Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
12993359_1741882399366722_8747853096330365730_n.jpg

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
1). fukk Cyborg. I am unapologetically outspoken in my unadultered loathing of that character

2). Whatever spurred Marvel and Kevin Feige to get off their asses when it comes to T'Challa. I'm simply glad we're getting him and by all accounts, not a neutered bullshyt version either, but the REAL Black Panther in all of his genius, regal, and ass kicking glory
why? :patrice: links?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah, as much as you hate Cyborg, DC's announcement pushed Marvel to put Black Panther to his glory. It it wasn't for that, the Hulk would have taken his place in Civil War :mjpls:

But BP ain't dropping till 2018, so after CW drops, Im gonna take a break from the MCU.

Doctor Strange :yawn:
Spider-Man: Homecoming :yawn:
Thor 3 :childplease:
Antman and the Wasp :manny:
GotG2 :heh:

2017 looks kinda bleh. 2018 is when it heats up really, really Good with BP and Infinity Wars.

Dr. Strange looks interesting to me so I'll check it out. I honestly couldn't give a damn about yet ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot but I'll save my final opinion on that until I've seen Civil War and decided if this new take on Peter Park is as earth shatteringly fantastic as everybody says. Thor 3 is ehh to me, again I'd need to see a trailer first before I decide as I quite liked the first one but the 2nd one was underwhelming. Ant-Man and Wasp isn't coming out in 2017 is it?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
why? :patrice: links?

He's a fukking Robot, he's not even HUMAN. What black kid grows up thinking to himself "by golly! We've got the white man who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes, the white man whose rich with the coolest gadgets, the white guy who can run faster than the speed of sound, the white guy who can create literally ANYTHING from his magic ring, and the white woman with super strength...I'd SURE like to be the fukking ROBOT:martin:

fukk Cyborg, especially as a token, because even as a Token he represents the very WORST thematically and conceptually of the stereotype of the black man. That of being less than human, everything "special" about him is actually a detriment, he spends all of his time at the Watch Tower moaning about that VERY thing, that he's LESS than a man. He serves as a goddamn power grid for teleporting the white heroes off to their adventures. That is NOT a hero for black kids to be looking up too, why would an audience want to go see a movie like that? DC has Static Shock, John Stewart (who was essentially gift wrapped to them by Dwayne Mcduffie, as a generation of kids and teens grew up on a black green lantern) Black Lightening, and Mr. Terrific, and the BEST they could come up with for their token representation of black heroism was The Walking Car Battery?

fukk CYBORG:pacspit:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He's a fukking Robot, he's not even HUMAN. What black kid grows up thinking to himself "by golly! We've got the white man who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes, the white man whose rich with the coolest gadgets, the white guy who can run faster than the speed of sound, the white guy who can create literally ANYTHING from his magic ring, and the white woman with super strength...I'd SURE like to be the fukking ROBOT:martin:

fukk Cyborg, especially as a token, because even as a Token he represents the very WORST thematically and conceptually of the stereotype of the black man. That of being less than human, everything "special" about him is actually a detriment, he spends all of his time at the Watch Tower moaning about that VERY thing, that he's LESS than a man. He serves as a goddamn power grid for teleporting the white heroes off to their adventures. That is NOT a hero for black kids to be looking up too, why would an audience want to go see a movie like that? DC has Static Shock, John Stewart (who was essentially gift wrapped to them by Dwayne Mcduffie, as a generation of kids and teens grew up on a black green lantern) Black Lightening, and Mr. Terrific, and the BEST they could come up with for their token representation of black heroism was The Walking Car Battery?

Indeed....

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Dr. Strange looks interesting to me so I'll check it out. I honestly couldn't give a damn about yet ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot but I'll save my final opinion on that until I've seen Civil War and decided if this new take on Peter Park is as earth shatteringly fantastic as everybody says. Thor 3 is ehh to me, again I'd need to see a trailer first before I decide as I quite liked the first one but the 2nd one was underwhelming. Ant-Man and Wasp isn't coming out in 2017 is it?

The reviews if CW are overrated. If you gonna follow the reviewers, it sounds like CW is on TDK level.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

they do that on purpose. They made a black guy the watchman in Thor too :heh: they stragetic af with the shyt

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

I feel your pain bruh.:mjcry: I'm not a cyborg fan, but they can salvage Vic if they make him more human, give him a love interest, and give him some respectable feats. As well as a much needed personality injection. (A penis would help too) I rather see him on some villain shyt then be another emasculated black hero.