Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drake's whole game plan was stupid as fukk. It started with that tupac song when he practically begged kendrick to have a full fledge battle with him and tried to bait him into a rushed response Didn't work, Kendrick too smart for that shyt. Even making that song in da first place gave Kendrick additional ammo lol

Then he made it seem like he had dirt on Kendrick that he would reveal once kendrick responded and he had nothing. Just "your kid might be dave free's and that he's a woman beater over and over again. It was so dumb that kendrick didnt even respond, and fans on both sides didn't even believe that shyt enough to pressure him about it lol

On the other hand, Drake made a note to respond and deny to damn near everything Kendrick said. Even jumping the gun a few times. He discussed not being a snitch in 2 straight songs when kendrick never directly called him one. He had a long winded response to not being a pedophile, and had silly explanations that made him sound guiitier than he probably is lol.

Dude was looking for a pusha T Type moment ironically enough lol instead of focusing on bars and developing a real game plan. He always think other ppl's women or past relationships is da key to winning a battle lol, no one cares about that shyt.

"i dont wanna battle you anymore, dis shyt got me second guessing" 🤣 🤣

"you can make 100 more songs, i"ll see you later"🤣🤣

You cant shyt like that in a battle lol it sounds like a tap out.

"that's the song where you said u got molested" makes da whole damn song invalid because that's not what Kenny said in the song lol
Just an entire mess from top to bottom.

after he begged kendrick to come outside :russ:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
was trying to get that man to see his family

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
I agree with the consesus here, he really didnt have much ammo from the jump and was hoping something will stick. When I first heard Family Matters, it sounded like 5 different people wrote that joint. A couple of nice bars here and there but not much cohesiveness or convictiom throughout the song. The Heart Part 6 was even worse, shyt was all over the place. A collab writing project without anyone proofreading the final result.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i think the top dawg angle could make the most sense and be true because rappers tend to get fukked out of their deal and it's nothing new. i wouldn't be surprised if top was taking a big cut of kendrick's profits like birdman was doing wayne.

other than the top angle, there were a lot of random and bad allegations in this beef on both sides. dave free and whiteney, drake having a daughter, domestic violence, pedo stuff. it was a messy and weird battle.

i think as time goes on the truth will come out and it's somewhere in between all of this. drake and kendrick are connected so i doubt they just pull random stuff out of the air.

Kendrick point blank said they could compare paperwork and Drake never spoke on it again. :mjlol:

So nah, we can't even entertain the possibility the "Top was robbing Kendrick" angle was true. Drake had an opportunity to expose that and hit the :whoa:

Fred.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The answer is simple. He had no dirt on K. Dot so he went to social media to figure out an angle he could came at him with.

He was relying on social media to drive the narrative and with his massive Stan base on there, it probably would have worked if Kendrick waited a week to respond.

That’s why him dropping almost an hour after was so massive cuz it instantly took that moment away. And then dropping “Not Like Us” hours later was the nail in the coffin.

Drake knew he couldn’t out bar him so he was trying to go the Pusha T route and it failed miserably. Damn shame..

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

It might be a little chatty patty of me but this clip made me genuinely smile. This is the best kind of revenge for her because she is an unwilling participant in this garbage, just because Drake has to try and overcompensate for his own insecurities. He didn’t have to play the villain at any point of his career, if rappers or anyone thought he was corny, he could have just laughed, because he is very successful, and he is talented, he is just not an A1 emcee, and there ain’t anything wrong with that. He helped Kendrick become a legend because he just couldn’t be comfortable in his self

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It might be a little chatty patty of me but this clip made me genuinely smile. This is the best kind of revenge for her because she is an unwilling participant in this garbage, just because Drake has to try and overcompensate for his own insecurities. He didn’t have to play the villain at any point of his career, if rappers or anyone thought he was corny, he could have just laughed, because he is very successful, and he is talented, he is just not an A1 emcee, and there ain’t anything wrong with that. He helped Kendrick become a legend because he just couldn’t be comfortable in his self
facts. don't know why he couldn't stay in his pop star lane and enjoy his success.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
To me that shyt said a lot about who Drake is as a human. Pusha called it years ago: he doesn't value relationships because of his childhood, seeing his parents not being together and the pain/shame it caused. He actively seeks to break relationships, which is why he's constantly fukking or trying to fukk other men's girlfriends. It's not a coincidence that in each beef (Meek/Pusha/Kendrick) he referenced their girls. Hell, if Meek had fought back like Pusha and Kendrick did I bet Drake was gonna pull the "I fukked your girl" card (whether it was true or not). That's just the nature of who he is as a man.

Kendrick and Dave been best friends since they were kids and left TDE to start a label. Does that sound like something any man would do if their childhood sweetheart was fukking their best friend?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The burden of proof regarding claims made my Dot and Drake shaded one side this entire beef. I considered both sides to be on some chatty patty shyt. One just executed way better than the other and one underestimated just how much people had soured on him.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Who cares lol none of that comes close to that Mother, I shyt he tried

That was supposed to be the left condoms on the baby seat part of the battle everybody was supposed to say it's gone too far. He knew he couldn't leverage & win unanimous vote so he went for the shock value/sneak out tactic like Jay

And it might would've worked if that song was even fukking about him :heh:

Can't be a war general seasoned in preparation and strike out like that lines later that would've changed the complexion of shyt if it hit

He spent so much on that the bail he was shooting himself on underage shyt was tied into it. Colossal L