Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
That time was last year. We finished the season on an 8 game losing streak and that was with a fourth year coach. Not to mention that 5 of those were at home. The Bears fired Lovie Smith after a 10-6 record. There are obviously different expectations for success here at Detroit than in other places.

i kinda give him a pass last year

we been bad for so long, and he had took us to the playoffs the year before

he did build a dominant d-line during his time here though

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
lions dont make the playoffs...is it time to fire Schwartz?

So many things wrong with the Lions point to coaching, they would be dumb not to. If they can get a Dungy, Lovie Smith and even Gruden to come here he needs to be :camby: Even Tomlin would be an upgrade if the Steelers do fire him, Jack Del Rio would be a decent replacement too.

If the choices are NFL retreads or college coaches, even if it's a successful college coach I'd keep Schwartz unless he really has lost the lockerroom with these "ain't scared" comments. This team needs a coach with NFL experience and if possible come from a great NFL coaching pedigree tree.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
So many things wrong with the Lions pointing to coaching, they would be dumb not to. If they can get a Dungy, Lovie Smith and even Gruden to come here he needs to be :camby: Even Tomlin would be an upgrade if the Steelers do fire him, Jack Del Rio would be a decent replacement too.

If the choices are NFL retreads or college coaches, even if it's a successful college coach I'd keep Schwartz unless he really has lost the lockerroom with these "ain't scared" comments. This team needs a coach with NFL experience and if possible come from a great NFL coaching pedigree tree.

:lawd: Preach my nikka. I'd prefer a defensive coach though. I'd love for Lovie to come here. Gruden is never leaving MNF. Dungy is never leaving SNF. Mike Tomlin would be chin checking nikkas in the locker room. That said, a defense coach doesn't fix Stafford's flaws. We go as far as our QB and as was shown, he is second to last in completion percentage. We should have had this division sewn up, and fighting for a first round bye. I was watching the Steelers/Bengals yesterday and they got us listed "In The Hunt" with all the other busta squads while the Bears are in the lead, at least for now. Even if we win this division, the point of the matter is that is shouldn't have come to this. We had a two game lead and it's gone, fukking gone. :sadbron: :sadbron::sadbron:.............So everyone, from William Ford on down needs to be fukking gone.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
lions dont make the playoffs...is it time to fire Schwartz?
Its time to fire him anyway .. Schwartz took'em as far as he can take them. He made them tough but he didnt give them a winning additude . Watching the post game interviews when they lose is basically him and stafford like = :manny: yea we fukked up . hopefully we do better

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Detroit should win tonight, but Baltimore has a knack for winning games they shouldn't. I don't feel great about this one. :lupe:

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
BJUptonIsNotImpressed.gif

Over Under on the times we have this reaction tonight...5.5?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lions need to hire someone who can correct Stafford's mechanics. He works hard but his inaccuracy downfield is stunning; hell he even misses easy screen passes. You can tell that his throwing mechanics are bent toward throwing at large targets, due to playing with Megatron. Even inaccurate balls can hit him due to his wingspan, as long as it's not behind him. But that doesn't work when throwing a screen pass to an RB, or hitting a slot WR down field for a bomb. He constantly overthrows people downfield, wide open throws that a Brees or Manning would effortlessly complete.

I get the impression Schwartz and the offensive OC aren't saying shyt to Stafford about this. It's like they're babying a rookie QB, but dude is a vet now. Favre played very sloppy with side arm throws too and lots of INTs, but he also hit people down field. He also made tons of big plays. It seems to me that most of Stafford's big plays are screen plays that catch the defense off guard or jump ball throws to a stationary Megatron. How many times does he hit Megatron in stride outside of short slant passes?

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Lions need to hire someone who can correct Stafford's mechanics. He works hard but his inaccuracy downfield is stunning; hell he even misses easy screen passes. You can tell that his throwing mechanics are bent toward throwing at large targets, due to playing with Megatron. Even inaccurate balls can hit him due to his wingspan, as long as it's not behind him. But that doesn't work when throwing a screen pass to an RB, or hitting a slot WR down field for a bomb. He constantly overthrows people downfield, wide open throws that a Brees or Manning would effortlessly complete.

I get the impression Schwartz and the offensive OC aren't saying shyt to Stafford about this. It's like they're babying a rookie QB, but dude is a vet now. Favre played very sloppy with side arm throws too and lots of INTs, but he also hit people down field. He also made tons of big plays. It seems to me that most of Stafford's big plays are screen plays that catch the defense off guard or jump ball throws to a stationary Megatron. How many times does he hit Megatron in stride outside of short slant passes?

My cousin in atl told me about stafford when the lions drafted him because he a Georgia fan. And the exact shyt he said about stafford then is still the problem now.