Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
i feel the same way. the movie sets up this very earnest conflict and never really delivers on it. in the end they're fighting over something totally different.

and the airport scene, as great as it was, felt like everyone was just trying not to hurt each other.

Right.
A few of them even outright and admit that. It was like they were purposefully fighting to be age appropriate for the kids in the audience. That's when it started feeling gimmicky to me. There was an opportunity for real buildup with high stakes and grave consequences, but they took short cuts and it just sorta fizzled. Oh well, that's what I get for drinking the Kool-Aid. At least it was entertaining.

Superstar
Daps
Thrilling :wow: Off first impressions

Positives:
. Pretty much everything in the movie from and after the Antman and Spiderman recruitment scenes were perfect. The airport fight will go down in history as some of the most godly shyt ever choreographed and captured on film, and the fight in that compound between IM and Cap/Bucky was gripping cinema as well
. Panther :wow: Hands down has the most gully lines in the movie and is easily a top 5 character already in this universe. I bussed a nut everytime he came on screen
. Spiderman
. Ant-Man was considerably funnier in this movie than in his own film. Also, Giant Man :banderas::banderas:
. Action was on point
. Comedy was grade A as always

Negatives:
. The Winter Soldier subplot. None of it, and I mean none of it, made much sense to me and was really confusing
. Baron Zemo wasn't terrible but when its Iron Man, Panther, Spiderman & friends vs. Cap & friends you can't help but wanna fast forward through the parts involving him

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo that was dope. 8.5/10

Pros: A lot so I'll just say my cons

Cons: spiderman intro. I feel like they could've done it better. Felt shallow. No ones asking for the origin story again but I wanted more.

End credits was ass.

The Cgi on spiderman and Black panther/ their costume designs are wack IMO

Other than that I was very satisfied

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thrilling :wow: Off first impressions

Positives:
. Pretty much everything in the movie from and after the Antman and Spiderman recruitment scenes were perfect. The airport fight will go down in history as some of the most godly shyt ever choreographed and captured on film, and the fight in that compound between IM and Cap/Bucky was gripping cinema as well
. Panther :wow: Hands down has the most gully lines in the movie and is easily a top 5 character already in this universe. I bussed a nut everytime he came on screen
. Spiderman
. Ant-Man was considerably funnier in this movie than in his own film. Also, Giant Man :banderas::banderas:
. Action was on point
. Comedy was grade A as always

Negatives:
. The Winter Soldier subplot. None of it, and I mean none of it, made much sense to me and was really confusing
. Baron Zemo wasn't terrible but when its Iron Man, Panther, Spiderman & friends vs. Cap & friends you can't help but wanna fast forward through the parts involving him

Ummmmmmmm:francis:

So basically.... at the facility Bucky was at. After the success of him, the scientist wanted more soldiers. Bucky was brainwash and stole a formula used to create 5 more stronger and deadlier soldiers to build a mini army, but apparently they went crazy and that project had to be shelved indefinitely why they continued to use Bucky for years. Zemo via his access of the Hydra files Black Widow released, studied them and discovered that. Leading to his plans in the events that unfolded.

Hopefully that helps:patrice:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm disappointed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as The Winter Soldier, and I blame Disney and Hollywood's yellow belly spine which favors marketing feel-good formulaic fairytales that can sell action figures over honest storytelling. Waiting for Marvel to grow a pair. War my ass. There were many good scenes, and it was entertaining but this wasn't war. Too much humor in inappropriate places and too many copouts. I'll review tommorow. The 11 hour marathon kinda fried my brain.

@Mowgli was saying the same:patrice:

But truth be told you can't expect that kind of war when Infinity Wars on deck. :manny:

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I legit thought Cap killed Iton man at the end and I was heated.

What happened to the promised death? Was expecting it the whole movie. No complaint but I thought they promised a major death so I was :whoo:during that final fight. Whole time I was like "who/how cap or Tony bout to die"

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Movie was 100 out of 10

Black Panther and Spiderman stole the show. :blessed:

Hyperbole aside the most impressive feat the movie pulled off was even with all those characters in it, it was wholly a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie and not Avengers 2.5.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I legit thought Cap killed Iton man at the end and I was heated.

What happened to the promised death? Was expecting it the whole movie. No complaint but I thought they promised a major death so I was :whoo:during that final fight. Whole time I was like "who/how cap or Tony bout to die"

Never knew there was supposed to be a "promised death"

I think thats some random fan shyt that probably took a life of its own

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
All of antman's scenes were perfect.
Rudd was great.

Spider-Man's dialouge was perfect but I'm a little worried about Homecoming. Really liked him but he might be too young to carry a feature length IMO. They are gonna really have to try to make him less Disney channelly.

Black Panther was on some real king shyt the whole time. Wish his suit was black and gold tho

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My nikka T'challa said
Xaj3vCf.gif

Bucky was running from that fade T'challa was puttin on him the entire movie. :banderas:

Didn't matter if the suit was on or off, you still took this L Bucky :umad:

I just wish he would've killed Zemo at the end, fukk that sparing shyt we gettin even. :demonic:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Rudd was great.

Spider-Man's dialouge was perfect but I'm a little worried about Homecoming. Really liked him but he might be too young to carry a feature length IMO. They are gonna really have to try to make him less Disney channelly.

Black Panther was on some real king shyt the whole time. Wish his suit was black and gold tho

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Rudd was great.

I dont know..... though he portrayed a kid on this show..... buddy is 20 now and 21 by the time Homecoming drops...... unless that boy misses another round of growth spurts not sure he's gonna pass off as a high school kid much longer.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Another thing.... after finally getting to see this movie.... something bothering me is the complaints about the villains when they villains didnt need to be highlighted more than they were. For the story that was being told here.... this shyt essentially was the typical and PREDICTABLE movie where "the 2 heros have been throughout the movie then in the climax find some truth and come together to take down said villain" type movie. This movie was pretty much always at its core a CAP vs IM movie. I only think the villain needed to do more if there was indeed a fight that was gonna go down with them against the heros, but in this case they got the proper amount of time, pushed enough of the plot and was straight for what they were needed for. The shyt it seems like some are complaining about is the shyt that we've seen sooooooooo many other times.... hell we just saw it a month ago! I thought niccas aint like "formulas"? :sas2:

You're either being sarcastic or you're contradicting yourself in this post. This movie broke the formula by being hero vs. hero the entire way through, even when it looked like they would call a truce and come together to take down the bad guy, they didn't. The end of the movie ended with strained relationships, the fall of the Avengers, and just a basic understanding that it will stay that way, atleast until they are forced to work together again.