Can Somebody Help Me Understand “Blackrock” and How One Company OWNS the World?

247Alex

Pro
Daps
Black rock, state street, vanguard - all the same . They are issuers of some of the largest etfs in the world with many billions of dollars of aum. They usually forgo the voting rights that come with holding that many shares with individual companies. On occasion they will exercise them but yeah. They have to hold shares of A lot of companies all over the world because investors want a diversified approach and the more offerings they have the more potential fees they can collect on your private investments with them .

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I mentioned before, BlackRock is the closest thing to what folks believe is an Iluminati. All those Private Equity firms do the same mess though.

Interestingly enough, I just read yesterday that a Black Rock executive (I forgot his name but I can get the article if Coli heads want) is behind the push in France to break the pension fund and raise the retirement.

That news shocked the shyt outta me. :wtf:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What nobody tells you about capitalism is that by it's inherent logic of capital accumulation, in the end one person/entity will own everything.

I've tried to repeat this to the bootlickers over and over. The entire system is built on the idea that people with more money get further and further ahead of people with less money.

This bullshyt about "Well you just need to learn the system and you can win too!" is blind to what the system is. Sure, some people by the right skills or luck can carve out a place. But that will never be true for MOST people in MOST situations, because the system is explicitly designed to not only keep the top people at the top but ensure they accumulate more and more of the total resources while they're there.

The nature progress of capitalism is for the wealthiest people to gain more and more resources and control until there's either a revolution or a huge crash.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Op, from what I've read about them, it isn't an industry, started as a group of rich folk, grew into a conglomerate, and they just purchase majority shares in big companies. So they "own" lots of the biggest businesses, without having to contribute anything, BUT, since they're majority owners, the companies kinda have to do whatever they say. So over time they've made industries develop tech, processes, products, etc, that only enrich, empower, and embiggen them, to the point where, like you said, they pretty much own everything.

Be Rittenhouse from Timeless, corporate bruhs :francis:

Daps

I was this years old when I learned that one company owns most of the world’s wealth:damn: When I asked ya’ll what the richest industry was I thought we all agreed it was the pharmaceutical industry. Right? RIGHT?!

NOPE. It’s somebody I barely heard of called Blackrock and apparently they own all the shares in most major pharma companies too.

How can they say it’s a free market if one group owns all of it. They are worth over trillions of dollars!!!!!!

Dude said most major world governments answer to them. Even world central banks.

How Sway?!:damn:

I never even heard of these fukkers!
Can one of you super smart, in the know individuals break this down for us serfs? I thought the IRS was the big beast, but apparently they answer to these mofos??!!!

Unregulated Capitalism is bad, news at 11

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got a high school friend that works at the Toronto office, been pestering him to help me get in for years now lol