Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Question: Is this what some of you want to happen? Do you want the movie to fail or what?
You know the diehard Marvel devotees hate all things DC and want all their flicks to fail.
Its that sports team mentality except with comic book movie companies.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It will make big money..the promotion is gonna be crazy and Wonder Woman is in this too. We have no idea what her effect is on things...her fanbase is fukking huge.

:comeon: Storm has a bigger fanbase IMO

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know the diehard Marvel devotees hate all things DC and want all their flicks to fail.
Its that sports team mentality except with comic book movie companies.

Yeah but with sports teams, there's something innate about it because you as a fan do get to share in the victory. When the giants won the super bowl a few years ago and back in 07, I got to go to the parade, I got to be a part of that in a real tangible way. When a Marvel or DC film does well at the box office, is there a parade I get to go to? Nah, just more execs getting bigger checks and not sharing any of that money with me. The only benefit to fans is a continuous stream of more comic book movies, which is a good thing in my eyes. Warner Bros or Disney aren't going to fly me out to their Canyon of heroes and give me access to players and coaches and let me get closer to a super bowl trophy than I'd ever get seeing as how I'm not going to play in the NFL.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They obviously want to give it every opportunity to succeed especially releasing the film so early in the year. They don't want that summer competition, so that could be a smart move or it could backfire as not showing confidence in this film being bigger than Cap 3 or whatever else comes out next summer.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
than Wonder Woman????

are you huffing gas????

Wonder Woman is the archetype breh.

Does storm even have her own logo?

Among real life people that I know, WW is hardly ever brought up. People talk more about Storm. I agree WW should have a larger fanbase, but it doesn't seem as if people give a shyt about WW these days.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Among real life people that I know, WW is hardly ever brought up. People talk more about Storm. I agree WW should have a larger fanbase, but it doesn't seem as if people give a shyt about WW these days.
yea...cause the last time she was in the spotlight was in the 70's.

and yet even still she remains an icon in spite of it.

chick embodies like the ultimate female power fantasy. what does storm do? control the weather? Okay that's cool, but it's not something that's gonna empower females.

Whereas WW fukkin ties dudes up and forces them to tell the truth!!! lol what's fukkin with that!?!!

if they get her right and gadot really nails it, she will be huge.

BIG if though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah but with sports teams, there's something innate about it because you as a fan do get to share in the victory. When the giants won the super bowl a few years ago and back in 07, I got to go to the parade, I got to be a part of that in a real tangible way. When a Marvel or DC film does well at the box office, is there a parade I get to go to? Nah, just more execs getting bigger checks and not sharing any of that money with me. The only benefit to fans is a continuous stream of more comic book movies, which is a good thing in my eyes. Warner Bros or Disney aren't going to fly me out to their Canyon of heroes and give me access to players and coaches and let me get closer to a super bowl trophy than I'd ever get seeing as how I'm not going to play in the NFL.
I don't understand it either.
I am a big nerd who likes these characters and am just hyped that they are all getting movies made. I may end up enjoying some more than others but I don't get the "My side vs Your side" stuff or the way dudes are still holding legit angry feelings towards MOS 2 years later.
I thought Iron Man 3 was trash but I am not holding it against Marvel Studios and pre-emptively shytting on all of their upcoming films sight unseen.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I am a big nerd who likes these characters and am just hyped that they are all getting movies made. I may end up enjoying some more than others but I don't get the "My side vs Your side" stuff or the way dudes are still holding legit angry feelings towards MOS 2 years later.
I thought Iron Man 3 was trash but I am not holding it against Marvel Studios and pre-emptively shytting on all of their upcoming films sight unseen.

Whereas I love Iron Man 3 but have issues with both Thor movies and Iron Man 2 but I understand that I'm not going to like everything a studio puts out the same way I understand I'm not going to like every comic book that said company puts out. There are going to be issues I like and issues I don't...I don't do the whole "my side vs your side" bs because while more of my favorite characters are in marvel comics, Batman is still my number 2 or 3 favorite and I love superman, green arrow, flash and wonder woman and other characters. Shyt gets kinda sad to me

Daps
Reppin
NYC

marvel has a track record though. you forgive them for the all the things they get wrong because they've gotten so much more right. even if some of the films themselves have been mediocre. their greatest achievement has been getting their charscters over.

Snyder and co. are 0/1 right out the gate (in some ppl's eyes)

so it's a lot harder to have faith

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
marvel has a track record though. you forgive them for the all the things they get wrong because they've gotten so much more right. even if some of the films themselves have been mediocre. their greatest achievement has been getting their charscters over.

Snyder and co. are 0/1 right out the gate (in some ppl's eyes)

so it's a lot harder to have faith

Therein lies the problem at least in my eyes: it's a movie, it shouldn't be worth the idea of "having faith" because that implies devotion and I'll be damned if I'm going to be devoted or have faith in a movie studio or a director or a writer. People screw up, it happens.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Therein lies the problem at least in my eyes: it's a movie, it shouldn't be worth the idea of "having faith" because that implies devotion and I'll be damned if I'm going to be devoted or have faith in a movie studio or a director or a writer. People screw up, it happens.
I mean faith as in expectations.

"From the people who brought you that movie you weren't so crazy about comes..."

It's harder to remain optimistic.

we gave them the benefit of the doubt for MOS. now they need to prove themselves.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
yea...cause the last time she was in the spotlight was in the 70's.

and yet even still she remains an icon in spite of it.

chick embodies like the ultimate female power fantasy. what does storm do? control the weather? Okay that's cool, but it's not something that's gonna empower females.

Whereas WW fukkin ties dudes up and forces them to tell the truth!!! lol what's fukkin with that!?!!

if they get her right and gadot really nails it, she will be huge.

BIG if though.
How powerful she is in relation to Storm really doesnt make a difference as to her relevance to this generation of females
I don't think you're gonna find too many females born after the 80's that care or know anything about Wonder Woman to see her as an icon over Storm, Catwoman and now Black Widow. These are the women they have grown up seeing in movies and cartoons. The WW has to be piff to make her an icon again to females

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean faith as in expectations.

"From the people who brought you that movie you weren't so crazy about comes..."

It's harder to remain optimistic.

we gave them the benefit of the doubt for MOS. now they need to prove themselves.

But there's the rub isn't it: I fukked with Man of Steel so for me, there's no reason to not think I won't like the next chapter but I very well could not like it. Just like I loved Cap 2 but I could've very well not liked Guardians of the Galaxy but I did. Just like I could not like age of ultron. I guess I just don't have expectations when it comes to movies anymore, I'd prefer to go in even keel