Can Somebody Help Me Understand “Blackrock” and How One Company OWNS the World?

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Hell if I know! Lmao! I was googling 2021 housing crisis and his video popped up!

Then I saw some shyt on Tik Tok and started connecting dots.

This dude claimed that Blackrock was primarily responsible for our current housing crisis as they are major players in investors

I’m fact checking his shyt but so far the articles I’m reading are all confirming.
Which is terrifying.:damn:
Yeah, they've been buying whole developments as well, like they've made deals with builders so you'll have a whole development of maybe 35 new build houses but they'll all be rentals instead of for people to have mortgages. Like people will be paying $2700 in rent when they'd normally pay $1800 for a mortgage. I've been peeping all this mess during my house hunting so I know what their goal is. Then on top of that they had people that were proponents of the 40 year mortgage that the FHA just approved to begin May 8. So the average age of a first time home owner is like 37 and they want folks to have 40 year mortgages so they'll have lower monthly payments with no understanding of how intrest works, so they slowly bleeding folks outta the housing sector....

Also these private equity companies are so tied into everyone's 401k that it would be literally impossible to do something about them because they're literally in control of your future :damn:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You all believe the deep state is some Q and None, Right Wing consprarcy and we can just vote it all away.

Try this to make real change.

People call me crazy when I scream pushback against greedy elites that price gouge the working class.

Other countries get to work and make their wealthy citizens go :whoa:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Yeah, they've been buying whole developments as well, like they've made deals with builders so you'll have a whole development of maybe 35 new build houses but they'll all be rentals instead of for people to have mortgages. Like people will be paying $2700 in rent when they'd normally pay $1800 for a mortgage. I've been peeping all this mess during my house hunting so I know what their goal is. Then on top of that they had people that were proponents of the 40 year mortgage that the FHA just approved to begin May 8. So the average age of a first time home owner is like 37 and they want folks to have 40 year mortgages so they'll have lower monthly payments with no understanding of how intrest works, so they slowly bleeding folks outta the housing sector....

Also these private equity companies are so tied into everyone's 401k that it would be literally impossible to do something about them because they're literally in control of your future :damn:

In another country, Blackrock would be sent to the guillotine and people would celebrate.

America, people are too content.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps

I noticed this in Charlotte. My cousin said in the past ten years there have been several rental home developments being built around her neighborhood. She was appalled because there is a huge shortage of affordable homes currently on the market. But they are steadily building rental units.
They don’t want us to own our own homes because there’s more money in renting than ownership.

The more I learn about this shyt and the more dots I connect, the worse it gets.:to:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I noticed this in Charlotte. My cousin said in the past ten years there have been several rental home developments being built around her neighborhood. She was appalled because there is a huge shortage of affordable homes currently on the market. But they are steadily building rental units.
They don’t want us to own our own homes because there’s more money in renting than ownership.

The more I learn about this shyt and the more dots I connect, the worse it gets.:to:

Yeah, housing is a human right, not a commodity hustle for some scammer scumbag to get rich off of.

Lack of ownership will lead to higher crime and less clean streets. No one owns = no one cares to fix things up or clean the streets.

That is why some of these landlords need to get harmed by the tenants that want to OWN their place.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, housing is a human right, not a commodity hustle for some scammer scumbag to get rich off of.

Lack of ownership will lead to higher crime and less clean streets. No one owns = no one cares to fix things up or clean the streets.

That is why some of these landlords need to get harmed by the tenants that want to OWN their place.

Thought about u and @Oatmeal when I saw this shyt.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Oh, yea.

Ppl became more familiar with them during the Covid era because they were snapping up all the real estate.

One of the reasons why if you were smart you took advantage of the market and purchased during the pandemic/“bandemic”

Firms, especially Blackrock, were purchasing residential at an alarming clip. Why? Because once housing is unavailable, ppl have to just pay whatever the market rate is for rent. Endless upside for firms.

People were complaining about landlords, etc, but what happens when the house/townhome/neighborhood properties you’re renting are investment properties for firms? There’s no one to run to or complain to, and they won’t be forced to be as lenient with tenants who are behind on rent, evictions, etc.

People were making offers well above asking and still not winning because it was Blackrock, etc paying way above asking to secure the purchases. They were pricing regular ppl out of the market years ago.

This is why ppl can’t listen to all these online gurus. Everyone said “wait until the next crash to purchase”, drowning out the voices of a few who said “ay- if you have the $ do it NOW”. Now it’s 10x harder than it was 2020/2021. Those mortgage rates ain’t coming back ANYtime soon, and no one trying trying to sell and buy a new spot with these rates if you were able to refinance and get into a 2./3.something fixed rate.

There were threads about this right on The Coli when I was lurking. Sheeeeeit I refinanced before it was too late too 🤣

Coli be having the scoop lol

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're supposed to buy shares in every listed company on indexes around the world, they operate index funds. Same as Vanguard's index funds, same as anyone who operates a fund linked to an index.

Now, whether that gives them undue sway in other matters... That's just an unintended byproduct of the worlds financial system :sas2:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
People call me crazy when I scream pushback against greedy elites that price gouge the working class.

Other countries get to work and make their wealthy citizens go :whoa:
They’ve fattened us up with the crap in our foods and lulled us to sleep with endless reality tv programming, shytty entertainment industry and social media.

They have us right where they want us. It’s too late for most Americans.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps

We are approaching the breaking point…

It isn’t too late for the ppl who can peep game, but a lot of ppl are going to get left behind economically. This is the time to up our skills and get $ and invest.

There’s a class of people (regardless of race) who are still making it happen with no problem out here. This is turning into a society that is uncomfortable for those with low/no skills.

Pick the right field and get ready for what’s to come 🤷🏾‍♀️ :francis: