems himself (Tony succumbs to vengeance, Bucky is a good guy except for the brainwashed part of him and Cap is Cap he's always good).

The closest ANYONE comes to joking around with him is when FALCON asks him why he's dressed like a cat (while they're arrested).
Finn was amazing you insecure troglodytes.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Ppl keep saying Zemo was a terrible villain when he didnt even set himself up as a villain. He wanted the good guys to see their teammates as the villains. His whole plan was to get the Avengers to tear themselves apart. Which happened:francis: The only negative I can say about him is that he could have easily been taken out the movie. Cap was already planning to defect. Government agents could have easily framed Bucky instead of Zemo doing it and we would get the same result. Movie would have been 15 mins shorter too and would have ended almost exactly the same.

Sharon Carter was wasted/not necessary.
Young Arachnid :blessed: had the best character intro in a Marvel film. Breh summed up his origins/motivations/background in a few sentences. Shat all over Amazing Spiderman's first 30 mins.
6th man award goes to Antman
Hawkeye needs to file his :flabbynsick: papers
Action is A1
All the character interactions can be funny on Avengers 1 level with I loved
T'challa was ill but his cgi looked weird. Everything he did was saw in the trailer/previews. I really hate how this movie ends with him inviting Cap and Bucky into Wakanda. I bet he gonna be on of those friendly negroes:mjpls: Notice how he saved that evil cac from self ownage:mjpls:

This isnt really a Cap movie....more of a Cap vs Iron man. Wanda did the best anyone could do in that situation:yeshrug:. Both sides had a point and started in on Cap's side. This is what BvS should have been... A battle of two different philosophical world views. Wtf is with heroes making and breaking their relationships based on mothers. Bucky killed Stark's pops but he yells "He killed my mother":bryan:I thought they were going to pull some stupid as BvS fukkery for a sec doe:whew:

Winter Soldier was a better Cap movie
Civil War is a better Avengers movie then AoA and I like AoA

9/10

And Vision is a c00n with the clown as sweater on
And he shot down War Machine:mjpls: , nobody said shyt and Falcon took the L because of it.:mjpls:
"Oh there were two of them:mjpls: didnt look like it:mjpls:one of them was on our team:mjpls:who knew:mjpls:"
You're support a movie made by white people, who's two main stars are white people, and you're in here on some faux militant cac stuff?
Sorry black panther doesn't play into your power fantasy.
Get your validation from non fictitious sources.