Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what made zod dope exactly? he was one dimensional at best and all he did was destroy shyt.....if he's dope why is ultron, ronan, yellowjacket, alexander pierce, melekith, killian, winter soldier, abomination and obadiah weak? oh lemme guess, its cuz he had a long fight scene compared to the others lol

ONE dimensional? He wasn't like any of those MCU villains that you mentioned who was evil just because. In fact, Superman was no more in the wrong than he was. All Zod was genetically programmed to maintain the existence of Kyrptonian people. And he had a chance to recolonize the existence of his people and Superman took that away from him because he sold out his own bloodline for the sake of man. Superman even outright told him "Krypton had its chance" before destroying everything. What made Superman any better than Zod? That was what DOPE about the character Zod, because he wasn't a generic character seeking domination of anything cliche. He was a revolutionary that side things the same as Jor-el, but they disagreed on how to approach it. Zod wanted to do it militarily and Jor-El wanted to repopulate elsewhere. The biggest difference is Jor-El wanted his son to make his own choice and that's ONLY because he doesn't want the repopulating of his species to go down the same problems of before due to genetic programming. To consider Zod as one dimensional means you have not paid attention at all in MoS.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zod was dope because in his mind he was actually a good guy. He was trying to preserve the life of his race. He actually was a bit conflicted over his actions, but continued on cause in his mind its what needed to be done.

Winter Soldier was a dope movie. Top 2 or top 3 MCU movie imo. However, Winter Soldier himself did nothing for me :manny:

I'm hoping Black Panther whoops his ass :yeshrug:

Bucky wasn't really the REAL villain.... it was whomever the fukk Robert Redford's character was. That's how forgettable.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@gluvnast @Prodigal Syndicate
539.gif
:cape: for jesse eisenberg, brehs

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I didn't even say he was great. Just said people are mixed about him and he's still better than most of Marvel movie villains to date
:mjlol::umad:

Says it all right there :scust:
the only positive things i've seen about jesse have been on this messageboard, specifically from people who have been anticipating the movie in the pinned thread. there isnt a mixed opinion about him.

and i didnt say you said he was great, you are :cape: for him to try and get at marvel. if you want to go that route you'd be best to go with zod who was actually a good villain. not that parody that was lex. for a film that was trying to be ultra serious and according to DC stans, the antithesis of marvel, the choice from the director and writers to have him as a zany caricature was one of the many poor choices they made in writing that film. caping for him makes no sense being that he is basically a SNL parody of marvel villains

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
the only positive things i've seen about jesse have been on this messageboard, specifically from people who have been anticipating the movie in the pinned thread. there isnt a mixed opinion about him.

and i didnt say you said he was great, you are :cape: for him to try and get at marvel. if you want to go that route you'd be best to go with zod who was actually a good villain. not that parody that was lex. for a film that was trying to be ultra serious the choice from the director and writers to have him as a zany caricature was one of the many poor choices they made in writing that film
That parody of Lex was still more than jank ass Yellow Jacket, Stane, Syndrome Killian, etc etc etc

There are good moments to be found. Its just a hate it or like it performance. No one ever talks about those other guys.:yeshrug:

Marvel decided not to give a fukk about villains outside of Loki. It is what it is. They are not hurting for it. Why should you? :ehh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That parody of Lex was still more than jank ass Yellow Jacket, Stane, Syndrome Killian, etc etc etc

There are good moments to be found. Its just a hate it or like it performance. No one ever talks about those other guys.:yeshrug:

Marvel decided not to give a fukk about villains outside of Loki. It is what it is. They are not hurting for it. Why should you? :ehh:
Did not like Jesse..........Zod I think is underrated as a villain imo
Though whenever I look at Marvel villains :patrice:
Especially the Mandarin shyt in Ironman 3 :martin:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

people are barely talking about lex now and will not be in the future so that point is :skip:

being that no one has said marvels films have been 10/10 the decision to harp on their villains by some on here is a little peculiar :jbhmm:

and you are right they arent hurting for it, neither is the general viewing audience who have continued to go see their 10+ movies for years now, so why do some continue to harp on their villains? it comes off as yeah that team won the championship but their starting center is wack. ok...:dame: CA CW seems to be getting a lot of love even though the one or two twitter users you sought out seem to not be fond of the villain so.....:dame:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
people are barely talking about lex now and will not be in the future so that point is :skip:

being that no one has said marvels films have been 10/10 the decision to harp on their villains by some on here is a little peculiar :jbhmm:

and you are right they arent hurting for it, neither is the general viewing audience who have continued to go see their 10+ movies for years now, so why do some continue to harp on their villains? it comes off as yeah that team won the championship but their starting center is wack. ok...:dame: CA CW seems to be getting a lot of love even though the one or two twitter users you sought out seem to not be found of the villain so.....:dame:

Because they're usually pretty important. Yet Marvel has figured out a way to make the villain irrelevant.

I said a few pages back maybe Marvel has got it right. Strengthen the hero and give no fukks about the villain = profit. :ehh:

I just think that flaw keeps Marvel from delivering that 10/10. :manny:

There is a reason Avengers (to me) is still the best Marvel movie. Loki is great :manny:

Just glad you basically admitted the villains are wack thats all. :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Because they're usually pretty important. Yet Marvel has figured out a way to make the villain irrelevant.

I said a few pages back maybe Marvel has got it right. Strengthen the hero and give no fukks about the villain = profit. :ehh:

I just think that flaw keeps Marvel from delivering that 10/10. :manny:

There is a reason Avengers (to me) is still the best Marvel movie. Loki is great :manny:

Just glad you basically admitted the villains are wack thats all. :yeshrug:
create a hero the audience can invest in over 2 hours and connect with = entertained audience = profit. an easy formula but as we've seen its not as easy to implement as it seems

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
create a hero the audience can invest in over 2 hours and connect with = entertained audience = profit. an easy formula but as we've seen its not as easy to implement as it seems
Yep. As long as the hero is good, people can ignore the other shyt quality :yeshrug:

I agree :manny:

DC needs to follow that formula.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
they been talking in circles since BvS dropped breh. when we are arguing that jesse eisenberg as the riddler lex luther was a good villain, we arent having a real conversation.

people argue that we gotta let them have super man be their own version dont judge him by the comics let him be emo super man but we gotta hold ultron strictly to the comics. in this universe ultron was created by tony hence him being snarky like tony i dont understand the difficulty with this
Considering marvel stans are always crying and bytching in every non mcu comic film thread any time a character is different I find it hilarious that every change marvel marvel makes gets a pass yet disney stans will Co plain for years about other studios doing the same shyt.

Marvel had the rights to ant man yet choose to make Tony the focal point of the story. Any other studio does that people complain non stop.

But marvel does it and :blessed:

Bunch of hypocrites :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yep. As long as the hero is good, people can ignore the other shyt quality :yeshrug:

backhanded compliments :salute:

being that the entire movie/story is based on the hero, yes as long as the hero is good the movie is likely to be good. if your movie is depending on the villain to make it or break it youve done a shyt job as a story teller. yall really trying to sit here and act like this is some new mindblowing formula that marvel just got lucky and stumbled upon, its story telling 101 :mjlol:

Marvel really got yall upset giving out backhanded compliments and caveats as to why they are successful :mjlol:

your heroes at DC just need to follow the formula of finding a competent director and team of writers then we can start talking about what they can do to make an enjoyable movie

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

No thanks.

Marvel's formula is just generic crowd pleasers so people can shut their brain off and tuck themselves into their captain America onesies at night and smile at how much "fun" they've had at the theatre :mjlol: it's ridiculous. The film's are so brain dead and safe they're the equivalent of baby food being tucked into a kids mouth while the parent makes airplane noises.

If you don't have a good villain you don't have a good story,period. They are literally half the story.

Marvel needs to be taken to task for Continuing to release weak children's films with shyt villains.