Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw it today - good but not amazing.

BP, Spidey, Ant-man
& Iron man stole the show.
this, it was hellah entertaining and felt like a worthy successor to avengers but other than the airport scene (which was bananas)it was aight. I wouldn't use the words "stole the show" but those 3 were definitely the mvps of the movie
BP really nailed the accent speaking that Zulu too :ehh:
was he speaking zulu? :leon: To be honest his speaking voice (when speaking english) was a mixed bag to me. Seemed like he was concentrating too much trying to hold it, sounded unintelligible a times like when he had
zemo
in an RNC.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What yall think about the Russo Bros directing every Marvel Movie for now on with Mcfeely and Markus handing the writing? :whoo:

Except for BP though. :blessed:

Gotta let James Gunn cook too....

And Favreau needs to come back and do one more Iron Man movie with RDJ to make the cypher complete...

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
The movie wasn't light at all the airport scene was fun but the subject matter was serious throughout.

My reasoning for that is in your spoiler thread. there was NO weight to the decisions each character made, it felt real light compared to how something called civil war should be, yeah they had the fight, moved on to the next scene, everyone arrested, and nothing really weighing down on what just happened

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Well that's the problem with Marvel/DC announcing their movie schedule ahead of time. It takes away from their current films momentum, when you got the media already asking what's next in store with the next set of movies. That's the downside of the internet as well. Back in the day you only got this info from TV, or reading magazines etc.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
And people said that I was lying on how the intensity factor was nothing compare do WS, and they got at me. :francis:

The action scenes are on point and BP took the show, just that so many people out shined Cap in his own movie.

oh easily, WS eclipsed this intensity wise, I mean they had a cheat code basically with all the characters to make the hype/impact work which it did cause i loved every fight scene

but yeah he EASILY got outshined, hell Ant Man turned to Giant Man and shyt got hella lit in the cinema...

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
The Bucky-Starks parents twist was dope, kind of predictable but well done.

Yep, and I understand completely why Stark reacted the way he did, he just saw a video of the guy standing next to him literally beating his dad to dead and chocking his mom, anyone would have go berserk after watching some shyt like that. :wow:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Does Panther have his own theme and is the music from the second trailer included in the movie ?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but someone in this thread did say he had a good theme. It could be this track called Ancestral Call, had some African sounding drums in the beginning. I won't know for sure until I see the flick on May 5th @ 730pm.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
After the first after credit scene my theater actually skipped the credits and went directly to the second scene, thought it was pretty cool of them. :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yep, and I understand completely why Stark reacted the way he did, he just saw a video of the guy standing next to him literally beating his dad to dead and chocking his mom, anyone would have go berserk after watching some shyt like that. :wow:

If what you are saying is true and Cap is STILL riding for Bucky then Steve Rogers is a fukk boy

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Well, I just came back from my second viewing and there's something I wanted to talk about the first time but didn't because of spoilers, but it looks to me that with Rhodey's paralysis and the consequent scene of him with the prosthetic enhancements they might be teasing his eventual turn into a cyborg.

ZbwOsAZ.jpg

I doubt they'll go that far since it would be pretty much be copying DC's Cyborg, although I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do it on some :troll: shyt.

I absolutely wouldn't put it past them, remember this movie, which had the exact same theme as BvS was gonna release on the same day as that movie until WB changed the date, I always saw that as Marvel pumping their chest at DC.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If what you are saying is true and Cap is STILL riding for Bucky then Steve Rogers is a fukk boy

Bucky was being mind controlled so he's not accountable for his actions.:manny:

after all the hours letting the movie sink it, it just dawned on me how light the movie was compared to winter soldier.. like there was NO WEIGHT of consequences from any ones actions.
in winter soldier, at that moment in the car scene you felt :damn: L JACKSON REALLY GON DIE

while in CW, there was not 1 scene that made me feel that way, the fact it was called civil war too and not one person had any lasting grave consequence, shyt they only had rhodey break his spine and once he had that fitting, didnt even look like shyt changed in his life, nikka is back up walking just with a strain

thats the word, no real emotional aspect in the movie. and it was clear tony was the real loser in this cause i keep seeing people say there wasnt a clear winner.. i mean he forced the whole team to sign on, made cap a fugitive EVEN though cap was right, could've worked together to uncover the truth.

movie goes down to a 7.5/10 for me now...

Well, outside of the opening scene all of the movie's action is superhero against superhero so you kinda knew beforehand that nobody was gonna take that real L.

I think they made the wrong decision though having Vision fukk up and take out Rhodey by accident. If someone on Cap's team was directly responsible for Rhodey's paralysis it would've made the conflict between Cap and Tony far more serious (a twist on Ragnarok Thor killing Goliath in the comic story).