Capcom President: "price of games is too low"

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These greedy b*stards...:scust: first it was $60 then current gen $70 per game... now y'all want more... Does any company make any game out worth it's price with NO GLITCHES or Crashes??? most of these games not even worth $60 greedy b*stards be grateful y'all getting $70 per... shyt is getting ridiculous

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn it’s really slowing down?
Console market. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Steam have had about the same amount of users, the last 3 generations. Ratios have changed a bit but ultimately there’s about 250 million people willing to buy and and play AAA console games.

Costs keep rising and that number stays the same.

All the growth has been mobile, Pc, Cloud, GAAS, which is why we see all the investment in that side of things from the major players.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Console market. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Steam have had about the same amount of users, the last 3 generations. Ratios have changed a bit but ultimately there’s about 250 million people willing to buy and and play AAA console games.

All the growth has been mobile, Pc, Cloud, GAAS, which is why we see all the investment in that side of things from the major players.
they half assed the fukk out of street fighter the duel or whatever the mobile game was called too :mjlol: sent that shyt out to die and its still doing millions monthly. you know they had an all-hands meeting over it too

people better get ready to accept subscription services on top of early access bumps fr

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Not really, i read a while back it’s retailers that have dictated that all retail games should cost the same. Something about shelf space and in store promotions. Publishers sign contracts with retailers that make the game prices uniform.
Retailers? shyt is mostly digital right now playa

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Damn, if that’s the case, I can see the problem. Maybe they should stop trying to keep going bigger and more expensive, and try to get back into the AA scene we used to have :ehh: Cost less, lower barrier of entry for the consumer, and maybe bring some more brand recognition in with a new IP.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
3 years early access at full price using an already established and popular IP.

Not really a sustainable or repeatable situation for most devs.
Ppl gave devs so much shyt for speaking on the BG3 situation but this was essentially what they were saying. It had almost 5 year dev time, 3 of which in EA. Established IP with a successful movie adjacent to it the year of full release. Gonna be awhile before you see something like this again lmao.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ijs if we're talking titles by value (however you decide to measure it, all kinds of subjective stuff in that) - MH titles would always be near the top

if any company is gonna start this dialogue.... well, capcom ain't a bad choice
I was only being halfway facetious. I’m tired of the publishers talking about this shyt. They’re not gonna guilt mf’s in this economy into paying more for games, so they’re really only playing to their peers.

That’s why I say stop talking the woe is me shyt, and see if y’all (devs/pubs) really got it like that. Put the price where you think it belongs, and sink or swim

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Ppl gave devs so much shyt for speaking on the BG3 situation but this was essentially what they were saying. It had almost 5 year dev time, 3 of which in EA. Established IP with a successful movie adjacent to it the year of full release. Gonna be awhile before you see something like this again lmao.
tbf a lot of those devs had been cranking out bullshyt and deserved to be reminded what a quality project looked like that didn't have map revealing towers or collectibles every 10ft lol...

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I was only being halfway facetious. I’m tired of the publishers talking about this shyt. They’re not gonna guilt mf’s in this economy into paying more for games, so they’re really only playing to their peers.

That’s why I say stop talking the woe is me shyt, and see if y’all (devs/pubs) really got it like that. Put the price where you think it belongs, and sink or swim
nah i feel you, but that's what i mean by titles like destiny, mobile, and loyalty backed/funded titles are making the bigger - and even the better companies like capcom - reassess their position

people *will* buy a 100 dollar MH. happily too.

companies on the fringe with new IPs will be the ones to feel it as they're having to tell investors even today that shyt is risky and all or nothing.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah i feel you, but that's what i mean by titles like destiny, mobile, and loyalty backed/funded titles are making the bigger - and even the better companies like capcom - reassess their position

people *will* buy a 100 dollar MH. happily too.

companies on the fringe with new IPs will be the ones to feel it as they're having to tell investors even today that shyt is risky and all or nothing.
I feel like the service model is exactly where they should experiment/test it out first. I’m not really into the live games, but I’m surprised if that isn’t exactly already the case (although I guess they do test shyt out, like moving Destiny to F2P)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Imagine Ubi, Microsoft, EA, Sony, Etc talmbout “buy this early access game for $60 and we will finish it when we are ready”

nikkas would go crazy :mjol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
THAT'S MY POINT!!! :why:

Games were more expensive then son stop bytching!!! They are STILL cheaper than they should be today!!! :dead:
You are thinking about it backwards.

$50 then would feel like $125 now compared to the rest of goods and services.

Games are clearly not $125 right now.

I should put you being dumb in my sig :mjlol: