Can We Finally Admit GoW Ragnarok Was Mid?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cac reviews don’t mean much of anything in any other context.

Same cac opinions y’all shyt on when they go against something you like :camby:

lol at cac reviews.... :mjlol:

VAST MAJORITY OF REVIEWS loved the game but go ahead and cook with this go against the grain nonsense yall like doing.

Carry on. :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
But that’s where it stops. The loot and leveling system don’t matter. There’s only like two or three weapons throughout the game, And outside a few of the bosses none of the encounters are particularly challenging. You are never really forced out of your comfort zone or to learn new things or gain new skills/equipment/weapons to find success.
that's how I felt about Spiderman. but I found GoW more engaging. even if it was only with the bosses and Valkyries, that's more than Spiderman had

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
doing too much fam.

at least pick a better game to use as an example. this ain't it.
This is the perfect game to talk about it imo.

And it’s not even just about this game. It goes for all media.

Most times for a thing to be universally popular it has to be very safe. Can’t be too challenging, can’t lean into any kinda specific comedy or drama or controversy. In order to score high 80s 90 on metacritc a game has to appeal universally. They aren’t gonna make you backtrack to find the correct item/weapon. They aren’t gonna have a boss or enemy force you to pull out that weapon or skill you’ve been ignoring. Not gonna throw new challenges or difficulty spikes at you.

I feel the same way about nintendo games. They look and feel really good. Mario has top notch platforming. But they never really challenge you. You are never really forced to use yours or mario’s skills in a real meaningful way unless you challenge yourself with arbitrary conditions or you collect your way to star road or some shyt :smh:

You guys are gonna say it’s console wars, but i hold this opinion across all media. Most of the most popular things are kinda boring to me cause they gotta appeal to the most people without taking any risks or chances:manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This is the perfect game to talk about it imo.

And it’s not even just about this game. It goes for all media.

Most times for a thing to be universally popular it has to be very safe. Can’t be too challenging, can’t lean into any kinda specific comedy or drama or controversy. In order to score high 80s 90 on metacritc a game has to appeal universally. They aren’t gonna make you backtrack to find the correct item/weapon. They aren’t gonna have a boss or enemy force you to pull out that weapon or skill you’ve been ignoring. Not gonna throw new challenges or difficulty spikes at you.

I feel the same way about nintendo games. They look and feel really good. Mario has top notch platforming. But they never really challenge you. You are never really forced to use yours or mario’s skills in a real meaningful way unless you challenge yourself with arbitrary conditions or you collect your way to star road or some shyt :smh:

You guys are gonna say it’s console wars, but i hold this opinion across all media. Most of the most popular things are kinda boring to me cause they gotta appeal to the most people without taking any risks or chances:manny:
Sure. We'll believe you when you unbiasedly apply that same shyt to Xbox games, since you never do there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely wild example:mjlol:
Dude literally just be trolling, I'm convinced.

You literally have gravestone bosses in Ragnarok that are tough as nails and get much easier when you level up and come back when you bigger and badder.

T9oY2Zb.png

Leveling system and loot doesn't matter even though you literally use the loot to upgrade weapons, armor, weapon attachments and abilities. Dudes just be saying anything lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dude literally just be trolling, I'm convinced.

You literally have gravestone bosses in Ragnarok that are tough as nails and get much easier when you level up and come back when you bigger and badder.

T9oY2Zb.png

Leveling system and loot doesn't matter even though you literally use the loot to upgrade weapons, armor, weapon attachments and abilities. Dudes just be saying anything lol.

Yeah, no point wiht bothering to engage at this point. Hogwarts combat is cute but its mindless

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No way you played GOWR and don't recognize there's some build variety.

Obviously progression is going to happen by nature of just following the story and you aren't ever locked out of changing your style due to misplaced points. Mensch trolling

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
there's a segment of gamers that will criticize the combat in any non-FromSoftware game. they're kind of insufferable

I thought GoW 2018 had good combat. but Spiderman's combat got boring
yeah the fromsoft fanboys that think fukking soulsborne is the pinnacle of combat systems are fukking weirdos to me

the most insufferable gamer types for sure

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No way you played GOWR and don't recognize there's some build variety.

Obviously progression is going to happen by nature of just following the story and you aren't ever locked out of changing your style due to misplaced points. Mensch trolling
What “build variety”???? there’s 2 weapons :dahell:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land