Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They really cant
Its almost amazing how they managed to make it pop with the animated shyt with them bland ass characters
DC like the brand of comics for muthafukkas who cant dunk
What's funny is that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie (RIP to that symbol of black excellence) were the two guys behind DC's animated universe (Justice League/JLU) and they pretty much set the predecessor to what the Marvel and DC studios have been doing/trying to do now for comic film.

i.e. making joint universes (Batman TAS and Superman TAS) and turning them into giant diverse teams (they made John Stewart the most popular/well known mainstream GL for almost a decade), which then could eventually turn into other creative minds (like those behind Young Justice) taking the template and creating legacy characters to carry the torch (Nightwing, Kalduar, Blue Beetle, etc) that JLU started (even as an indirect/soft reboot follow up).

Of course BvS and their entire line is still a month away form getting started, so may be very successful critically and financially, but in my perfect comic world Dwayne would still be alive and him and Bruce would be the creative heads behind the cinematic venture.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When In the 50's? What film are you talking about Because what Marvel did with Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk etc...was something that wasn't done before.
This is again a lie perpetuated by marvel stans.

Universal had solo monster films that led to a team up film. Its been done before.

And when they announced plans to revive it people had the audacity to say they were copying marvel.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Maybe people need to realise there are more than ONE way to build a universe.. its like you guys are so warped in what marvel does that you've forced yourself to believe its the ONLY way.. its not
Yeah man that's a cool alternative to what Marvel is doing plus it differentiates between the two even further. Why wouldn't yall wanna see the Justice League get to the screen quicker anyway I really don't feel like waiting five years for the solo films for all the members shyt ain't necessary IMO especially how they seem to be setting it up in BVS. I like the fact that JL jumps off their solo films :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah man that's a cool alternative too what Marvel is doing plus it differentiates between the two even further.

It's not an alternative though. It's DC trying to cash in without doing the leg work. IF DC would have done this first. Dropped Superman, then Batman, then Wonder Woman, then Green Lantern, Then Flash and then culminated in a Justice League film, they would have obliterated marvel. Who the fukk is a Iron Man in comparison to either of those characters historically? But they blew it. If they were smart they would have just copied the Marvel Playbook instead they are cashing out. Now is that bad thing, no. But it is what it is.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
What's funny is that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie (RIP to that symbol of black excellence) were the two guys behind DC's animated universe (Justice League/JLU) and they pretty much set the predecessor to what the Marvel and DC studios have been doing/trying to do now for comic film.

i.e. making joint universes (Batman TAS and Superman TAS) and turning them into giant diverse teams (they made John Stewart the most popular/well known mainstream GL for almost a decade), which then could eventually turn into other creative minds (like those behind Young Justice) taking the template and creating legacy characters to carry the torch (Nightwing, Kalduar, Blue Beetle, etc) that JLU started (even as an indirect/soft reboot follow up).

Of course BvS and their entire line is still a month away form getting started, so may be very successful critically and financially, but in my perfect comic world Dwayne would still be alive and him and Bruce would be the creative heads behind the cinematic venture.
Thats too bad

Now muthafukkas need to step up or get stepped on

I had fun the other day watching Justice League Unlimited on Netflix
But I aint know who half those fukkin characters were
Hawkgirl??
Even my peoples who could care less about comics will head to the flix just off hearing Hulk there alone

*Big Pun voice

"Marvel for the hood!" :deadmanny:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's not an alternative though. It's DC trying to cash in without doing the leg work. IF DC would have done this first. Dropped Superman, then Batman, then Wonder Woman, then Green Lantern, Then Flash and then culminated in a Justice League film, they would have obliterated marvel. Who the fukk is a Iron Man in comparison to either of those characters historically? But they blew it. If they were smart they would have just copied the Marvel Playbook instead they are cashing out. Now is that bad thing, no. But it is what it is.
It is an alternative though they could've decided to do the solo films and then have it lead to JL but they didn't. I feel like it won't matter how they get to the Justice League anyway all that matters is if the movies leading up to it are good and JL itself is good.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm not knocking it. To be honest I'm way more excited for Suicide Squad than BVS but that's just me. Plus I think BVS will be good, no way DC throws 200+ million at this film and it turns out trash. BUT, I'm not going to lie, The reason the Avengers and these films have been so captivating is because of the build up. Now, do I think Any of it will match The Avengers? No. Because ultimately that was the plan from the beginning. But when They put ALL these folks in the film and the way they did it organically. I can't help but be like WOW. that is fukking dope. I mean, who the fukk needs WW in Batman Vs Superman. WW is an icon. Aquaman. Aquaman is an icon. Flash. Flash is an icon. These aren't characters like War Machine, or Antman. These are people who should have their own standalone films upon introduction IMO.

No. fukk build ups, that shyt is annoying now like Thanos. Is he gonna pop up in every movie until IW with 10 secs of screen time like "I'm almost ready" :beli: