Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
just got back.

overall i enjoyed it. wasn't as great as i hoped, but it was good enough.

3.5/5, definitely up there with the best marvel movies. not as good as winter soldier though.

infinitely better than that other jar of piss.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I feel you, and some suspension of disbelief is also needed, but this was a grown man with a daughter. While Peter is still an impressionable kid.
Lang is a fukk up. He was fukking up in his movie, constantly being trouble with the law. It's how he got recruited the first place. I think he's acting accordingly.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm disappointed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as The Winter Soldier, and I blame Disney and Hollywood's yellow belly spine which favors marketing feel-good formulaic fairytales that can sell action figures over honest storytelling. Waiting for Marvel to grow a pair. War my ass. There were many good scenes, and it was entertaining but this wasn't war. Too much humor in inappropriate places and too many copouts. I'll review tommorow. The 11 hour marathon kinda fried my brain.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm disappointed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as The Winter Soldier, and I blame Disney and Hollywood's yellow belly spine which favors marketing feel-good formulaic fairytales that can sell action figures over honest storytelling. War my ass. There were many good scenes, and it was entertaining but this wasn't war. Too much humor in inappropriate places and too many copouts. I'll review tommorow. The 11 hour marathon kinda fried my brain.

i feel the same way. the movie sets up this very earnest conflict and never really delivers on it. in the end they're fighting over something totally different.

and the airport scene, as great as it was, felt like everyone was just trying not to hurt each other.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
When Lang went Giant Man on them, I turned into a fukking kid and geeked the fukk out....

This is why I would say Giant Man to me stole the show...... I wasn't expecting that...... Didn't think they'd even go there till the 2nd movie

Superstar
Daps
Thrilling :wow: Off first impressions

Positives:
. Pretty much everything in the movie from and after the Antman and Spiderman recruitment scenes were perfect. The airport fight will go down in history as some of the most godly shyt ever choreographed and captured on film, and the fight in that compound between IM and Cap/Bucky was gripping cinema as well
. Panther :wow: Hands down has the most gully lines in the movie and is easily a top 5 character already in this universe. I bussed a nut everytime he came on screen
. Spiderman
. Ant-Man was considerably funnier in this movie than in his own film. Also, Giant Man :banderas::banderas:
. Action was on point
. Comedy was grade A as always

Negatives:
. The Winter Soldier subplot. None of it, and I mean none of it, made much sense to me and was really confusing
. Baron Zemo wasn't terrible but when its Iron Man, Panther, Spiderman & friends vs. Cap & friends you can't help but wanna fast forward through the parts involving him

Last edited: