Candice Wiggins(WNBA) retired due to dyke bullying?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I'm saying that you and others doubting this woman are full of shyt. Thought I was clear. What are your reasons for doubting her? What's the other side? I haven't seen any valid reasons to call or imply that this chic is a liar. People just seem to be attacking her and her credibility because they don't like what she's said. Ifs hypocritical and contradictory because "victim-blaming" is an accusation thrown around a lot by the liberal left.

Exactly, these are the SAME motherfukkers who say that you can NEVER dare doubt a woman who says she got raped. Women never lie about it.

Then, when it's convenient in situations like this or when Bill Clinton gets accused of rape, then they all of a sudden start believing that women can lie about shyt

Damn some of those chicks got girlfriends too

I know number 15, 11, and 8 got one

Dude, #4 looks like Red Auerbach.:hhh:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The WNBA isnt 98% gay so off top I'm inclined to not believe much of what she says.

Many women are mentally weak and i am sure would do some gay shyt if peer pressured enough.....they circle probaly consist of teamates,so they are being pressured socially and proffesionally damn near around the clock.....i knew a couple chicks who was girly girl and turned stud once they start playing b ball:mjcry:

Dont send your daughters to a school full of nothing but cacs:mjpls:.

Dont let your daughters play basketball:mjcry:

These are the rules.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I got so many homies that won't let thier daughters play b ball. All have the same reason. Seems like it's a new way to try to turn girls gay. That agenda is real
They Andre Iggy'in it to their daughters....

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Damn that's wild but believable. These dykes love to try and turn a straight chick out. Young M.A even said she don't like going after already gay girls, she wants the straight ones.
That's because Young M.A and those stud ones are already hella masculine...I cant see them wanting a gay girl with masculine traits and mannerisms. They want a soft and feminine woman with make up, heels, and feminine looks and mannerisms. Its like how very feminine gay men and trannies want those masculine thug niqqas because they don't want a feminine niqqa like themselves. Even some gays have to have balance...that part of the gay shyt makes a lil sense.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Dear Candice,

I grew up in LA. Every year we would drive down to San Diego and play La Jolla Country Day, known as Kelsey Plum’s alma mater now, but back then, it was your school. I would walk around the school and the gym and see your name, murals of you. You were a big deal. Early on in my college decision process, Stanford was my dream school. Another place you had left your mark. To say I looked up to you was an understatement. So, imagine my hurt when I read your article about your time in the WNBA.

First, I was sad because that was your reality. I’m sorry you were bullied and felt that way during your career. Bullying is serious and no one deserves it. I hope you know that says more about the people who chose to mistreat you than you yourself. I hope one day your love for this sport returns, even if only as a spectator. I don’t know you personally nor was I there so I can’t deny your experiences nor would I try to. But I will defend a league I grew up with and am now a part of. Have you or did you ever reach out to the union? Did you confront these women?

Candice, I’m disappointed in you. We should be careful of who we allow to share our stories. We must be sure they not only respect the other parties but do their due diligence and only print facts. You stated that, “98% of the women in the league are gay” – that’s not only false but it’s unfair. You retired last year, have you met all 144 of us and been privy to our private lives? In your “research” did you really find only 3 women were straight? Do you know that orientation is not binary? Do you understand what you’ve done? You’ve reinforced unfair stereotypes. A person’s orientation is their own and their business. Now, because of your article, it is no longer out of bounds to ask WNBA players about their sexuality. Do they ask any male stars in the NBA about their sexuality? Is it even a conversation?

You said, “Nobody cares about the WNBA. Viewership is minimal. Ticket sales are very low. They give away tickets and people don’t come to the game.” And that’s simply not true. When you retired in March, you said the reason you stuck around so long and kept fighting through injury was because of the fans. Did you know our ticket sales and viewership increased this year? Did you care to know? Your article hurt me Candice, both as your fellow WNBA player and as a little girl who looked up to you. You chose to typecast an entire league instead of speaking your peace, telling your truth. You chose to put all of us down, fans included. How can you turn your back on an entity that gave you your career, your upcoming book, and your worldwide acclaim? I think that’s selfish.

This league is bigger than you Candice, it’s bigger than me too. This league is the largest women’s league in the world. We promote women from ALL walks of life. Yes, that includes homosexual women, heterosexual women, bisexual women, and the many other ways you can identify. We promote women of color. Do you realize that they only talk about our sexuality because we are women? That there very well may be these feelings in men’s sports but no one mentions it because no one cares. You see, they don’t ask male athletes about when they plan on having children or their families unless the athlete’s themselves introduce the topic. I like to believe that as a woman, I can do the same. I can play the sport I love professionally without having to involve my personal life. I’m married, to a man, but that’s not something I feel the need to announce mainly because it is accepted. Whether you want to admit it or not, a lot of people saw that fake statistic and looked at it negatively because it says lesbians. Do you feel that way too?

I don’t want to silence you Candice. I hope we can have an open dialogue about your experiences. But next time, I hope you ask your journalist to interview someone else who was there with you. I ask that you use real statistics. I ask that you not try to out other women. I ask that you try not to defame a league that gave you your platform, whether you like it or not. I ask that you remember your sisters, your fellow WNBA stars, the young girls coming up after you. The WNBA is about inclusion, always has been and always will be. There is literally a woman from every walk of life in the league, which is why I love it so much. I have never experienced the bullying you spoke about, and I hope no one else ever does. Thank you for telling your truth.

With Love,

Imani Boyette

Imani Boyette | Dear Candice,

Last edited:

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Former No. 3 pick Candice Wiggins on WNBA's 'harmful' culture of bullying, jealousy

http://deadspin.com/candice-wiggins-claims-she-was-bullied-for-being-straig-1792571231

Candice Wiggins Says She Was Bullied During WNBA Career

89fe2abb8f320ee46b79cbde377c4874.jpg

I don't watch the wnba whatsoever but I found this article interesting.... sexy baller bytches getting ran off the court by studs.... :mjlol:
Shoulda called Yo Gotti

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
That's because Young M.A and those stud ones are already hella masculine...I cant see them wanting a gay girl with masculine traits and mannerisms. They want a soft and feminine woman with make up, heels, and feminine looks and mannerisms. Its like how very feminine gay men and trannies want those masculine thug niqqas because they don't want a feminine niqqa like themselves. Even some gays have to have balance...that part of the gay shyt makes a lil sense.
There are pretty/feminine lesbians tho. Some studs like Young MA specifically want to flip a straight girl tho. Like it's a mission to them.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
They done flipped the script on her. Making her out to be anti gay.

Thank you, @SportsCenter + #TheSix @jemelehill @michaelsmith for having me on. It was impt for me to join my W colleagues in speaking out. I wanted to share some things we talked about that did not make the cut #WNBA #TheSix. I am not denying Candice her experience. I am truly sorry for any pain she has endured, but my time in the W has been very different.

I have found the WNBA to be one of the most affirming places you can be. Our league has been a leader on inclusion + progressive action. We also are young, but growing. The @WNBA can share specific business metrics, but there is no evidence to support we are not making gains. The #StormCrazies and all the little girls waiting after the game ARE evidence enough for me that what we do matters.

Let’s worry less about if 98% is “accurate” and ask why: Why does anybody care? Even if it was 100%, WHY DOES IT MATTER??? Second why: Why is this story getting so much coverage? Why are outlets who never write about us picking THIS 1-source story up? Regardless of her personal experience, her broad based stereotypical claims amount to an attack on the LGBT community and WNBA. I will not stand for that and shame on any outlet that would push a story with only 1 source making broad statements that do real harm. People must be accountable for the things they say. Words matter and #FactsMatter.

I want to make sure that every little girl understands that basketball is a safe place for her to be herself and achieve things. I see this as an oppty for dialogue. Like we stood with #BlackLivesMatter I am proud to represent a league unafraid of impt conversation.

:hhh:

Breanna Stewart gave a thoughtful response to Candice Wiggins’ comments about the WNBA