Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cats are completely misinterpreting what I meant. My point is that Tony isn't some bad guy for suggesting superheroes be held accountable for their actions. Yeah, in the comics pretty much all governments are corrupt. But suggesting that all heroes who choose to fight crime be somehow accounted for, as opposed to just doing whatever the fukk they want without checks and balances, isn't radical or evil. In the comics, the whole situation popped off because some Z-tier heroes wanted publicity so they started a video taped fight with some villians and a school ended up being blown up and hundreds died, mostly children. Can you blame Stark for wanting heroes to be held accountable and accounted for?
The general idea of registration is perfectly fine...the way Stark executed his version of registration was terrible and he acted like a c*nt from Day 1.
That is why I never understood why anyone was #TeamIronMan during the actual Civil War event comic.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
7Kn4RcG.jpg

Never thought I would see this on film :wow:

It is truly an incredible time to be alive.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To be fair to Tony (and Steve), the comics did a terrible job of the event from a practical standpoint imo.

For those unawares, it was passed as a federal law by Congress by the end of issue 1 of the series, so at that point what was there for Steve to do? Break out his arrested friends out of Tony's prison, maybe get Foggy to file grievances on behalf of the escaped/wanted fugitives that it wasn't a federally sanctioned maximum security prison? lol (unless it was federally sanctioned, i forget)... but really moot point b/c they'd still be right back to square one: escaped/wanted fugitives. Beating up Stark wasn't gonna solve that anymore than punching out Joe Biden would stop Obama Care.

i think they needed to have several ppl in congress and shield being outted as hydra in disguise and/or to have the whole school bus explosion be a cleverly crafted ploy by whatever villain to set it all in motion (to have all the heroes identities 'outed' for all villains to know, with Hydra plants already giving them orders). That way Steve would have had a logical out (prove the corruption, making the registration act null and void and having a valid point as ti why masks/secret identities are needed). It also would have given Tony Stark a way out too in that you could've had him genuine enough about the idea but just unawares that he was being played.

Then Spider-Man's involvement would've been even more impactful b/c the tactic would've worked in exposing his identity (and loved ones) to all his villains. Everything would've came full circle masterfully.. or at least that's how i would've done it.