Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
:dahell: You serious the one more day arc was the shyt.... :banderas: Seeing Peter at his most desperate a fugitive from the law hunted by everyone and everything. Peter was on edge, put back on the black suit and beat the breaks off kingpin, iron man everyone who was fukking with him...

That Kingpin shyt was ill, but the overrall premise turns me off. Maybe ill get around to reading it
At first he said no and scoffed at joining them....

And then Hickman...:snoop:

Panther was ill in New Avenger: Illuminati. Tbh everybody had their moments, just a great series imo.

The way they did Cap was so dirty :mjlol:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Bought this today:

the_invincible_iron_man_shirt-rb8714dd5ccba4b459232a778b888426b_jyr6t_324.jpg

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
At first he said no and scoffed at joining them....

And then Hickman...:snoop:
To be fair Panther saw that the whole universe was in danger. It wasn't like the first time when they came to him for help with fukking with the Hulk for no damn reason.

After they explained their reasoning for messing with the Hulk I would hope Panther would be like :mjpls::ufdup: because they were wilding and he told them so.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm not really a fan of superhero movies, Batman vs Superman is probably the first superhero movie in 2+ years that I've been hyped for. With that in mind, is this movie worth seeing to someone not big on comic book movies?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm not really a fan of superhero movies, Batman vs Superman is probably the first superhero movie in 2+ years that I've been hyped for. With that in mind, is this movie worth seeing to someone not big on comic book movies?

What movies do you like that aren't comic book movies? Because you might wanna backtrack and watch Captain America Winter Soldier, that movie was piff, period. Best comic book movie since Dark Knight. :noah:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A big problem with a lot of these major cross overs is that many characters haven to be dumb downed or written out of character for the events to actually take place.

I actually always said Civil War with Tony and Cap in reverse roles would have made more sense given that Cap is a trained government official and owns everything he became to the government and their know-how, while Stark has always been an independent loner with the government breathing down his back and him always subverting things to escape being beholden to anyone. But to do that, they'd have to make Cap the bad guy and Marvel will NEVER do that.
Reversing the roles would have been even worse because historically Cap has told the US government to kick rocks and shove that Captain America suit up their ass on multiple occasions when he felt they were trying to be too controlling or were asking him to do shyt he disagreed with.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
A big problem with a lot of these major cross overs is that many characters haven to be dumb downed or written out of character for the events to actually take place.

I actually always said Civil War with Tony and Cap in reverse roles would have made more sense given that Cap is a trained government official and owns everything he became to the government and their know-how, while Stark has always been an independent loner with the government breathing down his back and him always subverting things to escape being beholden to anyone. But to do that, they'd have to make Cap the bad guy and Marvel will NEVER do that.
That's what makes it great, IMO. Cap's seen so much and realizes that the government can't be trusted 100% of the time, while Tony's afraid of any more people getting killed on his watch.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

but that's the irony in the entire thing.. people would think and expect Cap and Tony's roles to be reversed..

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

You're talking about the same guy who lied and created false medical information, aliases at four or five recruitment stations in order to join the Army in the first place? This dude doesn't like rules. He likes fighting for things he believes in and he doesn't like fighting for other people's agendas if they clash with his values. He didn't like the Nazis, which also instituted a registration system that had sinister outcomes. This is the same guy who disregarded a direct order from a CO and stole a jet to rescue an entire unit while he was employed as entertainment for the troops. Same dude that recruited his own team and went after Hydra on a renegade mission with no backup. Same guy who questioned the whole insight helicarrier project and lied to a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. official because he didn't trust the government organization he was working for. This is exactly who Steve Rogers is.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You're talking about the same guy who lied and created false medical information, aliases at four or five recruitment stations in order to join the Army in the first place? This dude doesn't like rules. He likes fighting for things he believes in and he doesn't like fighting for other people's agendas if they clash with his values. He didn't like the Nazis, which also instituted a registration system that had sinister outcomes. This is the same guy who disregarded a direct order from a CO and stole a jet to rescue an entire unit while he was employed as entertainment for the troops. Same dude that recruited his own team and went after Hydra on a renegade mission with no backup. Same guy who questioned the whole insight helicarrier project and lied to a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. official because he didn't trust the government organization he was working for. This is exactly who Steve Rogers is.

Steve trusts his instincts and like 90% of the time their right.... :yeshrug:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
People often misinterpret Steve's boy-scoutness. He's not a boy scout for authority or rules, he's a boy scout for his own morals.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Steve was to be the poster boy for WW2

he told tommy lee jones to go kick rocks so he can save bucky

steve was to be the poster boy of shield

he told sam jackson kick rocks so he can save Bucky and bring down the hella-carrier

steve was to be the poster boy for government over sight

he tells tony stark to go kick rocks so he can save bucky

its almost like theres a pattern :ohhh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Steve was to be the poster boy for WW2

he told tommy lee jones to go kick rocks so he can save bucky

steve was to be the poster boy of shield

he told sam jackson kick rocks so he can save Bucky and bring down the hella-carrier

steve was to be the poster boy for government over sight

he tells tony stark to go kick rocks so he can save bucky

its almost like theres a pattern :ohhh: