Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I agree, I wish everyone would take hints from the way The Matrix, The Blair Witch, and Cloverfield was marketed. Drop that shyt a month before with only a little tease and watch the internet lose their shyt. I really think they underestimate how much mystery would work as a marketing ploy.

Cap Civil War is 2:26 minutes BVS 2:35 minutes we haven't seen shyt of either:heh::dead:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: yes the movie is now ruined cuz two trailers with less than 10 min of footage spoiled the entire plot and everything, cuz we all didn't know they wld fight or a registration act of some sorts wld be made because of previous actions in the other films. And how dare they show Spider-Man like dafuq :troll:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Dude. 95% of the audience isn't plugged into movie news like us. They need to be hit over the head in order to get excited.

Also, this:bryan:we're fukking nerds that know too much due to being fans of these before these movies wwre thought of due to the comics, animated shows, toys, or games:skip:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I remember hella people in the theater gasping and shyt all like:ohhh: when Winter Soldier lost his mask and it was revealed he was Bucky
Yo, I saw it Harlem. This West Indian women behind me said, "Whatahgwan?!" when Bucky's mask came off and the theater gasped. Her pre-teen son gave her the play by play to explain it was hilarious.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Cap Civil War is 2:26 minutes BVS 2:35 minutes we haven't seen shyt of either:heh::dead:

There have been 3-4 tv spots, trailers, and behind the scene specials for both, totaling over 15 min of some of the most revealing scenes. I already know that Bucky is gonna have a freak out and fight Steve, Sharon, and Tony before the real war breaks out. I already know that Tony is gonna block a direct shot to the face with new tech. I already know Black Panther is gonna catch Bucky in pursuit and kick his ass twice. I already know Rhodey is gonna get shot down and seriously injured. I know Spiderman is gonna come out of the sky and use his web to detain Cap and steal his shield. I know Cap and Bucky tag team Iron Man. I mean obviously they haven't revealed the entire movie and I don't know everything, but what I'm saying is that I really don't think I needed to know all of that before seeing the movie because I would have bought a ticket anyway. Maybe it's a personal preference. I still would love to see the reaction to a more veiled marketing approach.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
There have been 3-4 tv spots, trailers, and behind the scene specials for both, totaling over 15 min of some of the most revealing scenes. I already know that Bucky is gonna have a freak out and fight Steve, Sharon, and Tony before the real war breaks out. I already know that Tony is gonna block a direct shot to the face with new tech. I already know Black Panther is gonna catch Bucky in pursuit and kick his ass twice. I already know Rhodey is gonna get shot down and seriously injured. I know Spiderman is gonna come out of the sky and use his web to detain Cap and steal his shield. I know Cap and Bucky tag team Iron Man. I mean obviously they haven't revealed the entire movie and I don't know everything, but what I'm saying is that I really don't think I needed to know all of that before seeing the movie because I would have bought a ticket anyway. Maybe it's a personal preference. I still would love to see the reaction to a more veiled marketing approach.

And we still know Thanos is gonna get those infinity stones :mjpls:

Which means Vision either gonna get killed eventually or be less powerful.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude. 95% of the audience isn't plugged into movie news like us. They need to be hit over the head in order to get excited.

For a movie like this I doubt it...1 trailer would have suffice especially since this is the third movie. I know people who aren't into comics who hardly if ever watch TV and they have been looking forward to this since winter soldier

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
For a movie like this I doubt it...1 trailer would have suffice especially since this is the third movie. I know people who aren't into comics who hardly if ever watch TV and they have been looking forward to this since winter soldier
What you want now is to get people who never saw the first 2. Add to the audience, not cater to the existing one. Like you said, they seeing it regardless.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-superhero-landing-deadpool-01a.gif

captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-superhero-landing-deadpool-01b.gif

captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-superhero-landing-deadpool-01c.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Cats are completely misinterpreting what I meant. My point is that Tony isn't some bad guy for suggesting superheroes be held accountable for their actions. Yeah, in the comics pretty much all governments are corrupt. But suggesting that all heroes who choose to fight crime be somehow accounted for, as opposed to just doing whatever the fukk they want without checks and balances, isn't radical or evil. In the comics, the whole situation popped off because some Z-tier heroes wanted publicity so they started a video taped fight with some villians and a school ended up being blown up and hundreds died, mostly children. Can you blame Stark for wanting heroes to be held accountable and accounted for?