can we agree that John Calipari and Roy Williams are not good coaches?

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
The same Bill Self that couldn't even win Coach of the Year in the Big 10 while posted in Illinois? He magically became a great coach when he got to Lawrence or do you wanna continue like an adult and realize winning a ship isn't the end all be all to being a good coach?

i dont know why seing the illini shared the big ten title twice and not to mention he led the illini to a #1 seed and eilte 8 appearance

now we can be serious im not saying it easy to win a title at all takes alot but if you look at roy in kansas all the great teams he had he never won it

in like 2 years at unc he did

did he see the talent at unc a go there for that purpose

how do you leave a team you just took the title game explain this one

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah that's right, my bad. I don't have a problem with that recruiting style, cal is doing that more now after this year. Saw absolutely no difference between Barnes in his first and second year. Barnes was so hyped out of high school it was ridiculous and he stayed two years. Look at mcadoo. Killed his draft stock for next year. Barnes is a one year player under cal.

Barnes shooting % and defense increased a lot between year one and two. And as you can see, Mccadoo got exposed once he became #1 on the scouting report. Playing a year fighting thru that will help him in the long run. Marvin Williams couldve used the same treatment. Different programs for different folks. Cal get you ready for contract #1 , while the Roy's and Izzo's of the world get you ready for contract #2 and #3 .

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know why seing the illini shared the big ten title twice and not to mention he led the illini to a #1 seed and eilte 8 appearance

now we can be serious im not saying it easy to win a title at all takes alot but if you look at roy in kansas all the great teams he had he never won it

in like 2 years at unc he did

did he see the talent at unc a go there for that purpose

how do you leave a team you just took the title game explain this one

Roy left because Dean and the alumni called him home after the Daugherty debacle. Is Roy the best to do it? No. But he's far from bad as the OP suggested.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah that's right, my bad. I don't have a problem with that recruiting style, cal is doing that more now after this year. Saw absolutely no difference between Barnes in his first and second year. Barnes was so hyped out of high school it was ridiculous and he stayed two years. Look at mcadoo. Killed his draft stock for next year. Barnes is a one year player under cal.

You're an idiot Barnes woulds have been a high lotto pick his freshmen year but decided to stay

How a player does in the pros depends on how his skills translates to the pros not who his coach is

If you'e gonna play that game that its all on the coach then blame Calipari for everyone sans Noel this year

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
how when unc was on the rebound

what he saw unc was the better team with better recruits coming

he just had kansas in the title game and the program was still good aint like they fell off

took self 5 years to do what roy couldnt do at kansas what roy couldnt do at kansas

unc is a better program than kansas. period.

roy 2, self 1

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You're an idiot Barnes woulds have been a high lotto pick his freshmen year but decided to stay

How a player does in the pros depends on how his skills translates to the pros not who his coach is

If you'e gonna play that game that its all on the coach then blame Calipari for everyone sans Noel this year
Some say he "decided to stay" others would argue good ol Roy encouraged him to come back. You think Cal would force a kid to stay and risk getting injured if he was a high lotto pick? :beli:

Blame Coach Cal for what? We lost 98% of our players to the NBA draft and still should've been in the NCAAT. All the while experiencing the most devastating injury our team could've suffered. Randle and Wiggins next year breh, how mad are you gonna be?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some say he "decided to stay" others would argue good ol Roy encouraged him to come back. You think Cal would force a kid to stay and risk getting injured if he was a high lotto pick? :beli:

Blame Coach Cal for what? We lost 98% of our players to the NBA draft and still should've been in the NCAAT. All the while experiencing the most devastating injury our team could've suffered. Randle and Wiggins next year breh, how mad are you gonna be?

You never answered what i said :what: you somehow think Cal magically makes players great yet conveneintly will not blame him for the freshmen sucking this year

Truth is hes only as good as the players he coached..the 2012 freshmen class sucked so UK was gonna struggle[plus he missed on shabazz and benett] 2013 is loaded so theyll be good its as simple as that

Though youre the same dude who thinks Wiggins wont go #1 unless he goes to UK :mindblown:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You never answered what i said :what: you somehow think Cal magically makes players great yet conveneintly will not blame him for the freshmen sucking this year

Truth is hes only as good as the players he coached..the 2012 freshmen class sucked so UK was gonna struggle[plus he missed on shabazz and benett] 2013 is loaded so theyll be good its as simple as that

Though youre the same dude who thinks Wiggins wont go [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] unless he goes to UK :mindblown:
Cal has gotten players in the league that wouldn't have made it otherwise, Deandre Liggins, Darius Miller, Josh Harrellson just to name a few.

Everyone knew going into this year that the high school players were down talent wise. We were on a 7 game win streak when Noel went down, this season and the sentiments people take from it would be totally different if he didn't go down. Cal missed on a lot of people, Bazz, Oriakhi, Dez Wells and some other transfers. We didn't miss on Bennett, he didn't have good enough grades for SEC schools. That's why he went to fukkin UNLV and not Florida or Kentucky.

I never said Wiggins won't go #1 so stop it with that non sense. But it's not IMPOSSIBLE to squander great talent. Because if Julius Randle absolutely shows out his freshman year he has the size and body to give Wiggins real competition. He's gotta show it out there on the big stage just like everyone else. And don't sleep on Andrew Harrison. Big strong powerful point guard.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

Though youre the same dude who thinks Wiggins wont go #1 unless he goes to UK :mindblown:

somehow its the players fault this time not the horrible coaching of a top ranked class its cuz there missing only one player....even thou they were sucking with that same player as well :bryan: and i thought Knick fans were delusional

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
overrated and bad are not the same thing. they just overrated. both are held in higher esteem than izzo and he better. hell, they both held in higher esteem than calhoun and he got the same amount as both combined.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Your team full of seniors and juniors couldn't beat our team at the BEGINNING of the season. You think you'd win in March? :russ:

We damn near blew Kansas out before we put on the brakes in the 2nd half and let them come back a little by trying to stall.

We had as many seniors as UK and 2 juniors :childplease:

What kills me about you UK stans is you always claim Roy holds his players back and shyt, yet you can never give any examples. 1. Roy doesn't hold his players back, that would be dumb on his part 2. Give me ONE example where Roy "held someone back" and it ruined their career?

Those players who waited until they were ready will have long NBA careers, unlike some of those Cal pushed out the door to make room for others.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Roy's two titles don't make him exempt from criticism. He has coached some teams that underachieved to a horrific extent. He is slow to adjust in games and over the course of a season. He often can't seem to figure out how to play to his players' strengths when they don't fit his original strategy. Talented teams that get blown out by 20-30 points multiple times in a season usually reflect a deficiency in coaching. His teams panic a lot. They come out flat in tournament games too often. Even when he has length, size, and quickness he can't figure out how to shape a team into a defensive force. Last year's team struggled with consistency, which was lamentable considering how stacked the team was. His teams never guard the 3 well, and it's particularly perplexing to watch them guard the 3 poorly against 3-point shooting teams. The best attribute Roy has is that when he has an extremely talented team he gets out of their way for the most part and let's the talent do whatever it decides to do offensively.

Give Bo Ryan or Tom Izzo this team and there is no way in hell they'd be an 8 seed with so many lapses in focus and blowout losses.

:manny:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy's two titles don't make him exempt from criticism. He has coached some teams that underachieved to a horrific extent. He is slow to adjust in games and over the course of a season. He often can't seem to figure out how to play to his players' strengths when they don't fit his original strategy. Talented teams that get blown out by 20-30 points multiple times in a season usually reflect a deficiency in coaching. His teams panic a lot. They come out flat in tournament games too often. Even when he has length, size, and quickness he can't figure out how to shape a team into a defensive force. Last year's team struggled with consistency, which was lamentable considering how stacked the team was. His teams never guard the 3 well, and it's particularly perplexing to watch them guard the 3 poorly against 3-point shooting teams. The best attribute Roy has is that when he has an extremely talented team he gets out of their way for the most part and let's the talent do whatever it decides to do offensively.

Give Bo Ryan or Tom Izzo this team and there is no way in hell they'd be an 8 seed with so many lapses in focus and blowout losses.

:manny:

WHile i agree hes not a very good defensive coach and id take a decent amount of coaches over him as far as x's and o's or if i had one game to play and got to pick a coach but everyone has flaws

If Izzo or Ryan coaches UNC the defense would be better but the offense would be:flabbynsick:

Plus i question if coaches like Ryan are great defenisve coaches when the reality is they just slow the game down to a snails pace to limit possesions so every game is low scoring