Can't front no more, Kendrick Lamar is trash...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
for the life of me, I can't remember any of his lines that stick to me in the Black Panther soundtrack. It's crazy how he's hailed the lyricist of this generation :mindblown: The bar is set so low.

He just rambles. I can do all that ramblimg too. Just find two words that rhymes and try to use them in a bar with a psuedo-conscious talking points
Thats where the spirit of this thread came from, listening to the BP soundtrack

The best songs were him not on it, doing adlibs for other nikkas...

That Sza song pissed me off the most though. It was a beautiful track but this non-coherent nikka just spewed garbage over it and completely fukked the song up to me.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
He’s not trash.

It’s just I see how people truly listen to him doesn’t follow how much money he has behind him

I have never seen an artist with this type of money @ push behind him.

tenor.gif

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
One of the hardest lyrical artist in the game. Keep in mind OP will turn right around and Bump artist like Drake, Migos, and Future and call that "lit" music..........

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

SunGod

All Star
Daps
Damn near everyone I fukk with in real life on some music shyt with feels the same way on the low.

But they always preface it with: "I mean, don't get me wrong, he's dope as hell BUT nah I can't get into his stuff like that."

:dead: How can you not get into a rapper if he's dope? It's like people are afraid to admit they think dude is trash.
True story. Real nikkas don't listen to Kendrick in these streets.

:birdman:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Red Light, Green Light, Red Light Green light, Fast Car!! :skip:

GKMC is forever classic but I struggle with him outside of that. WOAT features artist, the bizzaro land Busta in that regard. This era with him Drake & Cole at the forefront is super extra mediocre. That said, he's the best of the three...
maybe in making albums but Cole and Canada Dry would wash him thoroughly on wax.
Standards are so low this era

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
One of the hardest lyrical artist in the game. Keep in mind OP will turn right around and Bump artist like Drake, Migos, and Future and call that "lit" music..........
:mjlol:

I'll bump anyone that makes a good song.

I don't have not one Migos, Drake, or Future song in rotation at the moment. I got Nipsey, Krit, and some old shyt excluding the BP soundtrack at the moment. Especially not Migos. So...

fukk Kendrick and fukk you too:umad:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I've said this since the beginning. His rhymes are NOT memorable and his voice reminds me of Amil :hhh:

Horrible rap voice
This has been long debated in the Booth. Kendrick has no quotables and No matter how good well you can rap what’s the point if you can’t say things in cool enough way that it sticks with folks

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
:russell:he posted this in TLR because all the nikkas in here some crab in a bucket type cats. Dude is far from trash, overrated? Arguably, last album wasn't that great to me as tpab or gkmc but to say he is trash is a reach.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
Finally bout time welcome to the light OP :myman: fukk Kendrick cyborg rapping ass he only sounds good to simpleton ass nikkaz who think rapping fast automatically makes you the best

The only nikkaz I've ever seen bump his shyt was back pack nikkaz who say fake deep shyt :mjlol:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been rocking with Kendrick before it was cool. But im just tired of him saying random shyt with no meaning and nikkas that don't understand real lyricism putting him on a pedestal because hes saying shyt they don't understand

Like I understand what he says most of the time and it has shyt to do with anything 90% of the time afterwards.

This is almost word for word what I said after he dropped that Control verse.

I was arguing that Big Sean had the best verse on that track... and i'll STILL argue that Big Sean had the best verse on that track.