Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yep. As long as the hero is good, people can ignore the other shyt quality :yeshrug:

I agree :manny:

DC needs to follow that formula.
I think DC can do quality villains. Even though Green Lantern was a bust I liked Mark Strong as Sinestro even though he had a limited role. He always had a menacing presence

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
backhanded compliments :salute:

being that the entire movie/story is based on the hero, yes as long as the hero is good the movie is likely to be good. if your movie is depending on the villain to make it or break it youve done a shyt job as a story teller. yall really trying to sit here and act like this is some new mindblowing formula that marvel just got lucky and stumbled upon, its story telling 101 :mjlol:

Marvel really got yall upset giving out backhanded compliments and caveats as to why they are successful :mjlol:

your heroes at DC just need to follow the formula of finding a competent director and team of writers then we can start talking about what they can do to make an enjoyable movie
If you can't write a villain that is believable and pushes the story forward you've failed as a story teller.

Marvel bout 0/12 on that front.

Without a villain the story is pointless.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
If you can't write a villain that is believable and pushes the story forward you've failed as a story teller.

And yet they keep banking billions of dollars at the theatres so they're doing something right :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

being that these are comic book movies, half of the time the "villain" is the heroes struggle with the job of being a hero in the first place. so again no. unfortunately, the story revolves around the hero. yall keep being bitter at marvel tho :mjlol: the biggest group of people that seem to have a problem with their product is around 15 people on a messageboard :mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Breh I hope they get Dr Strange villains right. That guy has some of the most :demonic: villains in fiction.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
being that these are comic book movies, half of the time the "villain" is the heroes struggle with the job of being a hero in the first place. so again no. unfortunately, the story revolves around the hero. yall keep being bitter at marvel tho :mjlol: the biggest group of people that seem to have a problem with their product is around 15 people on a messageboard :mjlol:
All I hear is excuses for shoddy writing

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
More reason why DC lil buddies white as vanilla
ONLY white folk can have THIS much hate in their hearts :hahapaul:

Goddamn the shyts pathetic
How much that rope cost muthafukkas??

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
backhanded compliments :salute:

being that the entire movie/story is based on the hero, yes as long as the hero is good the movie is likely to be good. if your movie is depending on the villain to make it or break it youve done a shyt job as a story teller. yall really trying to sit here and act like this is some new mindblowing formula that marvel just got lucky and stumbled upon, its story telling 101 :mjlol:

Marvel really got yall upset giving out backhanded compliments and caveats as to why they are successful :mjlol:

your heroes at DC just need to follow the formula of finding a competent director and team of writers then we can start talking about what they can do to make an enjoyable movie

IMHO, Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, Avengers, The Dark Knight, Batman, etc are all some of my top comic book movies. All had great villains. I think it takes the movie to new heights with a great villain. Again..in my opinion.

Daredevil and even Jessica Jones are dope to me because the villains are so good.

I do think the MCU got kinda stagnant though. :manny: Like I really enjoy watching the movie the first time. Then when I watch it again and notice the villain really didn't do shyt or is as good as I thought..it hurts it.

Those are my thoughts on the MCU as of now. I expect great things from Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity Wars. I've said as such.

I didn't like Man of Steel cause I didn't care for Superman. :yeshrug:So that was me agreeing with you. It took a few more times and I grew to like it.

I like that you think this really stresses me out though :dahell::mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
All I hear is excuses for shoddy writing
so according to you CA WS should be one of the worst movies of all time right, because redford was trash right?

whoops its actually regarded as one of the best comic book movies ever. why? because they created a great hero the audience could invest in and the story revolving around that hero was as a result great as well.

but keep being bitter towards marvel tho :mjlol:

newsflash save your money for CA CW, you wont like the villain but its still gonna be a good movie :salute:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not really breh.

IMHO, Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, Avengers, The Dark Knight, Batman, etc are all some of my top comic book movies. All had great villains. I think it takes the movie to new heights with a great villain.

Daredevil and even Jessica Jones are dope to me because the villains are so good.

I do think the MCU got kinda stagnant though. :manny: Like I really enjoy watching the movie the first time. Then when I watch it again and notice the villain really didn't do shyt or is as good as I thought..it hurts it.

Those are my thoughts on the MCU as of now. I expect great things from Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity Wars. I've said as such.

I didn't like Man of Steel cause I didn't care for Superman. :yeshrug:So that was me agreeing with you. It took a few more times and I grew to like it.

I like that you think this really stresses me out though :dahell::mjlol:
im enjoying the films, as our the vast majority of the world, you seem to be stressed out people like them and are reaching for caveats as to why :dahell:

nobody said films didnt need villains and yes a great villain only makes it better i think thats obvious. with that said you can easily have a good movie without this award winning performance from your villain and thats because the majority of the story revolves around the protagonist , especially concerning comic books / comic films

the only funny thing is the backhanded compliments at marvel making good heroes like that isnt the goal of every story teller :mjlol:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I think DC can do quality villains. Even though Green Lantern was a bust I liked Mark Strong as Sinestro even though he had a limited role. He always had a menacing presence
he didn't go full evil til the after credit scene. the real villain was Peter Saarsgard as an anti-social nerd/huge deformed head/fart cloud.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i never understood why they couldn't just make Galactus fukkin Galactus. people acted like it was impossible. they could have shown him in space orchestrating shyt, he didn't have to have hand to hand combat... does he even do that in the comics? how hard would it have been to have a personification of that character?

I didn't HATE the F4 movies at the time, but I'll never even think about watching them again b/c i know they're probably absolute dogshyt