Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also think there's a very 2024 element of proof and 'reciepts', that we are a long way from the Jay and Prodigy battle where that was considered a form of proof.

there wasn't any way to substantiate that. and also, the murkiness of truth and social media, not sure it really matters in a rap battle, but it kind of does now, to a degree.

because Drake really isn't a pedophile either. but there was enough smoke to let that one in.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
after he begged kendrick to come outside :russ:

I mean muthafukking BEGGED!

I really mistakenly thought he was ready to go 12 rounds. I thought his ghostwriters had been working overtime in the tents for THIS moment.

This half a nikka had TWO WEEKS to prepare. TWO! He really thought Family Matters was going to be the grand finale with no backup or contingency plan against the best MC of his generation. Its disgraceful how he tapped out.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way kendrick predicted every single move drake made and crushed him....damn
Drake is so predictable though, a lot of people on coli predicted the song titles, the bars, everything...so imagine how easy it was for someone like Kendrick :heh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick point blank said they could compare paperwork and Drake never spoke on it again. :mjlol:

So nah, we can't even entertain the possibility the "Top was robbing Kendrick" angle was true. Drake had an opportunity to expose that and hit the :whoa:

Fred.
at that point there was no reason to respond. drake dropped family matters then the next day meet the grahams and not like us dropped and it was over.

not being able to entertain the thought of a rapper getting fukked out of their contract is hilarious now.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention how after Euphoria and 6:16 a whole bunch of East Coast media personalities like Mase and Cam, Gillie, Math Hoffa and some others were acting like Kendrick's shyt was trash and Drake was up on him. That's why it's so funny seeing Drake fans now play the victim game and act like everybody wanted to see him lose is hilarious. And I still fukk with Drake heavy but some of these narratives are ridiculous.
Those east coast bozos salty the crown resides in the West. Maino was about to cry lol

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
The other thing besides Drake obviously making up some bullshyt was using the same strategy against other people. His go to is always "your girl cheating on you". Did that against Drama. Did it against Metro. Did it when throwing shots at Ja and Future. Obviously did that with Kendrick.
He even argues like a female. The product of being raised by a single white mother while dot come from a 2 parent household

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
The burden of proof regarding claims made my Dot and Drake shaded one side this entire beef. I considered both sides to be on some chatty patty shyt. One just executed way better than the other and one underestimated just how much people had soured on him.
Copium

You not as rah rah as you were earlier in the beef. What happened? :mjlol:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Let's not rewrite history now.

A ton of people (rappers, media, social media, "hip-hop personalities", etc.) counted Dot out in the 3 weeks he didn't respond.

So to say "well, people hate Drake therefore they just rode with Kenny" is patently false. By the time "Euphoria" dropped he was working from a deficit. Which he not only over came, but ran the score up the following week.

Fred.
With all due respect, those níggas were being retarded. Just because people are quick to jump to conclusions based off of inaction doesn't change the narrative that a lot of people don't like Drake.

And, yeah, a deficit...that he overcame with one damn song to Drake's 2:dead:. Disses are based off of quality, not quantity, bruh.

And I wouldn't even call it a deficit because 'Like That' was the number one song in the country, mostly because of Kendrick’s verse.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
You can't expect much from a guy that calls himself a clown in a space of 4 verses

The ones that you're getting your stories from, they all clowns
I am a war general sеasoned in preparation
My jacket is covеred in medals, honor and decoration
You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation

We plotted for a week, and then we fed you the information

giphy.gif

Ohhhhhh, so you are one of the slow kids in the class. No wonder you sit in the back by the radiator.

He was saying the people his crew gave the info to, that then relayed it to Dot, were clowns....not his own people :pachaha:

It was all cap anyway, but do some of your reading homework and maybe you will understand the bars next time :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
at that point there was no reason to respond. drake dropped family matters then the next day meet the grahams and not like us dropped and it was over.

not being able to entertain the thought of a rapper getting fukked out of their contract is hilarious now.

I didn't say "a rapper". I'm specifically talking about the rapper that offered to compare paperwork, and Drake promptly shut the f*ck up.

And no, your time line is f*cked up. "Push Ups" was about Dot having a bad deal. "Euphoria" he offered to compare contracts, on April 30th. "Family Matters" came out May 3rd. Drake had 4 days to pull out his contract, and he didn't.

That would've went a long way towards establishing him some credibility in this beef.
But he was clearly lying so :manny:

Fred.