can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
  1. I don't know Daymond john from adam. If I knew him well enough to tell he was a c00n I woulda called him a c00n.
  2. Read entire posts before you respond to them.
  3. I will kill you if I see you in real life.
Have a nice day.
Typical coli mentality.
"He trusted the white man that's why he failed"
If you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't go spewing out dumbass speculations with no merit.

Daps
Because you black people buy expe sive high fashion clothes of cac fakkits

:mjlol:

marbury.gif

I STILL ROCK FUBU AND TIMBS nikka
:dahell:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It has been covered, but urban fashion comes and goes in waves, especially since our population is small relative to other demographics.

If you want to worry about where your next check is coming from, limit your brand to 11-14% of the population, if it is even able to go national.

The brands that have longevity can be put on at any time and mix with vintage and contemporary fashion wear.

I have a closet with a fex Avirex jackets and Steve Madden hoodies from when I was a kid. Wouldn't wear that clown shyt today, big ass

lettering and such. Fubu fell to the wayside because Black folks weren't on that wave anymore. I think it gets more play in Japan now

than in the USA. 99% of Urban fashion is trash.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
  1. I don't know Daymond john from adam. If I knew him well enough to tell he was a c00n I woulda called him a c00n.
  2. Read entire posts before you respond to them.
  3. I will kill you if I see you in real life.
Have a nice day.
how does a simple dialogue in the AM about FUBU clothes turn into you threatening to kill someone? y'all are so weird on here....

Daps
pelle pelle flopped? :childplease:

Nikkas still rockin Pelle doggie

We flossin these skreets in Karl Kani shyts :whoo:

Finna cop me some Chris Childs Pure Playaz shorts :whew:

Finna cop me some Dunk.net sneakers :shaq:

Finna cop me some Triple 5 Soul hoodies :jawalrus:

Finna cop me some Vokal shirts for daytime flossin :smugdraper:

Finna cop me some Cross Colors sweatshirts :obama:

Bout to floss Antonio Ansaldi right now :manny:

We flossin ova chea

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Its crazy cuz nobody ever rocked where Im from. We used to clown folks who wore it. I remember being in the Macys in NYC in like 97 and they had all kinds of FUBU all over the place.

I remember walking around like:scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My nukka

here's my post.....

Don't get it twisted... America is 67% white and only 14% black

If you want to make money in this country, you are going to limit your profits, the second you become, blacks only aka "urban." You've immediately lost 67% of your potential customer base, in one move.

You wonder why there's not a lot of black success in certain industries.. It's not racism every time.. It's money.. Why put on a black tv show when over half the population ain't gonna watch it? Martin was the greatest, but did it ever beat seinfeld in the ratings? nope not even close

All these clothing brands been around for hundreds of years... Find a black owned clothing that was popular 5 years, that's still popular today... none.. cause we switch styles and tastes so fast... shyt becomes "played out" and you're finished. Meanwhile Polo been selling polo's to the same people for 70 years or some shyt. Cause a simple polo won't ever go out of style

You notice when rappers start selling the most? When they get a rack of white and foreign fans.. A world tour is the biggest thing you could ever do.. cause it shows you can reach more than your hood, coast, country

That's why we are an international brand. That's why we have white models, black models, spanish models and working on getting some asian ones. Vicki Duong what size you wear lol??

Seriously though. Globalize your brands and make it accessible and interesting for EVERYONE and you won't have to limit yourself to 14% of the MARKET=MONEY