Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
See I can't understand how someone could shyt all over MOS and then think Wolverine was good.
The action scenes were weak as fukk.
The Jean Grey stuff was overly melodramatic bullshyt.
The villains sucked from top to bottom.
And the entire story was just ridiculously stupid.
The best thing about The Wolverine was that odd looking chick as Yukio and that after credit scene where Prof. X and Magneto showed up.
:what:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
See I can't understand how someone could shyt all over MOS and then think Wolverine was good.
The action scenes were weak as fukk.
The Jean Grey stuff was overly melodramatic bullshyt.
The villains sucked from top to bottom.
And the entire story was just ridiculously stupid.
The best thing about The Wolverine was that odd looking chick as Yukio and that after credit scene where Prof. X and Magneto showed up.
so by saying the wolverine was better than MoS i called it a good movie? truth be told it was solid and a huge improvement on the trash that was origins.but i dont remember using that word breh

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It was basically multiple scenes of Hugh Jackman slashing wildly at extras in ninja costumes.

so by saying the wolverine was better than MoS i called it a good movie? truth be told it was solid and a huge improvement on the trash that was origins.but i dont remember using that word breh
My bad, I thought you were saying Wolverine was good from your previous post.
I agree it was an improvement over Origins which was a disaster and is probably why people tend to overrate it a bit.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know if you are kidding but its true, esp with the stinky way DC/WB intend on doing their movies, kids arent stupid. They can sense the color scheme and tone of something like MoS compared to GOTG and call foul, easily.Y'all think these marvel movies that did numbers were just from one viewing? :heh:
So kids are gonna decline Batman and superman in a movie because of the color scheme?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
These nikkas ain't comic book movie fans breh. They might as all be Disney employees :pachaha:

I'm saying :russ: like how can you be a fan of any of this and root for stuff to fail or want it to fail? We're living in an era where there's going to be a batman/superman movie along with wonder woman. Why in the hell would you want that to fail?? We got ultron coming this year along with ant-man (for those of you interested) and then this flick in March..freaking March. We should be enjoying all of this

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'm saying :russ: like how can you be a fan of any of this and root for stuff to fail or want it to fail? We're living in an era where there's going to be a batman/superman movie along with wonder woman. Why in the hell would you want that to fail?? We got ultron coming this year along with ant-man (for those of you interested) and then this flick in March..freaking March. We should be enjoying all of this
Reading this you would think this is the coliseum or something. It was nauseating watching them want Fox to fail after giving us first class and days of future past. Then this fantastic 4 movie that bout to come out

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Reading this you would think this is the coliseum or something. It was nauseating watching them want Fox to fail after giving us first class and days of future past. Then this fantastic 4 movie that bout to come out

I mean unless dudes are on the payroll cause if they are then cool you want your company to do well and the other guy not to; helps your pockets. But if you're just a fan, this should be fun.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
depends on how good or bad it is.

if it turns out to be a steaming pile, then yes I hope it fails so that the creative team involved gets the boot moving forward.

But again everyone's opinion of bad and good is subjective. If you personally don't like something but 10 other people do chances are they're going with the 10 people who do rather than the one who doesn't when it comes to decision making. This isn't my theory so I can't lay claim to it but it's one I've adopted: in order to truly see a movie with an open mind you have to go into the theater open to the fact that what you're about to see could be great as opposed to expecting it to be bad. With comic book flicks there seems to be none of that at all, either people expect them to be great or expect them to be bad and will use theory to suit the facts rather than facts to suit the theory.

The more you think something is going to be bad human nature says you're more likely to think its bad regardless of the facts in front of you. How can you even attempt to enjoy the movie if you're already dreading it or thinking about a new creative team

Daps
Reppin
NYC
But again everyone's opinion of bad and good is subjective. If you personally don't like something but 10 other people do chances are they're going with the 10 people who do rather than the one who doesn't when it comes to decision making. This isn't my theory so I can't lay claim to it but it's one I've adopted: in order to truly see a movie with an open mind you have to go into the theater open to the fact that what you're about to see could be great as opposed to expecting it to be bad. With comic book flicks there seems to be none of that at all, either people expect them to be great or expect them to be bad and will use theory to suit the facts rather than facts to suit the theory.

The more you think something is going to be bad human nature says you're more likely to think its bad regardless of the facts in front of you. How can you even attempt to enjoy the movie if you're already dreading it or thinking about a new creative team

amazing spiderman 2 looked like complete dog trash to me. was not surprised when those first few reviews came in and the critics were all shytting on it. and yet i enjoyed it anyway.

x men DOFP was being hailed as the best x men movie ever and a damn near masterpiece of the genre. trailers were good, reviews were good... couldn't stand it.

in other words, I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself. at the end of the day I don't care if I'm one out of 100. doesn't bother me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
amazing spiderman 2 looked like complete dog trash to me. was not surprised when those first few reviews came in and the critics were all shytting on it. and yet i enjoyed it anyway.

x men DOFP was being hailed as the best x men movie ever and a damn near masterpiece of the genre. trailers were good, reviews were good... couldn't stand it.

in other words, I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself. at the end of the day I don't care if I'm one out of 100. doesn't bother me.

Yeah I know how you get down so that wasn't really meant for you but just my ideas on the subject in general.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah I know how you get down so that wasn't really meant for you but just my ideas on the subject in general.
look I fully understand that most ppl don't look at these movies through the same lens as us geeks do. We are not the ones these studios are looking to impress.

So yes if for whatever reason I think BVS is a big stinker, then I can only hope everyone else thought so as well. Otherwise it don't even matter.