Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Tbf, Family Matters was huge in real time(IE that 40mins-60mins) before Meet the Grahams dropped). I’m not Drake biggest fan, but Drake rapped his ass off and the criticisms of Kendrick(fake hotep, etc) seemed like legit gripes and criticisms others have had. Lie or truth, it was a genius move in real time to talk about the co-parenting, cuckoldry, and the alleged domestic. Kendrick is just REALLY good at the counter attack and stuck with the verifiable stuff(with the exception of the daughter). Ppl were digging up old videos and photos of Drake with young women for weeks.
Freed the slaves, huh? :mjpls:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
All of them did approach Drake like he was Thanos tho. Maybe Kendrick didn’t have to in the end, but he did initially :ld:
Was first person shooter not 2 of the 3 GOATs teaming up against the 3rd? Say what you will about Metro and Future assisting KDot, but Kendricks verse on Like That was literally a response to First Person Shooter. F*** The Big 3, it's just Big me. That's why the 20v1 thing had no merit, if the person Kendrick was up against(Drake) literally teamed up with the only other rapper(Cole) who had the following, numbers and cultural respect to end Kendrick. Cole and Drake between them have like what, 12-15 platinum records? You're talking two MASSIVE fanbases up against the one rapper who doesn't even pop out as much as the other two. And make no mistake, they BOTH released their own separate direct/non-subliminal Kendrick diss records, and yet Kendrick still came out on top. That's probably the most amazing thing in all of this and it's the most forgotten. 7 Minute Drill REALLY happened. The 2 other greats in the big 3 convo BOTH released diss tracks on Kendrick. That 20v1 angle holds no water if Michael Jordan has to play against Kobe and LeBron at the same time.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Not to derail ya thread OP but this had hit me sometime ago and I ain't know where else to put it and it kinda fit....

Wasup with Wayne catching a stray??

"Ya Daddy got robbed by Top/you Stunna and Wayne, like father, like son"

This was another line that honestly bothered tf outta me. Ive always wondered this too

type to throw anyone under the bus just to save face.

he did the same shyt a couple bars later with the mj/prince line. tried to flip it on some weak clever shyt but all them years talking about he approaching mj and about to pass mj now you wanna throw dirt on his name for the sake of trying to be witty foh:camby:

whats crazy too is that other than the ovhoe flock coming to back him. Mack & Stunna the only ones to support drake when the beef popped off so it was lame of frail to send a stray at CMB
Joe started to touch on this as well

The train of thought in the writing is questionable

He also has the line about mixed kids being cute and within that same 4 bars he talks about his dikk

It's not a good look

You'd hope that's just a OVO tent post-production issue but if he's actually trying to write and doing this then it offers a view of his actual psyche and how his mind works, and I don't like the results of that. :scust:

SDF-1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't expect much from a guy that calls himself a clown in a space of 4 verses

The ones that you're getting your stories from, they all clowns
I am a war general sеasoned in preparation
My jacket is covеred in medals, honor and decoration
You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation

We plotted for a week, and then we fed you the information

Ha - this was clearly the work of multiple ghostwriters who didn’t talk to each other. It was probably getting frantic in that OV-Hoe sweatshop.

You’d also think the guy rapping the verse would catch it, but this is further proof he’s not a rap artist but a scam artist.