Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this shyt was overrated, the stan levels are off the charts.

Wasn't complete trash like batman v.s superman, but it was very average.

Main problem with the superhero movies are the villains. Besides Batman, none of these superheroes have any type of compelling villains that can transfer to the big screen. That's why you have to make them fight each other because they have no one interesting who can stand up to their powers blow for blow. After all these marvel movies that have been released, there basically is no story being developed, no character motivations, no character development. Hyrda been popping up in all these movies, but there's no hints to their agenda, no red skull, nothing it's not even an after thought.

The superheros fight each other for no reason, these Russo Brothers get credit for being good writers but they aren't. This movie had zero tension, war machine beat paralyzed was already in the trailer, the airport fight scene had zero tension because you knew nobody was going to die. If you like the heroes on Iron Man's side, they were suppose to easily mopped up captain america and his team. Iron man's armor becomes less durable with every movie to the point where a gust of wind will cause damage to it

Black panther's suit looks like some shyt outta power rangers, I was waiting for this nikka to teleport to the command center or something. He barely had any speaking lines at all, he really didn't do anything. His father being killed was just a rush job, terrible scene terrible transitions. Him not killing the murderer of his father lets me know they will water down the character.

The Spider man shyt was too rushed it made zero sense why Tony would need to recruit spiderman, everything down to his dialogue was just forced they will never get it right, he even looks out of place with the rest of the superheroes.
With the Uncle Ben setup the spider-man character doesn't work. There is a reason why everytime Batman is introduced to a film series they revisit the scene of his parents murder, because it's the catalyst to the character's existence. Spiderman in this is just fan service to the stans who have bad taste.

Zemo was just an after thought, just a weak villain, all of his plans relied on too many events outside of his control to make it even plausible that a person could've masterminded it.

All in all just another entry in this era of hollywood cash grabs with nonsensical plots, anti-climatic third acts, zero character development, and praise from blinded adults channeling their inner child.

There's over 24 hours worth of marvel movies, and very little has happened story wise in this so called Universe.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Man this shyt was overrated, the stan levels are off the charts.

Wasn't complete trash like batman v.s superman, but it was very average.

Main problem with the superhero movies are the villains. Besides Batman, none of these superheroes have any type of compelling villains that can transfer to the big screen. That's why you have to make them fight each other because they have no one interesting who can stand up to their powers blow for blow. After all these marvel movies that have been released, there basically is no story being developed, no character motivations, no character development. Hyrda been popping up in all these movies, but there's no hints to their agenda, no red skull, nothing it's not even an after thought.

The superheros fight each other for no reason, these Russo Brothers get credit for being good writers but they aren't. This movie had zero tension, war machine beat paralyzed was already in the trailer, the airport fight scene had zero tension because you knew nobody was going to die. If you like the heroes on Iron Man's side, they were suppose to easily mopped up captain america and his team. Iron man's armor becomes less durable with every movie to the point where a gust of wind will cause damage to it

Black panther's suit looks like some shyt outta power rangers, I was waiting for this nikka to teleport to the command center or something. He barely had any speaking lines at all, he really didn't do anything. His father being killed was just a rush job, terrible scene terrible transitions. Him not killing the murderer of his father lets me know they will water down the character.

The Spider man shyt was too rushed it made zero sense why Tony would need to recruit spiderman, everything down to his dialogue was just forced they will never get it right, he even looks out of place with the rest of the superheroes.
With the Uncle Ben setup the spider-man character doesn't work. There is a reason why everytime Batman is introduced to a film series they revisit the scene of his parents murder, because it's the catalyst to the character's existence. Spiderman in this is just fan service to the stans who have bad taste.

Zemo was just an after thought, just a weak villain, all of his plans relied on too many events outside of his control to make it even plausible that a person could've masterminded it.

All in all just another entry in this era of hollywood cash grabs with nonsensical plots, anti-climatic third acts, zero character development, and praise from blinded adults channeling their inner child.

There's over 24 hours worth of marvel movies, and very little has happened story wise in this so called Universe.
Fam...Red Skull's been dead for 70 years in the MCU. Hydra is Larry Holmes status since Age of Ultron. Spiderman was at his best. Let us be happy man

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
there's a hand to hand combat sequence with black widow very early on in the movie that only lasts for about 15-20 seconds that was absolutely mindblowing.

Yea reading the recaps NO ONE is mentioning this scene and it was incredible :wow:

But yea that entire airport scene was just a thing of beauty...... Amazing. Just amazing!

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just got back from peeping the film............... and :whew: .......... all I'll say for now is shyt is all fukked up..... ITS ALL fukkED UP NOW!! :damn:

my theater was doing some unheard of shyt.... they open up extra theaters and were selling tickets to whoever wanted to see the flick.... and if they got more tickets than they had seats then they would just open up another theater and throw the moving it was showing in that room in the bushes. :wow:

EDIT: oh yeah @Ironman put in WORK!!!!
tumblr_mlru9m7HoA1s8uospo9_500_zpsfaham0qv.gif

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Yea but she wreckless as fukk. Drops vision 50 floors. Coulda killed someone. Use ya brain roosky hoe

Yeah, It thought the same thing, too. Like, "bytch, you didn't learn your lesson??" lol

Don't get me wrong I can see it from Caps side but from Tony's side that nikka still killed his people.

Even Bucky said it himself on the way to Siberia, "Yeah(it was Hydra's mind-control)....but I still did it."

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Movie was 100 out of 10

Black Panther and Spiderman stole the show. :blessed:

Hyperbole aside the most impressive feat the movie pulled off was even with all those characters in it, it was wholly a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie and not Avengers 2.5.

Yea i fully agree. It's amazing they really managed to keep this "Cap 3" and not Avengers 2.5 even with all the cameos.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
And to the nikkas that are saying that Bucky was under mind control so he should get the pass - if that was you and you're watching the video of the nikka killing your parents when you thought they died in a car crash and he's standing right next to you - you gonna let that slide?

Don't get me wrong I can see it from Caps side but from Tony's side that nikka still killed his people.
Not a fan of "If it were you?" questions, because they're usually loaded ones, but I agree with the bolded. Even Bucky said that regardless of circumstances, he was the one who carried out the hit.

Movie was amazing but waaaay overhyped especially the airport fight scene. It was great but it wasn't the best fight scene ever.

So what was the best comic movie fight scene ever??