Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Breh I hope they get Dr Strange villains right. That guy has some of the most :demonic: villains in fiction.
I think Dr.Strange is gonna be piff :whew:
And yet they keep banking billions of dollars at the theatres so they're doing something right :yeshrug:
Yea. :manny:

I remember in the 90s to 2000s we expected high quality villains. If the villain was bad, its hurts the movie . No matter how good the other parts are. I'm not talking DC/Marvel, cause that shyt is just to rustle jimmies here.
We use to look forward to villains in all the cmb movies. We don't anymore :yeshrug:Now its copy/paste. But I can't blame them if they're making bank and put out enjoyable films.:ehh:

DC needs to do a better job with its heroes. No doubt. Just don't know why Marvel stans want us to gloss over the villains being subpar.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
i never understood why they couldn't just make Galactus fukkin Galactus. people acted like it was impossible. they could have shown him in space orchestrating shyt, he didn't have to have hand to hand combat... does he even do that in the comics? how hard would it have been to have a personification of that character?

I didn't HATE the F4 movies at the time, but I'll never even think about watching them again b/c i know they're probably absolute dogshyt
I legit loled that you only see a fiery silhouette of him in the cloud :pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Dr.Strange is gonna be piff :whew:

Yea. :manny:

I remember in the 90s to 2000s we expected high quality villains. If the villain was bad, its hurts the movie big time. No matter how good the other parts are. I'm not talking DC/Marvel, cause that shyt is just to rustle jimmies here.
We use to look forward to villains in all the cmb movies. We don't anymore :yeshrug:Now its copy/paste. But I can't blame them if they're making bank and put out enjoyable films.:ehh:

DC needs to do a better job with its heroes. No doubt. Just don't know why Marvel stans want us to gloss over the villains being subpar.
Dude, you are calling villains subpar before seeing this movie. You're noyt taking critics word for it are you? :jbhmm:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Dude, you are calling villains subpar before seeing this movie. You're noyt taking critics word for it are you? :jbhmm:
I'm going off of history :yeshrug:

I'll judge Civil War for myself. Critics said Lex was awful, and somehow I enjoy his character at times :pachaha:. So maybe the same will be for this movie.

But if dude is just a side character that is not all that meaningful :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm going off of history :yeshrug:

I'll judge Civil War for myself. Critics said Lex was awful, and somehow I enjoy his character at times :pachaha:. So maybe the same will be for this movie.

But if dude is just a side character that is not all that meaningful :francis:
History huh? Funny, I saw you quote a critic. :usure:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Darren Cross wasn't that bad a villain. His motivations all made sense, and even though he got in the costume late, it was pretty good action.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You are now only mentioning that we got on this topic due to what some critic said. Am I lying?
I been posting all kind of critic quotes. Most of them good :jbhmm:
In fact the one I posted said he was good and then there was another that said not so good. Again, I've posted most of all the tweets I could find about this movie, great,good, whatever.

This was my reply to his reply of that quote.

The video I just quoted said Zemo was distracting from all the other good shyt going on. :francis:

But he also said its the best movie of the year so far :manny:

Marvel has figured out a way to make their villains irrelevant, but produce high quality films regardless :manny::ehh:

I don't want to hear no shyt about the villain being weak in Black Panther's movie though. :martin:

But for the record I'll judge the movie for myself. If I think Zemo is good, I'll admit it.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It was a breh who directed those movies too :mjcry:

The trailers were actually pretty good for that movie. :francis:

Smh damn Tim Story

Goat trailer hyping Silver Surfer only for him to simp up and write him that his Board is all his power.

I walked out the theater when I seen how they were gon play Galactus. Terrible movie. Chris Evans is blessed :blessed: