can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

Daps
Because it's a tight niche urban clothin line, or if you wanna translate it, it's a fukkin cac c00n lifestyle brand that lasts as long as the Whitey in charge throws money at it and keeps it in the videos.

When the Whitey gets an offer from another urban supplier with another style, best believe your 05 XXXXL mustard yellow / cookie monster blue shiny mesh jersey is :camby:

Proud to say never had ONE piece of that trash even in early 00s.

Cornballery at its finest :trash:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Because it's a tight niche urban clothin line, or if you wanna translate it, it's a fukkin cac c00n lifestyle brand that lasts as long as the Whitey in charge throws money at it and keeps it in the videos.

When the Whitey gets an offer from another urban supplier with another style, best believe your 05 XXXXL mustard yellow / cookie monster blue shiny mesh jersey is :camby:

Proud to say never had ONE piece of that trash even in early 00s.

Cornballery at its finest :trash:
I know you think white people are demigods and all, but actually no white people were involved in the making or success of FUBU.

Take that c00n massa so great, we can only have success with him bullshyt outta here.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
good cause they are making polos that are even better. so I expect to see your FB Legacy on deck. :blessed:

It may be too late, anyway. If they make Polos that can't last through time, then I don't want it.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Same Reason South Pole eventually flopped.
Same Reason Filas Flopped.
man, Id still rock these and the Grant Hills, take yall youngstas back to the old days.
o0570042712165652628.jpg

I saw a chinese chick rocking the Emmit Smiths, I damn near :mjcry:

I was about to chase her down and ask her where she copped those.

anyone know the series number?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Probably cause the owner was one of those coli type black people that assumes white people play fair, and didn't plan a contingency for sabotage...

Or maybe cause the aesthetic of the time transitioned and the owner didn't adapt

Or both, plus a bunch of something elses:yeshrug:
Sometime y'all just need to shut the fukk up
The brand was called For Us By Us and you tryna say he might have been a c00n?
The reality Is time changed and so does fashion (at least brand-wise)
Fashion is all about what's trendy so creating longevity is difficult to do.
You take fashion AND Hip-hop being as trendy as they are it's hard to stay afloat.

The key to longevity in fashion is making contemporary pieces and Fubu was very flashy.
Hell Sean John is still sold at Macy's and that's because of the contemporary pieces.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Sometime y'all just need to shut the fukk up
The brand was called For Us By Us and you tryna say he might have been a c00n?
The reality I time changed and so does fashion (at least brand-wise)
Fashion is all about what's trendy so creating longevity is difficult to do.
You take fashion AND Hip-hop being as trendy as they are it's hard to stay afloat.

The key to longevity in fashion is making contemporary pieces and Fubu was very flashy.
Hell Sean John is still sold at Macy's and that's because of the contemporary pieces.
  1. I don't know Daymond john from adam. If I knew him well enough to tell he was a c00n I woulda called him a c00n.
  2. Read entire posts before you respond to them.
  3. I will kill you if I see you in real life.

Have a nice day.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
just wondering.

some say because they didnt keep up with the fashion evolution, but Pelle Pelle did, and they flopped too.

what happened?

why is it uncool to wear rocawear and fubu ?
cause nikkas switch it up every year... for no good damn reason..

everything "urban" style, will never last. it's funny cause i just posted this exact same thing on fb timeline.. i own a clothing line.. our first designer wanted it to be urban... black everything.. one of my black partners was like "nah you better whiten this shyt up if you wanna be around longer than 5 years"

so he was mad.... left to start his own shyt... we started to diversify our models and looks... we now doing better than ever before... and he ain't sold but maybe 3 shirts...

1. black people ain't rocking your shyt unless it's nationally known and popular already

2. black people stop rocking your shyt after everybody and their mama is copping from marshall's for 70% off

it's always cool to say "yea nikka i got this new shyt first.. fresh new gear" then "awww you still wearing that shyt, that shyt dead now"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
here's my post.....

Don't get it twisted... America is 67% white and only 14% black

If you want to make money in this country, you are going to limit your profits, the second you become, blacks only aka "urban." You've immediately lost 67% of your potential customer base, in one move.

You wonder why there's not a lot of black success in certain industries.. It's not racism every time.. It's money.. Why put on a black tv show when over half the population ain't gonna watch it? Martin was the greatest, but did it ever beat seinfeld in the ratings? nope not even close

All these clothing brands been around for hundreds of years... Find a black owned clothing that was popular 5 years, that's still popular today... none.. cause we switch styles and tastes so fast... shyt becomes "played out" and you're finished. Meanwhile Polo been selling polo's to the same people for 70 years or some shyt. Cause a simple polo won't ever go out of style

You notice when rappers start selling the most? When they get a rack of white and foreign fans.. A world tour is the biggest thing you could ever do.. cause it shows you can reach more than your hood, coast, country

That's why we are an international brand. That's why we have white models, black models, spanish models and working on getting some asian ones. Vicki Duong what size you wear lol??

Seriously though. Globalize your brands and make it accessible and interesting for EVERYONE and you won't have to limit yourself to 14% of the MARKET=MONEY