Capcom President: "price of games is too low"

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
during the famicom days, there was no such thing as DLC/Microtransactions/pre-order bonuses.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Games were more expensive in the past. :yeshrug:

Studios take 4-6 years to create a game consisting of 100’s of developers and charge just 60-70 dollars for entertainment that you get at the very least 20 hours out of. Why is that considered “ripping off consumers”?

Thats like a typical dinner for two without drinks. Gamers aren’t marks, they are entitled

during the famicom days, there was no such thing as DLC/Microtransactions/pre-order bonuses.
Sony stans. :scust:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are thinking about it backwards.

$50 then would feel like $125 now compared to the rest of goods and services.

Games are clearly not $125 right now.

I should put you being dumb in my sig :mjlol:

:snoop:

But what should I expect from the dude who thinks Japan is behind us timewise.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't wanna hear cats bytching about game prices after paying almost a Hundo for SF2 in 1991. Ain't having it.

If games go back to $95-$100 a pop i will fukking quit buying any new game at all...:camby: Those old cartridges was because oh cartiriges was expensive to make. then when CD's was made it's a cheaper medium so we pay less. now we gotta pay more because AAA games cost more to develop??? who's fukking fault is that???:what: y'all acting like y'all can't make video games on a budget FOH... Also y'all got the in house devs and resources to make these games how they perform is ON YOU!!!! :ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop:

But what should I expect from the dude who thinks Japan is behind us timewise.
Damn breh don’t you have a masters degree or something?

You think the price of goods and services has gone down over the years?

You know the value of money generally goes down over the years, so if something has stayed the same price over time it’s lost value.

Like you are an investor right? If you put $50 in a stock and come back 20 years later and pull that same $50 out, you lost money right?

Sony stanning hasn’t totally broken your brain has it.??

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Roadmaps and season passes for full priced multiplayer games already exist.
Yes and no.

If a game cost $60 it’s generally expected to be “complete” even if there are plans for the future,

The multiplayer games that do cost full price but don’t have full content usually get shytted on. Hell free games that don’t push enough content get shytted on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Damn breh don’t you have a masters degree or something?

You think the price of goods and services has gone down over the years?

You know the value of money generally goes down over the years, so if something has stayed the same price over time it’s lost value.

Like you are an investor right? If you put $50 in a stock and come back 20 years later and pull that same $50 out, you lost money right?

Sony stanning hasn’t totally broken your brain has it.??

My mother in law teaches finance and constantly bytches about money not being shyt nowadays

You got it backwards fam

I bought SF2 in 1991 for 1990. 90 dollars of buying power is the equivalent of 202 dollars today

IMG-7217.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My mother in law teaches finance and constantly bytches about money not being shyt nowadays

You got it backwards fam

I bought SF2 in 1991 for 1990. 90 dollars of buying power is the equivalent of 202 dollars today

IMG-7217.png
But it don’t cost $202 today. it cost $60 meaning the price has gone down.

You serious right now breh :dwillhuh: