Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Let's not rewrite history now.

A ton of people (rappers, media, social media, "hip-hop personalities", etc.) counted Dot out in the 3 weeks he didn't respond.

So to say "well, people hate Drake therefore they just rode with Kenny" is patently false. By the time "Euphoria" dropped he was working from a deficit. Which he not only over came, but ran the score up the following week.

Fred.
Not to mention how after Euphoria and 6:16 a whole bunch of East Coast media personalities like Mase and Cam, Gillie, Math Hoffa and some others were acting like Kendrick's shyt was trash and Drake was up on him. That's why it's so funny seeing Drake fans now play the victim game and act like everybody wanted to see him lose is hilarious. And I still fukk with Drake heavy but some of these narratives are ridiculous.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i doubt he got any real intel.

he prob listened to some dot albums to try and decipher something and thought he had one.
You could be right, but the way nikkas talk in the industry, I wouldn't be surprised if he got fed bad info he thought was real and ran with it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Tbf, Family Matters was huge in real time(IE that 40mins-60mins) before Meet the Grahams dropped). I’m not Drake biggest fan, but Drake rapped his ass off and the criticisms of Kendrick(fake hotep, etc) seemed like legit gripes and criticisms others have had. Lie or truth, it was a genius move in real time to talk about the co-parenting, cuckoldry, and the alleged domestic. Kendrick is just REALLY good at the counter attack and stuck with the verifiable stuff(with the exception of the daughter). Ppl were digging up old videos and photos of Drake with young women for weeks.

All of this true.

Drake had one for about half an hour before Kendrick ran a Katana through his heart and THEN dropped a nuke on his head 24 hours later.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
All of this true.

Drake had one for about half an hour before Kendrick ran a Katana through his heart and THEN dropped a nuke on his head 24 hours later.
Audrey and his fans didn't realized that he was in a blender until it was too late. Kendrick beat Drake at his own game plain and simple.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i think the top dawg angle could make the most sense and be true because rappers tend to get fukked out of their deal and it's nothing new. i wouldn't be surprised if top was taking a big cut of kendrick's profits like birdman was doing wayne.

other than the top angle, there were a lot of random and bad allegations in this beef on both sides. dave free and whiteney, drake having a daughter, domestic violence, pedo stuff. it was a messy and weird battle.

i think as time goes on the truth will come out and it's somewhere in between all of this. drake and kendrick are connected so i doubt they just pull random stuff out of the air.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoever wrote the line for him “I get more love in your city than you” I think he let that get to his head, thats the only explanation I got. “Whitney” is not a public figure, it was futile to continue to poke at that angle about someone that nobody knows. + using Pac’s voice was an alley oop for Kendrick to galvanize the West. Its like if these two were running for office, one side did everything wrong that you could possibly imagine while the other put on a clinic.

facts