Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Not to derail ya thread OP but this had hit me sometime ago and I ain't know where else to put it and it kinda fit....

Wasup with Wayne catching a stray??

"Ya Daddy got robbed by Top/you Stunna and Wayne, like father, like son"

This was another line that honestly bothered tf outta me. Ive always wondered this too

type to throw anyone under the bus just to save face.

he did the same shyt a couple bars later with the mj/prince line. tried to flip it on some weak clever shyt but all them years talking about he approaching mj and about to pass mj now you wanna throw dirt on his name for the sake of trying to be witty foh:camby:

whats crazy too is that other than the ovhoe flock coming to back him. Mack & Stunna the only ones to support drake when the beef popped off so it was lame of frail to send a stray at CMB

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Should never have gone neck to neck with Kendrick. First time Kendrick threw shots at everybody on that Control verse, his reaction was corny but acceptible. He said it's hip hop and competition, had some subminimals on random songs but still continued to have hits for years. This time he tried to fight and got punched in the face.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drake's whole game plan was stupid as fukk. It started with that tupac song when he practically begged kendrick to have a full fledge battle with him and tried to bait him into a rushed response Didn't work, Kendrick too smart for that shyt. Even making that song in da first place gave Kendrick additional ammo lol

Then he made it seem like he had dirt on Kendrick that he would reveal once kendrick responded and he had nothing. Just "your kid might be dave free's and that he's a woman beater over and over again. It was so dumb that kendrick didnt even respond, and fans on both sides didn't even believe that shyt enough to pressure him about it lol

On the other hand, Drake made a note to respond and deny to damn near everything Kendrick said. Even jumping the gun a few times. He discussed not being a snitch in 2 straight songs when kendrick never directly called him one. He had a long winded response to not being a pedophile, and had silly explanations that made him sound guiitier than he probably is lol.

Dude was looking for a pusha T Type moment ironically enough lol instead of focusing on bars and developing a real game plan. He always think other ppl's women or past relationships is da key to winning a battle lol, no one cares about that shyt.

"i dont wanna battle you anymore, dis shyt got me second guessing" 🤣 🤣

"you can make 100 more songs, i"ll see you later"🤣🤣

You cant shyt like that in a battle lol it sounds like a tap out.

"that's the song where you said u got molested" makes da whole damn song invalid because that's not what Kenny said in the song lol
Just an entire mess from top to bottom.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Nah we not gonna rewrite history this early into the oral tradition.

When Kendrick threw down the gauntlet, he was legit prepared for it to be a 1v2 vs Drake, the supposed top dog of this generation, and Cole, the numero uno that everyone was saying was the current best rapper alive. I remember in real time a large consensus was Cole was the best rapper at this point in time and would crush Kendrick lyrically. And Dot called the bluff on that and said fukk both of yall nikkas, lets get it.
Ehh he hardly addressed Cole and had no personal issue with him. All he said was fukk a big 3 and everything else was aimed at drake. I don’t think Kendrick, Drake or anyone else anticipated Cole jumping out the window over that cuz it wasn’t his fight in the first place. If only Cole realized that before dropping a diss track and apologizing. Can’t ever take him seriously again after that self-ether:francis:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Drake is a pop artist who think that he's a lyricist because he raps. Kendrick is a actual lyricist who can go pop if he wants to but stays on the conscious side for the most part. Drake thought that he can do the same game plan that he did to Meek and clown his way to victory. The only thing is that Kendrick can also go that route and did it better than Drake did. Also, not having actual dirt on Mr. Morale limited what Drake can say because he had to make sh1t up just to stay even. Once Drake realized that nothing was working and really had no good explanation for the BBL, culture stealing and p3d0 claims, it was a wrap and he needed to head out. Kendrick really prepared for lyrical warfare and Audrey was finished after the 5th bomb.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro he mightve been trying really hard to keep it not personal, because nobody cares about Kendricj getting fykked on his deal even if it's true

Daps
Coli nikkas from NY, Detroit, and other eastern/midwest cities said Family Ties was super lyrical and the best song of the beef :laff:

Hov, Nas and the ghost of Big got that city in a blender

The problem with NY is there’s a large contingent of fans that think hip hop was perfected by a handful of artists there in the 90s, innovation has been completely stunted

The city’s best MC of the new era was tragically murdered and the second best doesn’t even want to rap anymore

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I'm not really one for speaking in hindsight like Drake is trash because those disses that he dropped would have washed most rappers.

It's just that a lot of people dislike Drake, so they latched on to whatever Kendrick said even if it wasn't clever or funny.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
It was a great smear/lie that would’ve worked with almost anyone not named Kendrick. Family matters worked it just got out worked very quickly lol
Yep he thought he could use some tried and true tactics against Kendrick. Like he was someone unworthy of him to battle. Like he was some peon at the level of Meek or even Pusha T (who actually won that battle, because Drake's industry " daddies" bailed him out). In this battle he even made a concession song because he knew had to concede this time. He never even imagined that this kind of damage could be inflicted upon him. He got hit with something even stronger than "Ether". He may still have some more big success down the line, but he's gotta wear this monumental "L". He got killed by a "Massive Global Hit", and the fact it's his own strategy that worked against him in the absolute most catastrophic way possible. And the video is coming really really soon and we know Kendrick likes to get creative in his video bag.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not really one for speaking in hindsight like Drake is trash because those disses that he dropped would have washed most rappers.

It's just that a lot of people dislike Drake, so they latched on to whatever Kendrick said even if it wasn't clever or funny.

Let's not rewrite history now.

A ton of people (rappers, media, social media, "hip-hop personalities", etc.) counted Dot out in the 3 weeks he didn't respond.

So to say "well, people hate Drake therefore they just rode with Kenny" is patently false. By the time "Euphoria" dropped he was working from a deficit. Which he not only over came, but ran the score up the following week.

Fred.

KingTxo

Where Truth Comes To Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Crodie had his concentration camp of writers writing anything in hopes it would stick :heh:. I told my friend after Euphoria dropped that Drake would try to lie his way to a victory cause kendricks personal life is secretive as fukk.

I been a hater of drake since he first came up and I been legit happy that someone called him on his culture vulture ways. Didn't think it would stick like it has but hey... praise to the most high and K Dot for making it happen :blessed: